Like a Howse on Fire

keep in mind Howse is also learning to be more than a scorer and he is no more offensively gifted than Nemisz who in his 2nd pro season has developed into one of the leaders on the Heat and Nemisz finished with just under half a point per game as an AHL rookie.

Also don't forget the Heat are not an offensive club, they are last in goals in the AHL (even with a 6 goal outburst this afternoon). S0 I wouldn't expect much in the way of points because the team leaders are putting up no more than .5 to .75 points per game (except Kolanos). SO a 5 in 9 stretch IMO is actually pretty damn good.

Good point Ring, I was overvaluing his potential and overshadowing the team. But whats good is he is on a roll again, and I forgot all about Nemo. This camp in September will be a good one to watch, we finally have some youth starting to emerge and really make some runs onto the roster. With steady movements like this can really transition our team to be competitive for years.

One point you brought up is the coaching style of the heat and how similar the stat totals are to the flames. I wish i could catch more of the heats games to see if the coaching style is similar to b.sutter's and if there was a coaching change in the flames future would the heat then benefit or suffer from keeping theirs as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats true Ring, but at the same token Howse's potential is pretty high and the numbers are good but not GREAT. I wouldnt mind seeing him develop a little more, UNLESS and this is a big unless, we change our 3rd line duties for next season and have a youth line as our 3rd. Horak centre with Howse and sven as wingers.

edit: and when i say change the duties this would be a non checking line and more of a scoring line. :)

i think there are way more deserving players. i wouldnt mind nemisz instead of howse. and more an energy line which hopefully with sven can put up some points imo. i like your idea though

• 6 months later...

I was a little surprised to see Ryan Howse in the ECHL...

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/?article_id=154

I'm assuming he'll get called up if the lockout ends, but this sends a clear message that he is not seen as one of their top prospects. I would say that I was "very" surprised, but...I honestly see him as being either a very good minor-leager or an NHL journeyman. In order to become an NHL journeyman, he may have to improve his work ethic (not that mine's any better...just sayin)

I was a little surprised to see Ryan Howse in the ECHL...

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/?article_id=154

I'm assuming he'll get called up if the lockout ends, but this sends a clear message that he is not seen as one of their top prospects. I would say that I was "very" surprised, but...I honestly see him as being either a very good minor-leager or an NHL journeyman. In order to become an NHL journeyman, he may have to improve his work ethic (not that mine's any better...just sayin)

I think it just speaks to the fact that players like Howse and Wahl need top 6 time and with the lockout they aren't going to get it on the Heat. I also think both of them could use a confidence boost and playing in the ECHL will hopefully get them that.

I think it just speaks to the fact that players like Howse and Wahl need top 6 time and with the lockout they aren't going to get it on the Heat. I also think both of them could use a confidence boost and playing in the ECHL will hopefully get them that.

I can relate to needing top 6 time, that's why I always stick to beer leagues where everyone is 20 years older than me :)

They get harder to find every year

Archived