Tyler Wotherspoon - D - Portland Winterhawks

Laurent Brossoit - G - Edmonton Oil Kings

NCAA

Nick Larson - LW - Notre Dame

John Ramage - D - Wisconsin Badgers

Bill Arnold - C - Boston College Eagles

John Gaudreau - F - Boston College Eagles

International

Markus Grandlund - C - HIFK (SM- liiga) Top finish League.

Karri Ramo - G - Avangard Omsk (KHL)

Thanks Cross.

There are currently 5 Flames prospects in the top 60 in scoring in the WHL. (games goals assists pts)

Baertschi 10th.7.5.9.14

Ferland 24th..9.8.3.11

Reinhart 36th.8.4.6.10

Leach 56th...10.2.7.9

Holland 59th.10.0.9.9

Baertchi has played at least 2 games fewer than every other player in the top 25 and is actually 3rd in pts per game right now.

Meanwhile at BC, two other Flame prospects are off to hot starts as well. After 4 games:

Arnold...4.2.5.7

Goudreau.4.2.4.6

Boston College was ranked #1 last week but we'll see if they maintain it after a win and a loss this weekend.

Keep it up boys!

Instead of one thread to try and follow everyone, would it be better to have a thread for each prospect similar to what they do on the FLyer boards (along with this overall thread as well)? That would be my suggestion anyway.

Instead of one thread to try and follow everyone, would it be better to have a thread for each prospect similar to what they do on the FLyer boards (along with this overall thread as well)? That would be my suggestion anyway.

Definetly doable. I use this thread not so much to discuss the prospect but just to give eveyrone a one stop reference to track how everyone is doing and then if discussion builds off of that fantastic.

Definetly doable. I use this thread not so much to discuss the prospect but just to give eveyrone a one stop reference to track how everyone is doing and then if discussion builds off of that fantastic.

exactly - and this thread is awesome. But ongoing discussions of individual prospects might be more managable in separate threads. Just a suggestion for people to consider.

If anyone is interested I have all players listed as Flames property along with their statistics. If anyone would like to help keep the stat sections up to date message me with your email address and I will add you as a collaborator.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnyM9YkEDoJIdG54bGFvaWJteUd4MUtFemNURnh6RFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

nice

Good job, Cross and Kehatch and everyone else who collaborated.

DirtyDeeds, Markus Granlund is playing up in the SM-Liiga. He has played nine straight games, the news you posted was from september. He's actually the only player from Flames' prospects whose games I can sometimes see, so if anyone has some questions I'll be happy to answer if I can. Better ask with PM's though, this thead will be all Granlund otherwise.

Updated...

There are currently 5 Flames prospects in the top 61 in scoring in the WHL and 3 in the top 20. (rank, games, goals, assists, pts)

Baertschi 8th.8.5.12.17

Ferland .9th.11.9..6.15

Reinhart 18th.10.5.9.14

Holland 35th.12.1.11.12

Leach 61st...12.2.8..10

Ferland with a goal and 2 assists Wednesday. Holland with a goal and a helper

• 3 weeks later...

Laurent Brossoit is currently showing a .915SV% percentage and 2.36 GAA through 18 games for Edmonton Oil King. Showing good improvement and seems to be another promising young goalie.

I am encouraged by his start as well, but I was one who got excited by Matt Keetley and his numbers after being drafted, Keetley had a GAA of 2.09 and a sv% of .916 that season. SO I am leery about getting too excited.

I will admit though that since Brossoit's numbers were so unimpressive last season (3.32gaa and .887sv%) that such an improvement is very positive. I would love to see Brossoit improve his numbers to a sub 2.10gaa and a sv% of over .925. Not that any of us wouldn't love that :lol:

I am encouraged by his start as well, but I was one who got excited by Matt Keetley and his numbers after being drafted, Keetley had a GAA of 2.09 and a sv% of .916 that season. SO I am leery about getting too excited.

I will admit though that since Brossoit's numbers were so unimpressive last season (3.32gaa and .887sv%) that such an improvement is very positive. I would love to see Brossoit improve his numbers to a sub 2.10gaa and a sv% of over .925. Not that any of us wouldn't love that :lol:

This is fair, but one thing I will say about Keetley is even watching him in Juniors I always had a problem seeing him as a good NHL goalie. He just dind't show you any real athleticism he was very Jiggy like in the sense that he just had to make the first save and control the rebound and he would be great. Great shot blocker, but not a great goalie, IMO.

With Brossoit, you see some pretty good athleticism IMO. I was actually quite pleased watching him at the camp and I never really walked away feeling the same about Keetley. Not saying he will be a great goalie, but I feel that he has more tools and athleticism than Keetley did.

This is fair, but one thing I will say about Keetley is even watching him in Juniors I always had a problem seeing him as a good NHL goalie. He just dind't show you any real athleticism he was very Jiggy like in the sense that he just had to make the first save and control the rebound and he would be great. Great shot blocker, but not a great goalie, IMO.

With Brossoit, you see some pretty good athleticism IMO. I was actually quite pleased watching him at the camp and I never really walked away feeling the same about Keetley. Not saying he will be a great goalie, but I feel that he has more tools and athleticism than Keetley did.

that's fair. I just try not too get too high on different guys because I leave disappointed

I know there is multiple topics started already on watching the individual players. I just rounded there stats up and put it in one topic according to there progress thus far.

Whl Prospects

________________________________________GP _____G______ A_______P_______PIM

Michael Ferland Brandon Wheat KingS________26______15_____24_______39______26

Sven Bartschi Portland Winterhawks__________16_______8_____27_______35______14

Max Reinhart Kootenay Ice__________________21_______11____16______27______14

Turner Elson Red Deer Rebels_______________21________11____11______22______16

Patrick Holland Tri-City Americans___________22_________4____18______22_______15

Tyler Wotherspoon P.Winterhawks___________20_________3______7_____10_______14

Joey Leach Kootenay Ice__________________24__________5_______12____17_______25

___________________________________GP_Min__SA__SVS_GA_SO___GAA_____SAV%____W__L_OTL_SOL

Laurent Brossoit Edmonton OilKings_____20_1187__562__512__50__0____2.53____0.911___11__7___1___1

College Prospects

Arnold and Gaudreau Earn October Honors

___________________________________GP____G___A___P_____Pim____+/_

Bill Arnold Boston College H-East________13___7___7____14______14______0

John Gaudreau Boston College H-East____13___6___5____11______2_______0

John Ramage U. of Wisconsin WCHA_____14___1__3_____4______12_____0

• 3 weeks later...

Holland had a hat trick last night and has 7 pts in his last 3 games.

With 4G 5A 9P in 5 games in December, he has clawed his way into the top 20 in scoring in the dub. Maybe he was pissed that he didn't get an invite to the WJ camp!

That's four Flame prospects currently in the top 20 in the dub - pretty impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Holland has climbed all the way up to 9th in the dub. 17-39-56 in 39 games. He has really picked up the pace. He was 4-18-22 after 22 games, so he has gone 13-21-34 in the 17 games since then. 2.0 PPG pace.

Still 4 Flames in the top 20, with Ferland 15th (21-32-53 in 37), Reinhart 19th (20-29-49 37) and Baertschi 14th (12-42-54 25) despite having 14 or 15 fewer games played than most of the leaders. And Baertschi is now the only player in the dub over 2 PPG (Tanner Pearson in the O and Huberdeau, as well)

Archived