Semin Signs In Carolina

Kulstad

Well im not as optimistic as Louis, but you gotta say Overpaid he made 6.7 last year and put up less than 25 goals i dont see how that earned a raise. At the same time i see people over on TSN saying hes now going to put up a point a game production, my question is how when he had backstrom feeding him the puck and still couldnt achieve that. I dont think he will be playing with E.Staal and J.Staal line, so what type of realistic production at 7mil do you think they will get?

There is nothing that indicates Semin has changed any of his attitude or work ethic to play differently this year other than a new team. *cough cough* another yashin in the making. good luck Canes.

Do I think the Canes overpaid? Absofreakinlutely... :lol:

But look at the rest of the crazy deals that have gone down so far this summer...

The market has continued to get out of whack at breakneck speed...

Between the front loaded long term deals and the over payments on other contracts, the owners collectively will hit a breaking point perhaps sooner than later...

These deals will have a cumulative effect, and it will not help out the CBA negotiations...

Tlusty - Staal - Semin

Skinner - Staal - Ruutu

Bowman - Jokinen - LaRose

Nodl - Brent - Dwyer/Stewart

Not bad at all..

I still have visions of his sick wrister from the playoffs. anyone with a better wrister than Ov is a weapon you want on your team.

Tlusty - Staal - Semin

Skinner - Staal - Ruutu

Bowman - Jokinen - LaRose

Nodl - Brent - Dwyer/Stewart

Not bad at all..

I still have visions of his sick wrister from the playoffs. anyone with a better wrister than Ov is a weapon you want on your team.

his wrister is sick but unfortunately does not unload every game.

anyone is welcome to correct me here, but i do remember hearing that after jordan signed with the Canes the word was he would play along his brother not on a separate line.

anyone is welcome to correct me here, but i do remember hearing that after jordan signed with the Canes the word was he would play along his brother not on a separate line.

That was speculation by fans/bloggers/media. Eric played some wing before but I don't recall Jordan doing that.

It doesn't make sense to move a proven 2C to wing & replace him with a guy that has proven himself 2C tops to give people the assumed magic of 2 brothers on a line. (They might do it for navajo fry breads & giggles in an exhibition but not when there are points on the line.)

:)

That was speculation by fans/bloggers/media. Eric played some wing before but I don't recall Jordan doing that.

It doesn't make sense to move a proven 2C to wing & replace him with a guy that has proven himself 2C tops to give people the assumed magic of 2 brothers on a line. (They might do it for navajo fry breads & giggles in an exhibition but not when there are points on the line.)

:)

It makes sense considering Skinner is a centreman and should be developped at his natural position. And if one Staal would move to the wing it would be Eric IMO. He has played wing before and is more effective at it than his brother. I think Skinner/J.Staal gives you a decent 1-2 punch down the middle going forward.

E.Staal-J.Staal-Semin

Jokinen-Skinner-Ruutu

Decent top 6.

It makes sense considering Skinner is a centreman and should be developped at his natural position. And if one Staal would move to the wing it would be Eric IMO. He has played wing before and is more effective at it than his brother. I think Skinner/J.Staal gives you a decent 1-2 punch down the middle going forward.

E.Staal-J.Staal-Semin

Jokinen-Skinner-Ruutu

Decent top 6.

Very decent...

Unfortunately Cam Ward will be facing 100 shots a game with that d group.

If Minny and Nashville (with the exception that they have #1Ds) can succeed with their groups, the Canes will be fine.

Pitkanen - Gleason

Corvo - McBain

Faulk - Gragnani

Is pretty decent. Especially in the weaker southeast division. They'll be fine.

Overpaid? Not really. Hes only getting a 300k raise on a UFA signing. I would have gladly taken him at 7mil for 2 or maybe even 3 years on the Penguins.

Really? you would take a guy that has the label of being lazy on the ice and plays only when he wants to and you wanna give him 7 mil and ice time over others.. you should see if you can talk to washington players about him and how they feel.

Just a thought, but it's possible that stepping out of the shadow of that other Alexander might lead Semin in the right direction. Because one thing is certain, he has a ton of skill. Semin's as good as he's ever going to be this coming year, it's Carolina's risk and, for that team, I'd have done the same.

Semin had a contract breakdown with the Caps pre-Ovechkin and went back to be the toast of the KHL.

He's played in Ovechkin's shadow, and I believe he wants to stand apart and show his own worth.

If he's content with a 1 year contract, I think he'll be epic with a linemate like Staal that WILL take over the game at every opportunity.

Dang, it makes me ill to think about #1C's around the league compared to ours...

Archived