Klimchuk is and will always be underrated. He reminds me of Hossa. Hes great in his two way game and underrated. Granted I dont see Klimchuk putting up a 100 point season, but 60 points regularly and solid all around play would not surprise me. Langkow would be another good example except he was a center.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight would be a good chance for Flames fans to get a read on Klimchuk. The game is on SN-West at 8:00pm MDT. He has been quiet in the playoffs so far, but TBH I haven't watched him play this year more than a period or two.

Oh, and Roy is also playing tonight. Go Wheaties Go. Unless you want to see him play in Addy, in which case it is Lose Wheaties Lose. Yuck. No matter how much I would like to see him help out the baby Flames, I have a hard time cheering for the Oil-Queens to win.

Tonight would be a good chance for Flames fans to get a read on Klimchuk. The game is on SN-West at 8:00pm MDT. He has been quiet in the playoffs so far, but TBH I haven't watched him play this year more than a period or two.

Oh, and Roy is also playing tonight. Go Wheaties Go. Unless you want to see him play in Addy, in which case it is Lose Wheaties Lose. Yuck. No matter how much I would like to see him help out the baby Flames, I have a hard time cheering for the Oil-Queens to win.

As a Tigers fan I am rooting for the Oil Kings to upset as the Wheaties have owned us all year.

Klimchuk has been quietly amassing points but I admit as an OA was expecting more this year on a strong Brandon team

As a Tigers fan I am rooting for the Oil Kings to upset as the Wheaties have owned us all year.

Klimchuk has been quietly amassing points but I admit as an OA was expecting more this year on a strong Brandon team

Just for clarification does OA = Overage?

If so this wasn't Klimchuk's overage season, this was his 19 year old season as he is a '95.

Hopefully he has big game tonight to keep Brandon in this.

So I was looking at the scoresheet and I am not seeing Klimchuk's name. Does anybody know why he isn't playing?

The one game I get to see and they announce he is "banged up" before the game starts. Argggg. Yet to see this kid play for CGY or in any meaningful game.

BTW, they just seem to be holding him out of this game, and not a long-term thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Klimchuk returned to the Wheat Kings line up tonight in the hopes of wrapping up their 2nd round series against the Regina Pats. Up 3-1 in the series.

I just saw that earlier. That is great news. Looking forward to seeing him battle for the Memorial Cup down the road a bit.

First things first. Ed Chynoweth Cup.

• 8 months later...

Klimchuk with first pro goal, assist and points tonight. Hopefully the flood gates open up for him and he starts to find his offense.

Agreed, would be great if he did. Klimchuk is one of my personal favorites in the Flames prospect pool so I am pulling for him. I actually like him more than Poirier but I can't rank him higher because injuries/results hasn't warranted it. 

Agreed, would be great if he did. Klimchuk is one of my personal favorites in the Flames prospect pool so I am pulling for him. I actually like him more than Poirier but I can't rank him higher because injuries/results hasn't warranted it. 

I think he will take another year in the AHL at minimum.  The injuries have set him back, but there are some players that need more time to ripen.  His defensive instincts are fine, but he also needs to learn how to score in the pro leagues.  

I really like Klimchuk, I like his motor and his hockey IQ. I think he still needs to put on some muscle, as a smaller guy he needs that strength to get to the hard areas. I hope getting these points and playing in that outdoor game boosts his confidence and he continues to progress.

• 10 months later...

Klimchuk, Jankowski, Anderrson, and Mangiapane, Shinkaruk, and Pribyl all off to a good start.

But you know who I'm Most impressed with, in the very first few games is...

Oliver Kylington.

Younger than everyone else in the list above.   Got a couple assists in, and he's got a plus/minus of 4 (tied for third best on the team).

Compare that to last year's -15.   He appears to have made strides.   Hopefully that keeps up.

Archived