Stanley Cup Final 2013

Carty

Who will skate with the cup this year?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will skate with the cup this year?

• Boston Bruins
    • Chicago Blackhawks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only team in my mind that I would consider betting on to beat Boston from the west would be Chicago.  The right two teams are in this SCF for sure.  I think Boston has what it takes to physically wear the Hawks down, and I also give them the edge in goaltending.  Chicago has the edge in firepower, but I think Boston gets the nod on D.

That all being said, I think I pick Boston to win this one.

Not sure that Boston has enough speed to keep up with Chicago and the pace they set. The whole Easter finals seemed like it was played at a slightly slower pace.

Then again the east hasn't been the brutal war that most west series seemed to have gone through so that may work in their favor.

Well... if Chicago can attack em with speed like Toronto attacked em, then I like their chances.  Only problem is... That Boston D and Forward back check has only gotten stronger, and stronger and stronger with each round.

Leaning Hawks.  But I've been surprised to see the Hawks get this far.  I've expected them to get out-goaltended in each round except the first.

So if they can limit the chances against like they have, Crawford won't have to steal a game for them.... just steal  a goal here and there like he has been.

Whoever wins, i hope its just an embarrassing outright loss for the loser.  

Like "clean out your lockers and revel in shame about what you just pooped out there on the ice for the next 4 months" bad.

Unlikely.. but it's something to wish for as my team's 2 largest rivals go at it...

Whoever wins, i hope its just an embarrassing outright loss for the loser.  

Like "clean out your lockers and revel in shame about what you just pooped out there on the ice for the next 4 months" bad.

Unlikely.. but it's something to wish for as my team's 2 largest rivals go at it...

I'd rather just see good hockey. I rarely wish for embarrasingly poor hockey from any team even those teams I am not fond of or that my team is playing against.

I'd rather just see good hockey. I rarely wish for embarrasingly poor hockey from any team even those teams I am not fond of or that my team is playing against.

Well.. at least you said rarely and not never.  Same with me.  It just so happens this is one of those rare times.  I wouldn't mind it going 7 games with each team taking turns embarrassing themselves if that makes it any better...

I'm sure there would be a couple flames fan along the same thought line if Van-Edm were playing each other in a series... similar thing.

Well.. at least you said rarely and not never.  Same with me.  It just so happens this is one of those rare times.  I wouldn't mind it going 7 games with each team taking turns embarrassing themselves if that makes it any better...

I'm sure there would be a couple flames fan along the same thought line if Van-Edm were playing each other in a series... similar thing.

I might think that way if there was a Pens vs Canucks final.

Edmonton I view as a non-factor for @ least a few more years.

FF52 and his stupid little Hawk miniature cup's fault! :mad:

& I'm leaving it there for game 2. :lol:

Did you guys look @ the ice time some players logged? Duncan Keith was @ 48:40. Seidenberg @ 48:36. Incredible!

What a game! It almost turned into 2 games without a break. 112+ minutes.

Archived