Abbotsford Heat

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbotsford has always been known for it's, Airshow and has had many teams named

Pilots or Flyers.

So in keeping with the plane scene, i think they should have a logo in a similar vien

to the one worn by the Winsor Spitfire.

Looks sharp and would suit the name and the towns reputation.

Just my opinion.

Put me in the "Like It" category. It's subtle enough to have it's own identity, but also enough to show that they are affiliated with the Flames. I too was surprised that so many people here hated it. Oh well, too bad for you!

I was also surprised that people hate it, but then i thought about it, the jersey symbol does not have many options and it kind of sounds retarded. I don't mind heat but Storm would of been a bit better considering that there are a lot of storms in Abbotsford and ice hawks wouldn't of been a bad choice because its simple.

I know people around hear are not going to like this, Ive cheered for the flames for my entire 25 year life and i must say, we are at least top five in the league for worst team names "FLAMES" is a terrible name, it makes NO sense. Ill even go as far as saying we are by far the worst out of all the Canadian teams that have ever existed.

1 wild

2 predators

3 thrashers

4 ducks

5 flames

Penguins, blue jackets are pretty stupid names too

Obviously you have no regard for history, or in your 25 years of cheering for this team you would have learned that "Flames" came from Atlanta, and is in reference to the burning of said city during the American Civil War.

Blue Jackets also refers to the Civil War.

It's all about giving your local team a local identity. Although we kept the name from Atlanta, I couldn't think of another name that would fit us.

That being said, the team name doesn't really reflect the Abbotsford area as much as some people were hoping it would.

Obviously you have no regard for history, or in your 25 years of cheering for this team you would have learned that "Flames" came from Atlanta, and is in reference to the burning of said city during the American Civil War.

Blue Jackets also refers to the Civil War.

It's all about giving your local team a local identity. Although we kept the name from Atlanta, I couldn't think of another name that would fit us.

That being said, the team name doesn't really reflect the Abbotsford area as much as some people were hoping it would.

Ya I know why the ATLANTA Flames were called the "Atlanta Flames" I also know why the jets were not called the Phoenix jets and why the Carolina Hurricanes are not called the whalers, it makes no sense and it sounds dumb. I also know that Blue Jacket was a war lord for a tribe in the Ohio area but he was dead long before the civil war, so good try.. Either way Blue jackets is a bad name, i don't see you being like oh there's a lot of nice forestry and wild life in Minnesota so that's a good name. I'm not about to start naming possible names but I like to think our City is pretty unique, were in the middle of a province full of Oil, we have mountains, hills, forestry and the Stampede. It would not be to hard to come up with a creative name, but apparently the franchise has a hard time with that. On the plus side we have a great jersey and symbol.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also put me in the category for people liking the name. I think its a great choice. People will get over it. Its only a name.

I'll have to make a trip or two to Abbotsford this year to see the Heat play.

Go Heat!!

You can also put me in the category for people liking the name. I think its a great choice. People will get over it. Its only a name.

I'll have to make a trip or two to Abbotsford this year to see the Heat play.

Go Heat!!

Don't you think they's use the old Atlanta flames logo on there? flaming "A" for abbotsford?

Archived