Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolz Carty....

I dunno...I really think they might be gunning for him.   Could an organization really be this bad without doing it on purpose?

And......would McDavid go there?   At some point the Oilers are going to have trouble signing their first overalls.

lolz Carty....

I dunno...I really think they might be gunning for him.   Could an organization really be this bad without doing it on purpose?

And......would McDavid go there?   At some point the Oilers are going to have trouble signing their first overalls.

I dunno about that.  If you can get a $6m x 6 year conttract for potential, you would think everyone would want to sign. :D  

I dunno about that.  If you can get a $6m x 6 year conttract for potential, you would think everyone would want to sign. :D  

Hmm... How often can such a contract be awarded, before cap hell strikes back? Maybe two more 1st overall... :ph34r:

I think 2 - 3 years from now that 6 for 6 contract for Hall will be considered a bargain. If hopkins matures that 6 for 6 will also be a bargain. Heck Cammi got 5 for 5. I would gladly take either of them for the extra mil and year.

Well Cammi got paid as a UFA for results achieved and playoff abilities.  The term is a bit much at this stage in his career.

RNH, Hall and Eberle will all be 28 when their deals expire; at the peak of their careers, most likely.  They won't get "bargain" contracts if they live up to the hype.  Right now they are being paid like rock stars, but are really just Tommy Tutone; one hit wonders.

Well Cammi got paid as a UFA for results achieved and playoff abilities.  The term is a bit much at this stage in his career.

RNH, Hall and Eberle will all be 28 when their deals expire; at the peak of their careers, most likely.  They won't get "bargain" contracts if they live up to the hype.  Right now they are being paid like rock stars, but are really just Tommy Tutone; one hit wonders.

Will they be asking for $8,675,309 a season on their next contracts?...   :ph34r:

Will they be asking for $8,675,309 a season on their next contracts?...   :ph34r:

See, I was gonna suggest that, but wasn't sure how many of us 80's kids there were on here that would get the reference.

See, I was gonna suggest that, but wasn't sure how many of us 80's kids there were on here that would get the reference.

Typically, I am still more of a 70's guy...   Let me put it this way...   I just got back from picking a few things up from Wally World, stopped by the electronics department for a quick look and ended up adding a Lynyrd Skynyrd dvd to the basket...   Got it up on the big screen with 5 channel surround sound in the man cave right now...   Good to be back at home Sweet Home Alabama...   Now who emptied this beer fridge?...   :ph34r:

Look, I may be a Simple Man, but I know something about the '80s.

When Jenny's Tainted Love, I call My Girl and say, Come On Eileen, and she says Turn Up the Radio. So I think, Ah! Leah! I've had the Time of My Life, maybe we could ride in Cars or Chariots of Fire to Funkytown in Africa where Beds are Burning. Then I just Relax, it's a Big Country, and all just Fantasy.

Love.

Look, I may be a Simple Man, but I know something about the '80s.

When Jenny's Tainted Love, I call My Girl and say, Come On Eileen, and she says Turn Up the Radio. So I think, Ah! Leah! I've had the Time of My Life, maybe we could ride in Cars or Chariots of Fire to Funkytown in Africa where Beds are Burning. Then I just Relax, it's a Big Country, and all just Fantasy.

Love.

Expect Dirty Deeds to pipe in with a comment; he does deeds dirt cheap.

Expect Dirty Deeds to pipe in with a comment; he does deeds dirt cheap.

My wife was the daughter of a Mennonite preacher (now retired), and she used to hide that album in the cover of a more "acceptable" vinyl disc...   :lol:

That one was from 1976...   So I'm guessing that Deeds is a renaissance man of music from earlier days than the 80's as well...   Guess we'll have to wait and see what he say's...

Actually, Carty, although the album was recorded and originally issued in Australia in 1976, it didn't get a North American release until 1981. It featured new artwork, and a slightly different track listing.

Just sayin'.

Love.

Good catch...   Dang, I forgot about that, but you are absolutely correct as I just equate certain music with a given period of time the same as a lot of people...   I had ordered a couple of copies through connections from Albert Music in the Land of Oz long before the North American releases came out...   My wife say's that I gave her one in 1980 (before we were married) about a year before you could buy them here...   :)

Looking through my digital collection (all the original vinyl LP's burned along with the rest of the house 3 years ago), I have a number of originals and remasters from Albert that I still think the production is better on than the domestic versions in a number of instances as it wasn't the same mix...

That 1 went right over my head.

Good choice on Skynyrd .

It's ok. I'm an 80's kid and missed it.  I was more into the metal than radio junk.  :P

(Maiden rocks)

Ps. Carty.....I hate that song. :D

It's ok. I'm an 80's kid and missed it.  I was more into the metal than radio junk.  :P

(Maiden rocks)

You gotta get you some [sic] Maiden "Trooper" beers with a pic of Eddie and the flag on the label then...   As far as I know, it's a limited production craft beer    It's a hand crafted British beer from Robinsons brewery...   I recently found 5 in Calgary after a lot of looking, my son got 2 of them, and I gave the neighbor across the street one as he is a huge Maiden fan...   It's also very tasty...  

Ps. Carty.....I hate that song. :D

I hear ya, but if you drink enough "Eddie" beers, you will be singing along shouting that phone number out loud too...   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived