Louis23

Have the Hawks just done the Oil a favor?...

Jason LaBarbera to the Hawks for future considerations...   http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695925

So aside from losing a goaltender that had lost favor in Oilville, it also frees up a contract...

I think it was more that they lost both Crawford and Khabibulin to injury, Chicago had to get a goaltender and fast.  Edmonton unloaded a contract so it helped both sides.  That freed up contract though won't do any good unless something gets done to fill it.  There's a ton of work to do in Edmonton.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, where are all the Oiler fans?

The Flames have gone 2-7-1 in their last 10 games and the Oilers STILL have not passed the Flames in the standings.  How can the Oilers be SO bad?  I'm so dissappointed in them.

Seriously! But the Oilers have bigger worries right now which of Gagner/Hemsky/Smyth or the rest of the elbowingty D they have are going to get traded to get Shea Weber and Patrick Kane. (/end sarcasm)

The Flames have gone 2-7-1 in their last 10 games and the Oilers STILL have not passed the Flames in the standings.  How can the Oilers be SO bad?  I'm so dissappointed in them.

Oh don't worry they will come out of the woodwork once they jump us, not to mention we have games in hand though. Doesn't matter anyway, we ll probably see the playoffs before they do again and be more competitive.

Disappointed the Oilers haven't passed us in the standings?

That's real team spirit. :lol:

Or should that be :blush:

Disappointed the Oilers haven't passed us in the standings?

That's real team spirit. :lol:

Or should that be :blush:

Something that should be expected from a guy who cheers for us to tank :mad:

I am a bit torn. I understand that one of the major problems up there in Oiler land is KLowe. Torn because "do I really want him replaced?"

It seems this thing is bigger than we thought.  The Facebook page is growing by about 1-2k likes per day. 

The fan frustration bombs are going off in Edmonton.  The owner of the FB page has made bumper stickers that are for sale, as you can see in the above picture.  He was with friends and supporters of the cause at an Oilers game in the parking lot, and security approached them and told them to leave the grounds.  The page owner and the group left, and he eventually came back to collect his car, was approached by security again, and was issued a 1 year ban from the grounds in the form of an official ticket.  Great job Oilers org....

The FB page owner has been calling around to find bars and pubs to sell these bumper stickers, and a few establishments have allowed him and others to sell them. However, one establishment booted him after the owner, who was located in Phoenix Arizona, received a call from the Oilers PR department requesting that the guy be banned from the establishment and to put a stop to the bumper sticker peddling.  The owner of the page was a guest on a blogger radio show explaining a few things that have happened over the last couple days, and just how much pull the Oilers org has with the local businesses.

The bumper stickers are going for $5, the proceeds going to erect a billboard somewhere in Edmonton.  He's gone through 3 companies that have fallen through due to their perceived issues with legalities on the subject matter, the name, and the face of the person involved.  aka Kevin Lowe and his attachment to the Oilers org.  Once the FB page owner receives enough money for the billboard, and a company that will actually make it, the rest of the money is being donated to charity, one of which he chose, but was told they won't accept funds from the FB page because of their affiliation with the Oilers org.

Not only is there dissension amongst the Oilers fans and the Oilers org, but also the Oilers org not allowing fans to voice their opinions and taking every opportunity to block their freedom of speech is making them even more angry, even if they are mostly tier 2 fans.....you know.....because tier 1 fans are more important as they are the ones that pay to go to the games...

...and yes, the Oilers fans are referring to themselves now as Tier 1 and Tier 2 at this point in time. 

Personally, I support the FB guy and I feel for most their fans.  Their fans deserve better, and it's an absolute circus up north.  But it doesn't mean we Calgary fans can't sit back, put our feet up, and enjoy a cold one while the drama continues to unfold.  :)

Oh, and before I forget, here's another tidbit for you all to enjoy.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/09/edmonton-oilers-gm-craig-mactavish-gets-into-shouting-match-with-fan-insists-success-is-coming

Archived