Jarome Iginla Still A 30-Goal Scorer

Louis23

Looks like despite what everyone said of him, he will score 30 goals AGAIN afterall. Make that 12 seasons (I believe) of scoring 30+ goals in a row (if you exclude the shortened season of last year), and 14 consecutive seasons of scoring at least 28 goals. Iggy is still rolling afterall... lol

2 goals last night to help keep the Bruins on top in the East...

If the Flames were contending for the Cup this season it would be different...   But since that's not going to happen...   :ph34r:

There is nothing else I would like to see happen more this playoff season, than to see Iggy get to raise the Cup over his head for a skate around the rink...

Interesting that you chose to pick the 30 goals/season streak Louis... I would have chosen his 1300 NHL games played that he just attained last game

fd30acfbcef419eaa8a3e0f10763b007.png

336e444e3f2e74f37dbd2b2d82ab4a31.png

Either way I was not among the "despite what everyone said of him" crowd and still wish him continued success... except against us of course...

Didn't think he had it in him. Especially with how bad he looked late last season.

5 more goals in his last 14 games required.

He's part of the 3rd highest scoring team in the league.

Getting rave reviews from Bruins fan.

This definitely puts a large dent in my pessimism of him hitting 600 goals in a Bruins jersey. 

Been waiting since the 2010 Olympics for him to drop significantly in goal scoring... 

Legend is just legend.

I've been waiting for play-off time, Cheering for both the Bruins and our soon to be scary Heat team.

Good players show up at this time of the year, and I fully expect Iggy to get 30+ goals by the end of the season.

I'll be cheering for any team he's on until he lifts that cup, unless of course its against the flames.

• 10 months later...

Anybody think Iggy will retire as a Flame in 2 years time?

No unless it is only the paperwork for his retirement..... Like where he retires next day after signing.. 

I would not like to see Iggy back and playing here again... He will get his kudos here eventually.. I think as a Jersey in the rafters...

Anybody think Iggy will retire as a Flame in 2 years time?

I hope so... hopefully the Flames sign him to a final one yr contract after his present contract expires.  He could be a good mentor and finally have a good center to play with.

I hope so... hopefully the Flames sign him to a final one yr contract after his present contract expires.  He could be a good mentor and finally have a good center to play with.

Just in time when The Flames wins the SC! That would be a good Disney movie staring Miley Cyrus as the new owner of the Flames.

Seriously though, if it's not just a paperwork signing like what DD says he might be on the 3rd or 4th line.

Just in time when The Flames wins the SC! That would be a good Disney movie staring Miley Cyrus as the new owner of the Flames.

Seriously though, if it's not just a paperwork signing like what DD says he might be on the 3rd or 4th line.

As long as he has a roster spot, i'll be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this...he may not reach 30 this year but he's passing some greats on the AllTime Lists:

"Has reached the 20-goal mark for the 16th time in his career. - Shares the team lead with four power-play goals. - Has moved from 24th to 19th on the all-time goals list this season, passing Guy Lafleur, Mats Sundin, Joe Nieuwendyk, Mike Bossy and Mark Recchi. - Has moved from 50th to 43rd in points, passing Bobby Hull, Sergei Fedorov, Rod Brind'Amour, Dino Ciccarelli, Vincent Damphousse and Bernie Nicholls. - Recorded his 1,200th career point on Jan 30 vs. Nashville, becoming the 47th player in NHL history to reach that milestone.

Props to you Iggy!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't look now, but with 8 games remaining, Iggy is only 4 goals away from ANOTHER 30 goal season. From where he was earlier in the year, I wouldn't have thought it possible. But he's put himself within striking distance of reaching that milestone again. Can he do it? I wouldn't really want to bet on it. But I wouldn't want to bet against it either...

• 2 weeks later...

It's like looking at an old flame (pun intended) doing well with somebody new.

Lol.... that was a gem, couldn't have said it better myself.

I still want to see him win a cup at some point, a few years away doesn't wipe clean almost 2 decades of proudly wearing the flaming C on his chest.

Archived