Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hate to say this but feaster and co may be on to something with the Poirier pick, Kid has some explosive speed, strong on puck and has some hands too.

Not sure about his over all game and the fact he's a LW 

But I will eat my words on the Poirier pick I think I'll be OK with.

The other one though, not so sold on klemchuck though, again another LW who is nothing flashy but looks to be big and strong, BUT still LW.

Still 60+ people lurking around here :)

Thanks for starting this awesome thread s4xon

Must leave for previously planned bar-bq.

Hope all later picks are all hidden treasures & not sunken treasures!

Later All

Np bud, have a fun one!

Well, hate to say this but feaster and co may be on to something with the Poirier pick, Kid has some explosive speed, strong on puck and has some hands too.

Not sure about his over all game and the fact he's a LW 

But I will eat my words on the Poirier pick I think I'll be OK with.

The other one though, not so sold on klemchuck though, again another LW who is nothing flashy but looks to be big and strong, BUT still LW.

Klimchuk is 5'11". Might want to check back on that. Would definitely help your case to spell the name right though.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/52401-NHL-draft-wild-card-prospects.html

Keegan Kanzig, D – Victoria Royals (WHL)

On the exact opposite end of the spectrum, we have the 6-foot-5, 238-pound behemoth Kanzig. For the big Royals rearguard, the issue is foot speed. Kanzig is a heavyweight fighter whose 159 PIM ranked fourth in the Western League, but he also has one goal in two full seasons, including playoffs. Some teams crave toughness and that would be Kanzig’s only ticket in New Jersey.

Make work project. He has to appear busy.

He made 1 good move by taking Nurse over Nichushkin. That will cement this as a good draft for the Oilers.

I don't doubt it.  The Oilers tend to be one blockbuster move wonders.  Although MacT is pulling a little more work than Tambs who let the 3 x 1st overall fall into his lap.

Keegan Kanzig seems like a pick Darryl Sutter would have made. Huge kid but skating a bit questionable and he put up 7 points.....

Needless to say in quite disappointed in that pick.

especially after what we've seen in the last 2 years in the 3rd round from this scouting group.

In other words, the Flames just picked a Goon that will never make the NHL.

Make work project. He has to appear busy.

He made 1 good move by taking Nurse over Nichushkin. That will cement this as a good draft for the Oilers.

I have said this in other threads, but Nurse could turn out to be a D that will make opponents pay for not keeping their heads up...   Monahan was the better choice for the Flames, but I was hoping the Oil wouldn't take Nurse...

ok I've been drinking a lot, thanks

If you aren't 1/2 drunk by now you are doing the draft wrong.

By our last 2 picks I think Feaster was drinking as fast as I was. :lol: j/k

I have said this in other threads, but Nurse could turn out to be a D that will make opponents pay for not keeping their heads up...   Monahan was the better choice for the Flames, but I was hoping the Oil wouldn't take Nurse...

I agree.

I was hoping the Oilers would take Nich or trade that pick (preferably to the Flyers).

Hey guys just got  back from Flames central and im sure you guys were shocked with our 22nd pick as much as everyone there. But after doing some internet searches im quite content to see what this kid can bring and it seems hartley was quite high on him. As well he comes from the same team that former Flame Martin Gelinas played, heard Montreal was quite high on him as well and to see Shinkaruk fall was shocking but something he did or said or maybe a hole in his game led many teams to pick past him (so lets not get to hard on feaster here)

As for Klimchuk, couldnt be happier with that pick at 28. The kid has potential just needs to season it now, he is reguarded high by his peers and fellow players. and in the last WJC he was 2nd on the team behind Conor McDavid.. (if only we can tank the 2014-2015 season for him)

Archived