Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quit being on a fence and have your own opinion. Cause that's pretty weak. It's like you want to personal attack but then you don't want a warning.

Been around since 2007 and this whole troll thing is always tagged on me no matter what the hell I write so what's the point anymore.

If you can't accept an explanation & appology forget it. An olive branch was extended.

You were well recieved here but if you feel put upon & unwelcome go with it. We'll survive. I for 1 am not going to kiss (.) to get you to stay.

Are you guys that bored to pick on me?

We could state the same? FF was just making a valid point, about your comment, and was really asking you to proceed with caution. You have not been here for awhile, it really is out of context for you to post something like that. I kind of missed your candor on the board when you left. However if your going to start throwing insults about the club be prepared to get some back, really not like you to be so sensitive. Hope everything is OK!

So, you figure that when trade rumors go around the Oilers, the players rumored get a little hopeful that they can get out? I mean, some of them would probably cry tears of joy at escaping Edmonton. Perron with the Pens probably feels like a ransomed captive.

EDM continues to believe they have elite players; Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Yak, Schultz, Klefbom...

That is their first mistake.  Some (not all) are good players now, that may become very good players in the future.

Hall - fast and skilled, but needs to grow up

Eberle - very good player, but floats/cherry picks and is not willing to give/take a hit to make a play

Nuge - probably their best player, but needs to play with vets that play complete games

Yak - slumping, can't decide if he is a good, great, or middling prospect; he needs to develop his game away from the city lights

Schultz - rushed into the NHL based on pedigree; has no defensive instincts

Klefbom - being rushed a bit; he needs to develop away from this losing environment

Whomever they darft in 2015 will be rushed in the same as the rest of the kids.

From http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/02/08/the-latest-edmonton-oilers-seating-options-survey-offers-a-glimpse-into-season-ticket-prices

The latest Edmonton Oilers Seating Options survey offers a glimpse into season ticket prices at Rogers Place  43
BY TREVOR ROBB, EDMONTON SUN

Edmonton Oilers fans may have to pony up even more dough to attend future games at the new Rogers Place in downtown Edmonton, according to a survey sent to season ticket holders.

The Oilers Seating Options surveys describe some of the swanky suites that may be available inside the new $480 million, 819,200 sq. foot downtown arena for the 2016/17 season. Such amenities include a trendy two-level premium sky lounge and nightclub located high above the end of the ice surface which features two-service bars and “extra-roomy” 22” cushioned seats. Following the game, the sky lounge will remain open and morph into a private-post-game nightclub.

In the surveys, emailed to season ticket holders on Friday, Oilers fans are asked to think about the amenities and benefits of each seating option and then rate the prices and rank them from least expensive, inexpensive, expensive, and very expensive.

Different prices were sent out to different season ticket holders.

In one survey, season tickets to the sky lounge are listed at $9,500 per seat, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Located on the suites level, 25 private Theatre Box seats will give Oilers fans the “ultimate in intimate upscale hosting”, the survey says. Each private box includes four leather armchairs and two leather bar stools as well as a dedicated table for six with access to a private lounge. One of the surveys lists the season ticket price at $18,000 per seat.

Loge Ledge and Table seats are starting at $12,500 per seat in a survey sent to one Sun reader. Loge tables include cushioned bar stools with backs and a semi-circular table, while the loge ledge seats include armchairs with a counter-height ledge.

Season tickets inside the two-level sports lounge dubbed, the Goalpost Grill, could set fans back $10,200 per seat.

But it’s up in the upper-levels, the nose-bleeds, where ticket prices appear to have surged the highest.

One Oilers season ticket holder, who emailed the Edmonton Sun, said that in some areas of the survey he received upper level gallery seats, which priced at Rexall Place go for $1,372.05, are priced as high as $3,000 between the face off circles.

“Fans have basically supported an arena that they will be priced out of. When they said it was going to bigger and accommodate more people, they were not referring to the average fan,” read the email. “More options for the rich and no options for the average fan. We will no longer be able to afford to go see one of the worst teams in the NHL. That may not be such a bad thing.”

In David's survey, lower bowl seats in the corners and ends are priced at $4,900, which is on par with the current price of Executive Seats at Rexall Place, which go for $4,905.45 per seat.

trevor.robb@sunmedia.ca

From http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/02/08/the-latest-edmonton-oilers-seating-options-survey-offers-a-glimpse-into-season-ticket-prices

The latest Edmonton Oilers Seating Options survey offers a glimpse into season ticket prices at Rogers Place  43

BY TREVOR ROBB, EDMONTON SUN

Edmonton Oilers fans may have to pony up even more dough to attend future games at the new Rogers Place in downtown Edmonton, according to a survey sent to season ticket holders.

The Oilers Seating Options surveys describe some of the swanky suites that may be available inside the new $480 million, 819,200 sq. foot downtown arena for the 2016/17 season. Such amenities include a trendy two-level premium sky lounge and nightclub located high above the end of the ice surface which features two-service bars and “extra-roomy” 22” cushioned seats. Following the game, the sky lounge will remain open and morph into a private-post-game nightclub.

In the surveys, emailed to season ticket holders on Friday, Oilers fans are asked to think about the amenities and benefits of each seating option and then rate the prices and rank them from least expensive, inexpensive, expensive, and very expensive.

Different prices were sent out to different season ticket holders.

In one survey, season tickets to the sky lounge are listed at $9,500 per seat, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Located on the suites level, 25 private Theatre Box seats will give Oilers fans the “ultimate in intimate upscale hosting”, the survey says. Each private box includes four leather armchairs and two leather bar stools as well as a dedicated table for six with access to a private lounge. One of the surveys lists the season ticket price at $18,000 per seat.

Loge Ledge and Table seats are starting at $12,500 per seat in a survey sent to one Sun reader. Loge tables include cushioned bar stools with backs and a semi-circular table, while the loge ledge seats include armchairs with a counter-height ledge.

Season tickets inside the two-level sports lounge dubbed, the Goalpost Grill, could set fans back $10,200 per seat.

But it’s up in the upper-levels, the nose-bleeds, where ticket prices appear to have surged the highest.

One Oilers season ticket holder, who emailed the Edmonton Sun, said that in some areas of the survey he received upper level gallery seats, which priced at Rexall Place go for $1,372.05, are priced as high as $3,000 between the face off circles.

“Fans have basically supported an arena that they will be priced out of. When they said it was going to bigger and accommodate more people, they were not referring to the average fan,” read the email. “More options for the rich and no options for the average fan. We will no longer be able to afford to go see one of the worst teams in the NHL. That may not be such a bad thing.”

In David's survey, lower bowl seats in the corners and ends are priced at $4,900, which is on par with the current price of Executive Seats at Rexall Place, which go for $4,905.45 per seat.

trevor.robb@sunmedia.ca

Ka-ching!

You would think with price increases like that it would look like Glendale but they will still pack it every night to watch an AHL team play lol 

Katz is a businessman, as long as his product is making money he will not stop doing what he's doing right now. In order to be heard he needs to take a hit to his bottom line.

I went on the Oiler's boards today, and I saw a lot of statements from their fans. All the statement's where negative, and it seems as if their fan base has lost the will to support their club as long as the management stays the same. The common statements made concerned the decreasing performance of all their players, and the fear that players like Hall, and RNH will end up being ruined within the next 3 years. How the mighty have fallen.  

I watched that hit over and over and over last night.... 

I was so fascinated by how floppy Gazdic's body was... definition of getting rag rolled right there...  The amount of force Byfuglien  perfectly leverages into him, the way Gazdic just bounced off him like a you see when a fat kid and and skinny kid run into a large bouncy ball together, the way his head just folded under him along the boards... everything about it was just so damn... violent.

That youtube doesn't do it justice either... its amazing in high def on a big screen...  Physics at its finest..

I watched that hit over and over and over last night.... 

I was so fascinated by how floppy Gazdic's body was... definition of getting rag rolled right there...  The amount of force Byfuglien  perfectly leverages into him, the way Gazdic just bounced off him like a you see when a fat kid and and skinny kid run into a large bouncy ball together, the way his head just folded under him along the boards... everything about it was just so damn... violent.

That youtube doesn't do it justice either... its amazing in high def on a big screen...  Physics at its finest..

That is not a hit I wish upon an enemy. The intent was fine, but the end result is tragic. His neck came close to being broken when he hit the boards.

I guess that kind of shows why "enforcers" like Gazdic don't belong in the game. They don't have the hockey sense to be aware that someone may try to stop you on the forecheck. They dish out a lot of hurt, so they be targeted more than a pure skill guy. They are also usually targeted by the meanest SOB on the other team.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy good checks. I liked to watch Big Ern tangle with the best. But I don't want to see a hockey player injured for life. Too many sad stories about former players battling barin trauma and depression.

Earlier in the game Gazdic had a set-to with Petuso I carded as a draw. 2 big fellows in their own right.

On this hit Buff smoked him cleanly but the way Gazdik slid into the boards was scary.

Extent of injuries not yet announced but Perreault & Stafford didn't finish the game for the Jets. Jets had 0 extra forwards on the roster but 3 extra D. Chevy was already looking for another forward but if either will be out longish term it adds to the need. @ least the Jets are flush with the scarce right handed D so have lots of currency.

For Edmonton Gazdik injury is unknown & when Fasth went down after Wheeler's shootout goal I thought groin pull (Oiler brass says knee). If bad Fasth joins Scrivers on IR. To teams that want wins having both your goalies hurt would be devasting but for the Oilers it's a + for the MacDavid/Eichel lottery.

That is not a hit I wish upon an enemy. The intent was fine, but the end result is tragic. His neck came close to being broken when he hit the boards.

I guess that kind of shows why "enforcers" like Gazdic don't belong in the game. They don't have the hockey sense to be aware that someone may try to stop you on the forecheck. They dish out a lot of hurt, so they be targeted more than a pure skill guy. They are also usually targeted by the meanest SOB on the other team.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy good checks. I liked to watch Big Ern tangle with the best. But I don't want to see a hockey player injured for life. Too many sad stories about former players battling barin trauma and depression.

That's the risk you take in sports. Life itself isn't risk free. I don't want to see people hurt either, but it happens sometimes. I took a shoulder to the head in soccer (accidental from my teammate) personally (I was fine). The way his head and neck made contact with the boards was nasty.

I wonder sometimes about the Oilers medical staff. It seems their most important players always seem to get hurt right around the time they need to hit that higher tanking gear. Next thing we hear is Ebs finally getting that pinky finger surgery that has bugged him since his junior days.

To late in the year now. Surgery will only dampen his golf game. He will wait till the season starts next year before surgery takes place.

I see no issue with the hit, I would have a issue if Buff takes a run at a smaller player but Gazdic is of similar size. Hockey sense nothing it was a bad pass. Your statement of hockey sense is incorrect, that would similar as saying Lindros and Karyia have no hockey sense when the got rocked. Our Taves when he got leveled by a Van player a few years back. Bad passes can lead to bad results.

I agree the hit was violent and I bet if you asked Buff he would have never guess the result would have looked like that. Never want to see players injured, but it is a collision sport and you take the risk every time you go on the ice. 

These are the hits we want more of and wish upon all our enemies because of intent and point of contact.

The end result is what we don't wish upon our enemies but that's not the hit's problem.

We need more of these kind of hits in the game.  Shoulder-to-shoulder and shoulder-to-chest.  The guy does a windmill and goes airborne.

Archived