Like a Howse on Fire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread should be in "Abbotsford Heat and Calgary Hitmen" prospect folder.

Ryan Howse (2009 Draft - 74) now has 8 G in 5 Games.

Don't forget Max Reinhart (2010 Draft - 64); he has 5 G in 5 Games now with the Kootenay Ice

I considered it, but since he doesn't play for the Heat or the Hitmen, but is a Flames prospect, I thought it fit here better. However whatever the mods feel is appropriate is fine by me.

Thanks for the information on Reinhart. I hadn't checked his stats yet.

I listen to every Chilliwack game since we drafted Howse. He is hands down my Favorite prospect. Extremely under-rated. And I firmly believe if he played on a better team, he would have been a first rounder.

This year he is finaly getting some support from his team. His Linemate Roman Horak has also been on a tear scoring 11 points in 4 games. It wouldnt be to any suprise to me if they finished 1 and 2 in scoring in the WHL, beating out the likes of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

And Im also expecting Howse to lead the WHL in goal scoring, possibly even the CHL, with upwards of 55 goals.

I said going into the draft that if Howse was 2 inchs taller and on a better team he is a first rounder, no question. Flames were lucky to get him in the 3rd round.

going into the season i was looking for 50 goals out of Howse and a spot on the World Junior team. I thought last year he was a possibility and given how many of their top goal scorers on last year's team are in the NHL, I would be shocked if Howse was not on the team this year.

I agree FlamcingC Howse is very underrated and has been one of my favorite prospect since we drafted him.

I listen to every Chilliwack game since we drafted Howse. He is hands down my Favorite prospect. Extremely under-rated. And I firmly believe if he played on a better team, he would have been a first rounder.

This year he is finaly getting some support from his team. His Linemate Roman Horak has also been on a tear scoring 11 points in 4 games. It wouldnt be to any suprise to me if they finished 1 and 2 in scoring in the WHL, beating out the likes of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

And Im also expecting Howse to lead the WHL in goal scoring, possibly even the CHL, with upwards of 55 goals.

I wonder if he is underrated ot just semi-unknown being buried out here in the Valley. At any rate I do you know the status of Sundher?

[quote name='FCF wrote:

FlamingC2009']I listen to every Chilliwack game since we drafted Howse. He is hands down my Favorite prospect.
Extremely under-rated
. And I firmly believe if he played on a better team, he would have been a first rounder.

I wonder if he is underrated ot just semi-unknown being buried out here in the Valley. At any rate I do you know the status of Sundher?

Im not sure if your asking about injuries or what team he is connected to so Ill say both.

As far as I know he is playing, and he is apart of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

Three goals in under a minute against Vancouver this weekened.

http://chilliwackbruins.com/article/bruins-double-giants-6-3

@FlamingC2009

"Im not sure if your asking about injuries or what team he is connected to so Ill say both."

I was asking about injuries. Hhe got hurt in the third game(I think) and missed a couple of games, and is not playing well.

• 3 months later...

Ryan Howse 2 clutch goals to help Chilliwack Bruins hand Kelowna Rockets their first loss in extra time this season.

What do the people of this board think it would take Calgary to pry prospect Kevin Sundher from the Buffalo Sabres?

Howse and Sundher seem to be providing great leadership and have great on ice chemistry in Chilliwack. Why not try to snag him from Sabres and let them keep developing their game together in Abbotsford..

Sundher hasn't even cracked the Sabres top 20 prospects..Flames wouldn't have to give up much.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/kevin_sundher

Ryan Howse 2 clutch goals to help Chilliwack Bruins hand Kelowna Rockets their first loss in extra time this season.

What do the people of this board think it would take Calgary to pry prospect Kevin Sundher from the Buffalo Sabres?

Howse and Sundher seem to be providing great leadership and have great on ice chemistry in Chilliwack. Why not try to snag him from Sabres and let them keep developing their game together in Abbotsford..

Sundher hasn't even cracked the Sabres top 20 prospects..Flames wouldn't have to give up much.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/kevin_sundher

Ya I watched the game on Shaw TV. Ryan's first goal was pretty gritty, dowl low jamming away on his own rebound. But his second one was an absolute Snipe from in tight, right circle, over the goalies shoulder, crossbar and in. He also absolutely LAID out Tyson Barrie. Ive been seeing him play with alot more sand-paper this season. Maybe its just his size against the WHL's, but he just runs at anyone. He's quite misleading being on the smaller size hight wise, at 5'11. But he's got a nice 190 Pound frame on it, and is very fast.

But on the quoted part ^^ its an interesting idea. Sundher is all hands and speed. However they havent played together for much of the season. Howse ussually plays with the 2 Czecks, Roman Horak, and Robin Sudek. (Didnt check those names for spelling, I only know the pronunciation.)

But I agree, it wouldnt take much I dont think.

Ya I watched the game on Shaw TV. Ryan's first goal was pretty gritty, dowl low jamming away on his own rebound. But his second one was an absolute Snipe from in tight, right circle, over the goalies shoulder, crossbar and in. He also absolutely LAID out Tyson Barrie. Ive been seeing him play with alot more sand-paper this season. Maybe its just his size against the WHL's, but he just runs at anyone. He's quite misleading being on the smaller size hight wise, at 5'11. But he's got a nice 190 Pound frame on it, and is very fast.

But on the quoted part ^^ its an interesting idea. Sundher is all hands and speed. However they havent played together for much of the season. Howse ussually plays with the 2 Czecks, Roman Horak, and Robin Sudek. (Didnt check those names for spelling, I only know the pronunciation.)

But I agree, it wouldnt take much I dont think.

It was the first time I have seen Howse play a full game and I was really impressed with him. Kid really has some potential and plays with an edge. I'm not sure who is usual linemates are but their was some chemistry between him and Sundher that night.

The thought just randomly popped into my head, cause I remember during the WHL draft, Sundher went later than he should have cause he stated he wanted to play close to his home in Surrey, BC. Abbotsford is even closer to his home than Chilliwack would be and hin and Howse can develop their game in an already comfortable environment.

Sabres don't seem to have high hopes for the kid, so it seems relatively simple to snag him. I guess we'll see if Flames management notices this also.

• 2 weeks later...

Howse with another 2 goals the other night. He is only 1 behind the WHL leader Tyler Johnson, with a game in hand. (He is also a year younger than Tyler.)

His goal totals are now 45 in 57. His previous season he finished with 47 in 72. I think its safe to asume he will break that. In addition, he is pushing the goal scoring lead in the CHL. Tyler Toffoli in the OHL is leading with 49.

I hope he gets it. He has been on FIRE of late. He has at least 1 point in every game this month I believe.

Howse is on pace for 56 goals, but with his current pace, he has the potential to hit 60.

Certainly looking good down the road for the Flames...

I though this was interesting in regards to his current pace. He seems to be a bit streaky. (Where have we head that before haha.)

He currently is riding and 8 game point streak (Tied for best in WHL overall), That has seen his score 12 goals, and 15 points. (Highest scoring streak in WHL overall)

The other thing that was interesting was in the top 15 streaks this season, Howse hold 3 of the spots. (GP:5 G:7 A:2) (GP:7 G:8 A:4)

And he just keeps producing! He scored 2 goals and 1 assist against Vancouver yesterday, so he now is tied with Tyler Johnson for the league lead with 46 goals (doing that in 3 games less than Johnson). He is just one goal shy of last year's effort, and his 74 points are already a career high.

I'm so looking forward to see him in Abbotsford in the fall!

After going scoreless for four games, he scored a goal and added two assists in a 4-1 win against Kamloops yesterday. Howse now has 47 goals (as last year) and 30 assists for 77 points in 63 games.

Although those numbers are impressing, his +/- is horrifying. He has a team-worst -23, defenseman Tyler Stahl is second with -16. Sure, Chilliwack isn't a very good team, but as a comparison, 16-year old forward Brandon Magee sits at +14.

Patrick Holland also has a good season, 20 goals and 36 assists in 62 games is not bad for a second-year player who was just drafted in the 7th round. He has a lot more points (56) than Howse had in his second season (44), so I guess he could become an interesting prospect down the road.

And Max Reinhart steadily improves, he is not far behind Howse point-wise (he has 31 goals and 41 assists in 66 games for Kootenay). And you can also consider that Reinhart has another year of junior hockey ahead of him while Howse's junior career ends this spring ...

I guess these three are not the next NHL heroes, but given our small prospect stack, those three are the most intriguing offensive prospects we have outside of the AHL.

In all fariness altemo, Chilliwack is a very good 5-on-4 team. Howse plays a significant amount of PP time, and Chilliwack is one of the worst even-strength teams in WHL. Magee is playing bottom six minutes in Chilliwack, so he is seeing very little powerplay time and not playing against the top players in the WHL.

I didn't check that, thanks for the info.

he isnt really minus23 its more like minus 15 ive followed all year and the whl website isnt very accurate last nite he was on for 3 points for 1 against and they marked as minus 2 for the game this happened at least 4 or 5 times this year so ive not paid too much attention to this stat.

Archived