Nhl Center Ice Ummmm 40% Off Dashes Out Of Here....

DirtyDeeds

40% of the total year price or 40% off what half a season would cost?

If it's 40% of what a normal year would cost thats pretty weak and not a discount, its just a reduced rate for a reduced product but it would be in line with the service they would give you so they really arn't giving fans a break.

40% of the total year price or 40% off what half a season would cost?

If it's 40% of what a normal year would cost thats pretty weak and not a discount, its just a reduced rate for a reduced product but it would be in line with the service they would give you so they really arn't giving fans a break.

No, it's 40% off the pro-rated amount. It's more like 70% off the normal price

I'm soo tempted to make this purchase...

But it would conflict with my vow to not spend a $ on the NHL this yr...

I have one lone exception this yr - we will be travelling either to Phoenix or LA to catch a Canuck game during a golf weekend in march.

but that 40% off has me massively tempted to break the vow.

I'm soo tempted to make this purchase...

But it would conflict with my vow to not spend a $ on the NHL this yr...

I have one lone exception this yr - we will be travelling either to Phoenix or LA to catch a Canuck game during a golf weekend in march.

but that 40% off has me massively tempted to break the vow.

Why make a vow that you get tempted not to keep.

When I said I would boycott the NHL if they didn't get a deal done, I meant it.

Well I signed up and then found out a ton of games are indeed restricted to me because some rip off outfit in the UK called Premier Sports, which is not available on my TV service (Premier Sports is only available to Sky customers extra £10 a month on top of normal costs), have exclusive rights to a ton of games even if they are showing them on a time delay over here.

For example 3 games on at 3pm EST today I can only watch OTT v WPG as Premier Sports are showing PIT v PHI live and then CHI v LA on a time delay so I cannot watch that one either. So frelling no choice there.

It's the same later on in evening. I thought I'd take in MTL v TOR but that's been shown live in the UK with WAS V TBL on a time delay. Hey at least I get a choice at 8pm EST to watch BOS v NYR or NYI V NJD.

So UK based Flames fans beware NHL game center does have restrictions and you will not see live the games on 22 or 24 Jan so 2 games out of first 3 we cannot watch live. They only show listings for the first week but if that trend continues we will only get the chance to see Flames live 16 times out of the 48 games.

If they show the games live or delayed you have to wait 48 hours to see them on Game Center Live.

Wish I known all that before signing up. Alternative options will have to be considered.

Cannot get it as I am on VirginMedia and it is only available on Sky and not changing to them. Also costs extra £10 per month on top of normal cable costs. They carry 15 games a week but load Saturday nights (Sunday morning our time) so with 13 games on today I cannot choose to watch 5 of them due to local restrictions.

Sucks big time and I will probably cancel on Monday after Flames opener as there is a 5 day cool off period.

That sucks big time! I hate crap like that, I ve had problems in the past with football and hockey where my cable provider wasn't in contract with certain channels and even though I had center ice or a game was on a local station they would black it out. Its pissed me off so much in the past that I ve canceled cable with certain providers cause they couldnt do anything for me.

Its very frustrating when youre the fan and you just wanna watch your team, and even though you pay for a certain package its all up to the contracts between the cable company and certain channels. I feel your pain rocket doctor!

Wow man, Pittsburgh/Philly rematch, and it isn't even on center ice. unbelievable.

Yeah, it's blacked out for me on center ice and NBC east here in Alberta too... :mad:

But for those that didn't know, Shaw has a free promo for center ice (at least in Alberta it sounds like) until the end of the month...

Well watched my only choice Ott @ Win and not that impressed with NHL Game center. Big lack of atmosphere with no ads, no talk in intermissions or preview of game or post game discussion. Left me totally underwhelmed and turned off with NHL gamecenter.

No wonder people use alternative access to watch their games.

Archived