Redden To Blues

conundrumed

Pietrangelo - Shattenkirk - Jackman - Cole - Redden - Polak - Huskins - Russell.

A big strong team already... Jackman and Redden are the only vets on that above list over the age of 26.

Ala the additions of Arnott and Langenbrunner proving so valuable last yr, Redden is that same type of locker room guy they could use on the backend.

Good pick up for that team at this time...

From what I've heard the missed action has taken its toll on Redden, the musings are that he is incredibly slow and has a very hard time keeping up with the play.

He had been playing in the AHL for 2 years where NY sent him. I heard differently but if he hadn't been playing how would anyone know he had slowed and couldn't keep up with the play?

and how can missed action take its toll? wouldn't the action take its toll? Most of us call that rest.

I've read stories out of the east the last few years that the NYR had a bad case of buyer's regret. They were lucky enough to fleece Montreal but couldn't find a 2nd taker.

A lower cap hit/salary & he might have been traded if NYR settled for something reasonable.

More then 1 writer mentioned that if Redden could buy out his own contract he'd be in demand @ a reasonable price but it wasn't allowed.

He's older but his talent hasn't disappeared. He'll likely be very motivated to prove he belongs in the show. He'll be depth by now but playing. He played 70 in 2010-11 & 49 in 2011-12 for the Connecticut Whale.

He had been playing in the AHL for 2 years where NY sent him. I heard differently but if he hadn't been playing how would anyone know he had slowed and couldn't keep up with the play?

and how can missed action take its toll? wouldn't the action take its toll? Most of us call that rest.

I think he means missed NHL time, not playing time. I've read some of the same musings, but time will tell I guess.

because some keep in shape when they rest, some do not. Don't shoot the messenger, they were talking about it on the Fan960 Flames show this afternoon.

Archived