Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. I'm happy with Monahan & the other 2 are wait & see types.

Right now I wish we could have packaged those late picks & a player to get a player ready to step into the lineup but that window closed. We do have cap space to add salary dumps so hopefully we have a team before training camp.

@ least Feaster got a good 1 @ #6. I wish I could say the Flyers got 1 @ 11 or the Jets @ 13.

My biggest regret is the Oilers getting Nurse. That hurts.

I think most people are confused with the fact that the Flames picked 3 times in the first.  Most of us look at Monahan, and think the rest are 2nd rounder-esque, but the Flames picked 2 other solid first rounder prospects in the first round.  The 4 picks after the Flames didn't go by the book either.  I wouldn't lean too much into it.  Hell, Zykov and Hagg both went late 2nd.

The 3rd rounder....that left me with a big ??  The kid doesn't fit the bill, but then again, the Heat needs players too.

Interviewing him now.  Even Kanzig didn't think he was going to be drafted in the third.  

Apparently he has improved ten fold from where he was last year so flames just believe they have a project that they may not have gotten in the 5th. Having said that anytime some is a below avg skater in junior hockey I get nervous.

Thanks cross, this is what I was looking for, guess the1st round is not as much of a bust as I had thought.  BUT what's up with that 3rd round pick???

I don't think many are going to defend the 3rd to you.  I don't see a high risk but high reward in the pick.  It is almost certain he would have been available in the 5-round.  There were plenty of very good prospects still on the board.  Very confusing pick.  

Apparently he has improved ten fold from where he was last year so flames just believe they have a project that they may not have gotten in the 5th. Having said that anytime some is a below avg skater in junior hockey I get nervous.

Hence the broomball shoes question...   :)

Then trade down and get a 4 + 5 or something.  

I always try to temper my opinion on picks as most of us aren't experts on prospects.  But when the collective hockey world goes 'huh' and the guy selected is a massive but slow D that himself didn't expect to get drafted it doesn't inspire much confidence.  

Argh.  First the Canucks get Shin when we pass on him.  Now they get Subban.  Wonder of they want to trade Kanzig for Subban?

Ugh. I'd rather keep Kanzig and see if he pans it than take Subban. 5'9 risk taking dman don't give me any confidence.

I always try to temper my opinion on picks as most of us aren't experts on prospects.  But when the collective hockey world goes 'huh' and the guy selected is a massive but slow D that himself didn't expect to get drafted it doesn't inspire much confidence.  

Same here...   I just don't think he was BPA, and that's not the only pick I disagree with...   That said, I hope I am wrong and they are right, for the sake of the franchise...

I lost track of who was taken, what about Chase or Lipon ? are they left?

Lipton is gone but chase is there. I thought the 5th or 6th is where Chase would go and I won't be too upset if they take him but IMO he doesn't have NHL potential

isnt that the truth...

maybe we are just guarding ourselves to have a shot at McDavid in two years.

Archived