Ken King

Carty

I've been wondering for a while why there wasn't a Ken King thread...   Somebody had to start one, so here it is...

I have my own opinions, but for now I will start the thread off like this...

I was going to start this thread with this link 2 days ago, but I thought I would let some of the "Minus 12 Deep Freeze" wear off first...   If anyone has already posted this link, I missed it...

For anyone that did not see it yet or only caught part of it, Bob McCown had an interview with Ken King on Prime Time Sports the other day...   It is 15 min. 39 sec. long, but well worth watching in it's entirety as it answers some important questions, and directly points the finger at other questions that need to be answered by the Flames organization as they owe it to the fan base that supports them, and one way or another pays the bills...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/

Nothing too ground breaking for me, especally given the stories that have leaked out. Obviously he did the same thing as Feaster did, short of calling it a "rebuild" that's what they are going to do they are going to rebuild which is nice to hear. I think both are never going to call it a rebuild because they'll get roasted for all the comments they've made about Edmonton the last few seasons. Does sound though that they arn't too happy with Jarome and how the process went down either.

I saw the first show and McCown was at it again yesterday....I don't think I've seen McCown so mad. He honestly thinks Iginla reneged on the deal,meaning he said yes to the Boston offer and later changed his mind. This talk of having a player sign his list of teams he'd be willing to go to is a great legal idea,but Iggy held the "hammer" and Jay shat his pants by apparently not understanding how the process was going to go down...as in nothing is "done" until Iggy signs off.If Jay told Boston it was a done deal when it obviously wasn't.

Personaly,I think Iggy seriously considered Boston,and because the packages by both teams were so similar he ended up going to Pits.

simply to play with Sid and Gino.

KK should be relieved of his duties as President of the Flames(he's obviously President of too many things) and Jay should be fired for incompetance

Man I wish we had of been looking for a new President a year or so ago when Davidson left the Blues and took over CBJ.....oh wait we were....Flames owners just didn't know it then.

For what it is worth I sent an email to Ken King when Davidson was released. I told him it would be a crime to let this hockey guy go elsewhere without at least talking to him.

I thought about it afterword and figured it was a waste of my energy because likely KK would just look upon him as competition.

A couple/few weeks ago I read somewhere that Flames did talk to him but that it did not go anywhere. That was some blog site so not sure how accurate that was.

For what it is worth I sent an email to Ken King when Davidson was released. I told him it would be a crime to let this hockey guy go elsewhere without at least talking to him.

I thought about it afterword and figured it was a waste of my energy because likely KK would just look upon him as competition.

A couple/few weeks ago I read somewhere that Flames did talk to him but that it did not go anywhere. That was some blog site so not sure how accurate that was.

Thanks DD if it is true at least they pursued it.

So who would people want as President of Hockey Ops?  Burke could be a front runner in my books holding both President of Hockey Ops and GM, other than that who is really out there?

Burke ...

Really, Burke ... has chicken little taken such a tight grasp on this fanbase that we are actually thinking that Burke is our saviour?

Look the problem is they have been in a "playoffs now" mind set for so long they have emptied the cupboard.

What they need is to first decide on what KIND of team they want Calgary to be and no "competitive" isn't a kind of team anyone who owns a fracking hockey team wants a competitive one its like saying you want an ice hockey team.

Are we a grinding lunch bucket team?  Are we a finesse dangling team?  Are was a puck possession / passing team?  Are we a hybrid team and if so how much of each.

They need to sort that out first.  Once they have that then start moving forward.

Me I would go for the 75% grinder. 25% puck possession team you can get that up and running reasonably quickly at at least the game is exciting to watch.  Keep the dome cheering and you keep butts in the seats.

The second thing they need to do is ensure that their strategy is long term, they make sure that they keep the cupboard stocked year over year.  Sure one year we may empty it out a little for that big push (look at what Pitts is doing this year) when it could really make the difference but overall we treat our 1st round picks as sacred, moved only for a proven asset that plugs a recognized hole. 

I really don't think the owners have an appetite for such though and that worries me.  Are we looking at young guns II ... well honestly if they don't sort the above out first I would have to say we should be so lucky.

At this point it still feels like monkey's throwing turd on the wall hoping something interesting sticks.

I was listening to Fan960 and they said there was "talk" with John Davidson but it didn't amount to much because at the time, there wasn't a position available for Davidson.  Give it one or two more years and that might change.

For the record, i think Ken King has done well from a business perspective.  The Flames generate good revenue for a small market team.  He lacks hockey knowledge but as long as he can hire the right GM, then I think he's a good fit for his position as president.  Feaster is a lawyer and not the hockey brains that complements King.

My old man has been advocating firing King for a long time, like more then 5 years. Great guy but seems to put maybe a little too much focus on doing good for the community and building the franchises reputation then on winning hockey games. He, like me, was clearly against trading iginla for a long time and was quite likely a huge part of us not doing so, and I have to make the assumption that some of his reasoning was because of iginla`s popularity among the community rather then winning games. That being said, winning games isn`t ``directly`` his job.

My old man has been advocating firing King for a long time, like more then 5 years. Great guy but seems to put maybe a little too much focus on doing good for the community and building the franchises reputation then on winning hockey games. He, like me, was clearly against trading iginla for a long time and was quite likely a huge part of us not doing so, and I have to make the assumption that some of his reasoning was because of iginla`s popularity among the community rather then winning games. That being said, winning games isn`t ``directly`` his job.

That's fair enough. There's no right ways. Just discovered ones.

It's still selling hockey, at the end of the day.

We're in full flux.

I'll be shocked to not hear an announcement on KK's role with the Flames.

Posted · Hidden by Pyromancer, April 7, 2013 - Spam
Hidden by Pyromancer, April 7, 2013 - Spam

ксенон Alpha. где купить камеру в рамке номерного знака. интернет магазин предлагает клубную одежду, авто-мото товары, а также высококачественные товары для путешествий и спорта с быстрой доставкой дешево. купить ксенон Alpha

• 4 months later...

Archived