Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can always trade Eberle for another RW so Chychrun can still be a logical fit for them.  McDavid and Draisaitl also don't need new contracts next season, so, there's still time before they hit that brick wall.

Assuming McDavid is healthy, Yakupov should enjoy inflated stats next season and would be prime for trading away at that point.

It's interesting about RNH having less value than Draisaitl.  Or maybe RNH just wasn't a right fit for Nashville's game.  Who knows.

Had McDavid been healthy, I'm sure Yakupov would've enjoyed a 30-goal season with maybe 40-assists.  He could've been a perfect trade piece to rip someone off.  Hopefully, no GM out there is that stupid to give the Oilers anything good for him.

Chuchryn will be an option I'm just saying I don't think he is the logical one. IMO Chuchryn is not a top 5 player in the draft so if the OIlers take him they will be reaching based on positional need and my point is that they shouldn't do that, thats all. They have enough needs that they have to stick to the best player and not reach for the best dman. 

I play on a hockey team in TO that consists almost entirely of Habs and Oilers fans (I am one of two Flames fans, which means that we outnumber Leafs fans in our room - they're a lovely bunch!), so at the beginning of the season we all pitched on a road trip to the Bell Centre to catch them play! It's next week!

Unfortunately, both teams are terrible!

Love.

McDavid is back!! It's nutty how many Oilers fans believe this means they'll qualify for the playoffs this year...poor kid!

I don't think many Oilers fans are claiming we are going to make the playoffs.  How about we have a better shot at making the 8th seed with the Golden Child in the lineup and we should know in the next couple weeks if that's even a remote possibility?  That's more of the tone on the OMB.

..and didja catch the game last night.  McD played ok.

Some of them are holding out hope that he can still win the Calder trophy.

If he can get within 10 points of the rookie leading points getter (in 35 fewer games,) sure why not?

Sure it's a stretch, but McD dominated in the win last night vs. the Jackets.  

As I remember, McD was dominating against the Flames in your house early in the season and the Oilers were the better team that night.  Talbot let in a softy at the end.

I don't think many Oilers fans are claiming we are going to make the playoffs.  How about we have a better shot at making the 8th seed with the Golden Child in the lineup and we should know in the next couple weeks if that's even a remote possibility?  That's more of the tone on the OMB.

..and didja catch the game last night.  McD played ok.

If he can get within 10 points of the rookie leading points getter (in 35 fewer games,) sure why not?

Sure it's a stretch, but McD dominated in the win last night vs. the Jackets.  

As I remember, McD was dominating against the Flames in your house early in the season and the Oilers were the better team that night.  Talbot let in a softy at the end.

While McD's goal was superb to watch, which was the result of his "move" at the end, it was against the league's worst team.  The defenseman fell to the ice resulting in the open lane.  He tried the exact same thing against the Flames (when the Flames sucked), and Hiller bit, but still managed to lay his stick down on the ice preventing a goal.  That is what goalies do.  

The good thing is that he was able to do that in his first game back.  If he can play that way against teams like CHI, ANA, LA, SJS, DET, then it's a good sign.  There isn't enough runway for the team to make it into the playoffs.  They have to basically go 22-8-1 over the next 31 games to have a shot.  Not enough home games to line up McDavid or Hall's lines against 4th lines. 

So you are referring to the 3rd man McD beat on that play.  If you slow that down frame by frame, Mcd pulled the puck to the inside and in the course of reacting to that move the D-man was tried to break it up with his skate and did what amounted to a toe pick.  SO you can call that luck or playing against sub-standard competition, but really the quick hands of McD should be credited.  Nevertheless beating 3 guys playing in the NHL should never be discounted no matter what place the team.

And I agree the runway might be too short at this point and his production on the road will be diminished due to line matching.  Hopefully, the Drai/Hall line will be the other edge on the double edged sword.  Time will tell.

So you are referring to the 3rd man McD beat on that play.  If you slow that down frame by frame, Mcd pulled the puck to the inside and in the course of reacting to that move the D-man was tried to break it up with his skate and did what amounted to a toe pick.  SO you can call that luck or playing against sub-standard competition, but really the quick hands of McD should be credited.  Nevertheless beating 3 guys playing in the NHL should never be discounted no matter what place the team.

And I agree the runway might be too short at this point and his production on the road will be diminished due to line matching.  Hopefully, the Drai/Hall line will be the other edge on the double edged sword.  Time will tell.

I give him credit for the play and the finish.  Does the opponent represent the typical NHL quality he would play against?  Not really.

Compare it to the goal that Bennett scored in a similar fashion.  A lot better coverage on Sam.  Not as slick a finish. You only get that type of space that McD had on a clean breakaway or mis-plays.  One player falling and two bumping each other off the play is good and all for the result, but not representative of NHL quality.

Saying that, his speed put him in the situation to exploit a weak defense.  Just don't expect to watch highlight reel every night. Against the Flames in his last appearance, he was a non-factor.  

I give him credit for the play and the finish.  Does the opponent represent the typical NHL quality he would play against?  Not really.

Compare it to the goal that Bennett scored in a similar fashion.  A lot better coverage on Sam.  Not as slick a finish. You only get that type of space that McD had on a clean breakaway or mis-plays.  One player falling and two bumping each other off the play is good and all for the result, but not representative of NHL quality.

Saying that, his speed put him in the situation to exploit a weak defense.  Just don't expect to watch highlight reel every night. Against the Flames in his last appearance, he was a non-factor.  

I said you can discount it all you want...but the rest of the world is raving about that rush and rightly so.  

I agree he was a non-factor at home, which I duly noted at the time.  Be it also should not be forgotten that McD was by far the best player on the ice during his 3 point night  in your house.  The Flames D-men (Wideman in particular) were muttering to themselves on the bench after getting burned by #97 left and right.

And watching every Oilers game (and most Flames games too when they aren't in conflict) I can honestly say, don't be shocked to see highlight reel stuff nearly every game from #97.   Yes, he is that good.  I just hope he doesn't get broken because of the huge bullseye on his back.

I said you can discount it all you want...but the rest of the world is raving about that rush and rightly so.  

I agree he was a non-factor at home, which I duly noted at the time.  Be it also should not be forgotten that McD was by far the best player on the ice during his 3 point night  in your house.  The Flames D-men (Wideman in particular) were muttering to themselves on the bench after getting burned by #97 left and right.

And watching every Oilers game (and most Flames games too when they aren't in conflict) I can honestly say, don't be shocked to see highlight reel stuff nearly every game from #97.   Yes, he is that good.  I just hope he doesn't get broken because of the huge bullseye on his back.

There's quite a bit about October that can be forgotten.  League worst goaltending and defense, no hime wins for the longest start in Flames history.  Should I go on?  

I see that you have bought into the "generational" crud.  Good for you.  If he manages a P/gp for the rest of the season, I will be quite impressed, but not generational impressed.  The hype machine will definitely show us every bowel movement he has for the rest of the season.  Good start to the season after being held off the scoresheets.  Good restart to his season.  Come back when he has more than one good game.  Let's talk after they play the Ducks or LA or SJS.  See how he does against a team that is above the basement, during a playoff push.

One game at a time starting with Ottawa tomorrow. They've lost a ridiculous amount of games by 1 goal this year.Lets see how it plays out.For the remainer of this season,unless something changes, don't be betting against the Oilers on your proline ticket vs any team.There is just wayyyy to much talent on this club to do that.

There is no basis to conclude that McDavid will have highlight reel goals every game. In fact even having a good night in the 1st encounter with Flames(a game Bennett did not play), his performance on the 31st of Oct was subpar and almost worst on the Oilers (when Bennett did play).

25dadc1200b4d9e765eb82a012c639be.jpg

0 points, -2 is hardly a highlight reel performance. Add to that the Flames were in the middle of a defensive nightmare to start to the season keeping your McJesus off the scoring sheets must have been a Miracle??

So you don't believe he's the real deal?  How much have you watched him play, exactly?

I would bet dollars to donuts if he was wearing a big black "C" and a red jersey you would be sold.

And I would probably be the one saying  he's not that great.

But seriously, the rest of the world is saying he's the real deal.   And you know what, he is.

The Oilers really did win the literal and figurative lottery last year.  Not one doubt about it.

There is no basis to conclude that McDavid will have highlight reel goals every game. In fact even having a good night in the 1st encounter with Flames(a game Bennett did not play), his performance on the 31st of Oct was subpar and almost worst on the Oilers (when Bennett did play).

25dadc1200b4d9e765eb82a012c639be.jpg

0 points, -2 is hardly a highlight reel performance. Add to that the Flames were in the middle of a defensive nightmare to start to the season keeping your McJesus off the scoring sheets must have been a Miracle??

wrong game.  I know it's hard but goto the game in Cowtown.   Not only did he tally the points but the 18 year old skated circles around your backend.  Those two things don't always go hand in hand.

I know, I know.  Defensive troubles.  As as Oiler fan, I can relate big time.

*edit*  Oh I see your point.  You are trying to point out that the 18 year old didn't have a highlight reel game in THIS particular game.  If you re-read my comment I said NEARLY every game.   Not even the Great One was great all the time.  So please don't try to make my comment out for more than it was meant to be.  

So you don't believe he's the real deal?  How much have you watched him play, exactly?

I would bet dollars to donuts if he was wearing a big black "C" and a red jersey you would be sold.

And I would probably be the one saying  he's not that great.

But seriously, the rest of the world is saying he's the real deal.   And you know what, he is.

The Oilers really did win the literal and figurative lottery last year.  Not one doubt about it.

wrong game.  I know it's hard but goto the game in Cowtown.   Not only did he tally the points but the 18 year old skated circles around your backend.  Those two things don't always go hand in hand.

I know, I know.  Defensive troubles.  As as Oiler fan, I can relate big time.

*edit*  Oh I see your point.  You are trying to point out that the 18 year old didn't have a highlight reel game in THIS particular game.  If you re-read my comment I said NEARLY every game.   Not even the Great One was great all the time.  So please don't try to make my comment out for more than it was meant to be.  

As many as he has played, which isn't many.  Don't you recall that he has 6 points in two games at opposite ends of his tenure.

First 4 games, -5 and 1 assist.

Next game +2 and 3 points 

Next 6 games +2 and 8 points

Next 2 game -3 and 0 points

Last game +1 and 3 points

Much like Bennett had 6 goals in 3 games, he had a tough stretch after that.  He also isn't sheltered like McJezub is.

Lets take a peek and get caught up on what is happening with our rivals to the north.

Oilers take a 5-1 beat down by the Lowly Habs... I wonder how they respond today??

b341f8dbf158bcab8c7295ce24e19ea2.png

Okay.. nothing to see here..

Not even McJesus can save this team from itself. It's sad when your team has generated a "buzz" just by winning 2 games in a row, things are that bad in Oil country. Another season lost, another top 3 draft pick and 10 yrs since their last meaningful game of hockey. At this point all Oilers fans just need to STFU

Not even McJesus can save this team from itself. It's sad when your team has generated a "buzz" just by winning 2 games in a row, things are that bad in Oil country. Another season lost, another top 3 draft pick and 10 yrs since their last meaningful game of hockey. At this point all Oilers fans just need to STFU

As long as the Oilers don't pick top 3, I am happy with the draft. If EDM get another #1 OA pick... how much does it cost to rent a chopper and 1000 barrels of sludge? Fans across the league could chip in.

As long as the Oilers don't pick top 3, I am happy with the draft. If EDM get another #1 OA pick... how much does it cost to rent a chopper and 1000 barrels of sludge? Fans across the league could chip in.

It's almost a guarantee with the Oil to win the draft, if Drafts came with a cup the Oilers would be an unmatched dynasty. If they win this years draft, I and I'm sure the rest of the league would be livid. Enough is enough, the league almost needs to relegate them to the AHL at this rate. I'm so with u with the sludge and chopper idea...no amount of sludge would be enough for them

It's almost a guarantee with the Oil to win the draft, if Drafts came with a cup the Oilers would be an unmatched dynasty. If they win this years draft, I and I'm sure the rest of the league would be livid. Enough is enough, the league almost needs to relegate them to the AHL at this rate. I'm so with u with the sludge and chopper idea...no amount of sludge would be enough for them

I would say that the NHL would do everything they could to fudge the results if the Oilers somehow had the "balls" to get a top 3 lotto win.  Imagine the outcry and immediate calls for an inquiry/audit if the Oilers won it?

I would say that the NHL would do everything they could to fudge the results if the Oilers somehow had the "balls" to get a top 3 lotto win. Imagine the outcry and immediate calls for an inquiry/audit if the Oilers won it?

It would be an outrage around the league, conspiracy theorists would rejoice! I mean the Avs, Coyotes and Flames have all shown progress by making the playoffs or atleast being competitive...what is wrong with the Oilers?? The league has to be concerned with the stagnation of this team

Archived