4) Paul Byron, C

5) Max Reinhart, C

6) Greg Nemisz, RW

7) Ryan Howse, LW

8) John Gaudreau, LW

9) Bill Arnold, C

10) Michael Ferland, LW

11) John Ramage, D

Good list bernard. But If I had to grade as a balance between current skill level and potential, I'd put Gaudreau above Nemisz. The way he's playing at his age and size is phenomenal. I can't remember who said it, but they stated they just had a "feeling" about Horak. I have that same feeling. I think he's going to slowly just keep getting better and better.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know what to say to some of this, its so far offbase its disturbing.

Ramo behind Ortio? not a chance in hell. Ramo talent wise is close to or ready to be an NHL starter. Ortio is close to becoming an AHL backup.

Reinhart behind Ferland? again wtf. not even close, Reinhart is ahgead of Ferland in every way.

just sad

why does it always have to be drama-filled, man?

Look, I'm not taking him off anyone else's list. He's just not on mine.

"Disturbing":

• Ethnic cleansing.
  • Sharing toothbrushes.
  • Nude photos of Feaster.

But Prospect lists? Really?

To some, "disturbing" is anyone else's opinion but their own.

To others, "disturbing" is the top video. In my opinion, it's the bottom one.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/khl-goalie-karri-ramo-presents-worst-hockey-own-062729574.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Karri-Ramo-gives-up-terrible-rink-length-?urn=nhl-275650

Say what you want, it's debatable whether we even own his rights, when he's allowed to play in the NHL, if he has to play for the Flames, and if anyone will want him. If you think the above videos are bad, his performance in North America has been a lot worse. And he's barely young enough to even be called a prospect. This situation has all the makings of a moot point.

Say what you want, it's debatable whether we even own his rights, when he's allowed to play in the NHL, if he has to play for the Flames, and if anyone will want him. If you think the above videos are bad, his performance in North America has been a lot worse. And he's barely young enough to even be called a prospect. This situation has all the makings of a moot point.

He is 3 months younger than Schneider

imho, Schneider is a bonafide NHL starter. He was a great AHL prospect three years ago.

Ramo isn't even Allowed in the NHL. And the AHL overwhelmed him, at the same age Schneider flourished in it.

What does that even mean?

He is under contract through next season.

His NHL rights are owned by the Flames.

If he wants to play in the NHL, he will have to wait until his current contract is up, or get permission from his current team.

Oh, and Schneider is not a bonafide NHL starter. He may be ready to be one, but he has never been one. Until he is, and actually has some success doing so, he isn't - he's simply a prospective one. (not arguing your opinion of him, just stating a fact)

What does that even mean?

I felt that my statement was quite clear: He's not allowed in the NHL.

Hey, I'm happy to have Ramo in the Flame's ranks and he may end up being the best goaltender in the organization, for all I know.

All I'm saying, is for us to stop being so Canadian and apologizing for the talent we already have (or throwing it under the bus):

Some on here have compared Ramo to Irving. They just shouldn't.

Some on here have compared Ramo to Ortio. Okay. But, let's not throw Ortio under the bus either.

To be blunt: Ortio has had more AHL success than Ramo (check the stats, I do not lie).

Ortio has had WAY more junior success and than Ramo (nothing to debate here).

Ortio has had more success in Europe than Ramo (again, check the stats).

For those who says that stats are misleading...well, check the video links above.

Ramo is 25, Ortio is 19.

Case closed. If my comments came across as bashing Ramo, I apologize. The intent was to defend Ortio's value in this organization. And, to some people, even Irvings (hopefully not too many people on here rank Ramo above Irving).

I agree that Ortio should not be thrown under a bus and I don't think anyone is. He is young and needs to play and continue to develop. He is on that path.

As far as I am concerned, goaltending is the most important position in hockey, and the most difficult and unpredictable to fill. So the more prospects we have the better.

I am thrilled that we now have Irving, Ramo, Ortio and Brossoit in the system - I would welcome one or two more.

Archived