• Blues Sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7
    • Kings in 7
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings Sweep

The first matchup of the 2nd round is officially set...

#2 St.Louis Blues vs #8 LA Kings

Who do ya got?

Forward depth seems like the major difference between these teams...

An expectation of a low scoring series seems reasonable...

Quick - Elliot

Doughty - Petriangelo

Cheering for the Blues to come out of the West, and not because I'm bitter. Always liked the Blues and can't say I don't like any of their players.

Backes vs. Kopitar/Richards will be an epic battle.

Perron - Backes - Oshie

Steen - Berglund - McDonald

Stewart - Sobotka - Langenbrunner

Crombeen - Nichol - Arnott

vs.

Williams - Kopitar - Brown

Carter - Richards - King

Penner - Stoll - Lewis

Fraser - Richardson - Nolan

Van, SJ, Det are dead. Chicago's walking with a serious limp.

The spin doctors are running for cover.

I LOVE the WC.

Ideally for St Loo, you'd want to put a year of playoff experience behind some of your young studs, but whaddya gonna do?

Langenbrunner, Arnott and Nichol (minor) off-season acquisitions are looking like a stroke of genius right about now.

Season series 3-1 LA.

Last 2 is 1-1. 1-0 STL; 1-0(SO) LA.

Hope you don't like the unending goals and mistakes by playing pond hockey.

I don't have a clue on prediction, because it's going to be who gets the bounces and who gets the calls.

Going for St Loo, I like LA too, so have to say St Loo at home in the 7th game!

For me, this would be a great boost for the city, and a great time for us on the recollections of a storied NHL franchise. Bust out the Bob and Barclay Plager jersies!

There is hockey passion in Chicago now from their run after years of even the most ardent fan having to turn away.

I want St Louis to have that this year, their fans deserve it, it is such a great place for the NHL with a solid product.

Being a Canadian who has visited both cities in lean years, I've seen hockey fanaticism in limbo babbling on to the 1st Canadian they can find!!

Go St. Loo, I'm with you, god willing and the river don't rise!!

If you want to watch quality hockey and not that river hockey crap from Pit/Phili, this could be the series. I'm going to say there are less goals scored in this entires series than were scored in that 10-3 joke in Phili/Pit.

Elliot = Quick

AP > Doughty

McDonald > Anything the Kings have got right now

Backes (now a Selke candidate) + Berglund > Kopitar + Richards (in the playoffs to date)

I don't know how a team that could only muster 2.2 regulation goals per game in a series against a pourous defense is going to expect to get over 2.0GPG against a team that didn't even allow that on average over the regular season. The Kings can't score. And they won't against the Blues.

Blues in 5.

Game 1 - 2-0 Blues

Game 2 - 3-1 Blues

Game 3 - 1-0 Kings

Game 4 - 2-1 Blues

Game 5 - 2-0 Blues

That's right, Kings score three goals the entire series. :)

Wow you guys.

In 5 would convince me St. Louis is going all the way, and that's what I want.

But I believe you guys are dreaming.

This is going to be a tough series.

There is no way around St. Louis's defence or goaltending. And the Kings can't score on the best of days anyway. Richards/Carter quit after game one.

If the Kings plan on having Kopitar/Brown as their only threat, the Blues will make very short work of this. The only way around the Blues is to roll 4 lines and frustrate them into penalties. The Blues have two of the best shutdown lines in the game. Even if Carter/Richards decide they want to play hockey, they are going to need more than that.

There is no way around St. Louis's defence or goaltending. And the Kings can't score on the best of days anyway. Richards/Carter quit after game one.

If the Kings plan on having Kopitar/Brown as their only threat, the Blues will make very short work of this. The only way around the Blues is to roll 4 lines and frustrate them into penalties. The Blues have two of the best shutdown lines in the game. Even if Carter/Richards decide they want to play hockey, they are going to need more than that.

Hey, I love what St Louis is doing. I even spotted them in preseason with the "Dem Blues" thread.

Only team I did that for, not like I started threads on everyone.

Hitchcock came in and really showed all of this talent HOW to win.

I love the "new" Ken Hitchcock even. He is completely humble, going so far as to say SJ could've easily beaten them in 5, citing luck.

What he is saying now, is LA is the 1 seed. because they beat the 1 seed.

I agree with him, if you're going to write off Kopitar, and especially, Captain Dustin Brown, I don't know what to tell you.

Richards and Carter are 2 way guys, don't bore me with stats.

Every series is different, and those 2 have been in some awfully tough battles before.

If whoever comes out of this series comes out reasonably healthy, I say they...go...all...the...way.

LA CAN beat St Louis.

I don't expect, or want that.

But I definitely respect that.

Like I implied, IN 5??

You're kidding yourself, you know Daryl Sutter is their coach, right?

This is a very close series imo.

Hey, I love what St Louis is doing. I even spotted them in preseason with the "Dem Blues" thread.

Only team I did that for, not like I started threads on everyone.

Hitchcock came in and really showed all of this talent HOW to win.

I love the "new" Ken Hitchcock even. He is completely humble, going so far as to say SJ could've easily beaten them in 5, citing luck.

What he is saying now, is LA is the 1 seed. because they beat the 1 seed.

I agree with him, if you're going to write off Kopitar, and especially, Captain Dustin Brown, I don't know what to tell you.

Richards and Carter are 2 way guys, don't bore me with stats.

Every series is different, and those 2 have been in some awfully tough battles before.

If whoever comes out of this series comes out reasonably healthy, I say they...go...all...the...way.

LA CAN beat St Louis.

I don't expect, or want that.

But I definitely respect that.

Like I implied, IN 5??

You're kidding yourself, you know Daryl Sutter is their coach, right?

This is a very close series imo.

You're right... every series is different...

It's all about matchups... and i don't like LA's chances in this one.

I don't see them winning the same way they did vs the Canucks, because the Blues simply don't have the weaknesses that they exploited vs the Canucks.

If the Kings win, it will have to be because of their special teams... that's where they could extend the series.

Otherwise, the bigger, just as aggressive Blues team should own them... and i don't think the Kings will be sniffing around the net nearly as much as they did in the Canuck series..

Hell, even in the Canuck series they were pretty much shut down offensively for the most part.

Gm 1 - was a joke of performance by the Canucks looking to fight and dive instead of playing hockey..

Gm 2 - Special teams - they were gifted 2 shorthanded goals..

Gm 3 - Canucks took over finally, but Quick was outstanding. Schneider wasn't busy.

Gm 4 - Canucks carry over from gm 3, but they this time they had finish and a PP

Gm 5 - Outstanding effort game from the Kings... extremely effective... but still only managed a goal thru 60.

I don't see the Blues gifting them any gms with rollercoaster efforts.

Kings play one way... one gear... They don't have multiple ways to beat you.. It's all forecheck, high effort, create turnovers and capitalize.

They now play a team perfectly matched against that.

That's why i think the Blues may quick work outta the Kings.

Who knows... it could end up being a long one if the Hitchcock coached team fails in the effort department like the Canucks did... but i doubt it.

ZT2tT.gif:Moen in Glory

It's gonna be a great series, which will feature a supreme chess match between the two grandmasters behind the bench. It'll probably go the distance and it will come down to coaching. As much as I love Sutter as a coach, I have to give the slightest of an edge to Hitchcock. Although it could be a coin toss.

This is the series I'm looking forward to most simply because of the coaching matchup.

Blues in 5.

Richards and Carter went Richards and Carter after gm 1. They are a one line team offensively... and the Blues are sure as hell a lot better defensively than the Canucks.

What the heck, you crazy.

The Kings could seriously go all the way. Quick could take them all the way.

Not sure why you have the Blues in 5. Where is there Vets, their experienced skill. Penner, Carter, Richards, Mitchell - they have all been around the playoff block.

Now Doughty, Kopitar, Brown are all getting a taste of it as well.

I think the Kings have everything it takes to go all the way, including the right coach who knows exactly how to handle a deep playoff run.

Little late to the party but Kings in 6, maybe even 5.

And you're asking him if he's crazy?

Uh D Sutter took the Flames to the 7th game of SC Finals. You think he doesn't know how to coach a team all the way?

Kings look like a machine out there, up 3-0 over a very good Blues team. They could sweep them.

Honestly from watching the Kings games, that team looks like a Cup team. I don't care where they finished in the standings. They have all the pieces.

Solid G. Solid D, elite D man in Doughty, two way forwards in Carter and Richards / elite skill in Kopitar / they got it all…

As long as they stay healthy… But if they keep the series they play up to the Cup short, winning out in 4-5 games. They will be rested and ready to take on whoever in the Cup Final / Conference Final.

I have a feeling we are going to see a 2004 SCF repeat....

Sutter vs Torts..

Kings vs Rangers.

Wish I wasn't late with my prediction, but I do think Kings in 6.

That's what i'm thinking too. I'm cheering for Darryl all the way.

Revenge on Torts.

Revenge on Brad Richards for '04 and not signing here in Calgary last summer.

LA vs New York. EPIC!!

Archived