Abbotsford Heat

Any word on the Logo yet ? Whats the hold up any new info. ?

Apparantly there was a claim of copyright infringment with the new logo. It resembled another one too closely.

Which makes me believe it is not going to be a Flaming A as I dont' think the Flames would have a problem getting the rights to that.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice paint skills ;)

It was actually my first atempt at anything, I was learning as I went.

how do these grab you? :D

one with Abbotsford name on it

abbotsford-heat-logo.gif

the other without the Abbotsford name on it

version-2-abbotsford-heat-l.gif

Not bad, maybe a little too much going on in the background, even though they all have something to do with Abbotsford. Maybe something to do with a flaming A coming out the back of a fighter jet?

I like the Wild logo for the reason that they have a lot going on as well, it's just not obvious until you look for it.

They should have named the team the Abbotsford Thunderbirds. The thunderbird is an icon for the local Native Americans and the symbol is a very cool red and gold - it's part of the city flag!!!!!

The Heat is just lame - what are they going to use as their logo - a flaming "H"...that could be taken a different way. LOL

It can't be any worse than what Quad City did - how unimaginative to do a flaming QC...they didn't even stylize it.

Just another on the long list of reasons why nobody wants to live in Campbell River...

Ouch. Burn.

So there, my house in Campbell River will not make it any easier for me to go see the Baby Flames. Ah well. I guess if I made a weekend trip out to Abbostford and caught a couple of home games would be worth it.

I cant freakin wait, I am born and raise in vancouver, and have always loved the flames since being a little kid, so having the Abbostsford Heat only a hour drive from me, helps me keep the passion going for the Flames organization, I just hope their isnt alot of stupid Canuck fans ruin the fun for people who want to support the Flames based AHL team. I also hope the Heat destroy the Mannitoba Moose every time they play each other, just to shut the stupid Canuck fans from BC up.

They are paying a lot of homage to the flames jersey in the design, and placing the BC flag on the shoulder creates ownership between the fans and the franchise, so that's a very smart move. The logo is pretty lame, its just words... but the overall design isn't outlandish or abrasive, so it passes.

Love the jerseys.

On a different note; With Playfair being the Head Coach what would your opinion be if the Flames were to go out and hire Warrener as an assistant? Personally I think he would be a good fit.

I'd love it if Warrener was put on the Abbotsford Roster as Captian, bring in some leadership. A.K.A...What I do on NHL 09.xD.

Archived