New Qc Flames Discussion Thread

You can keep Boyd. He didnt do much down here. I wish I could of seen Taratukhin but oh well. I would like to see Nystrom back though. that dont look likes its going to happen soon. Kolanos would be leading the team if he was here from the start of the season.

We called up Cracknell from the echl and he only played 3-4 games with a goal and the team looked sparked and good on the offense side. now hes gone. I would rather have Cracknell than Sutter Maki Chucko Boyd. Boyd seemed not to play with any heart while in the ahl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a loss to Milwaukee on Friday and another win over Iowa on Saturday, the Flames took 2 out of 3 home games over the past four days. They are certainly faring better on home ice when compared to October and early November. Kevin Lalande has played very well between the pipes during his last two outings, stopping 47 of 48 shots. Keetley has struggled lately and I have to wonder if he'll be the one sent down to Vegas once Krahn returns to the lineup.

QC has won 5 of its last 8 games, surpassing the .500 mark sooner than I thought they could. Offense (or the lack of it) continues to be a problem, but if Lalande keeps up his solid play and Krahn gets cleared to rejoin the team, we just might be able to keep winning those tight, low-scoring contests. The biggest challenge facing this team right now is off the ice. Attendance has not picked up and the local ownership group seems clueless in marketing their product.

You can keep Boyd. He didnt do much down here. I wish I could of seen Taratukhin but oh well. I would like to see Nystrom back though. that dont look likes its going to happen soon. Kolanos would be leading the team if he was here from the start of the season.

We called up Cracknell from the echl and he only played 3-4 games with a goal and the team looked sparked and good on the offense side. now hes gone. I would rather have Cracknell than Sutter Maki Chucko Boyd. Boyd seemed not to play with any heart while in the ahl

Ok. We'll keep Boyd. Sounds like he's doing alot better up here then in Quad City because the games Ive seen him play here..he's playing with alot of heart,gritt, and creating lots of chances. His points will come.

• 3 weeks later...
There's gonna be a back log in the crease. What are your thoughts on which goalies are gonna stay in the AHL.

I think Keetley or McE are gonna be traded. Krahn has no trade value and both Keetley and McE are too good to be playing in the East Coast league!

Problem is McE is in a contract year. So his value isnt that great either.

There's gonna be a back log in the crease. What are your thoughts on which goalies are gonna stay in the AHL.

I think Keetley or McE are gonna be traded. Krahn has no trade value and both Keetley and McE are too good to be playing in the East Coast league!

all they have to do is put a a goalie on loan

Well with McE and Krahn dressing tonight it looks like Keetley is the odd man out.......Im guessing he will be traded sooner then later.....What a shame!

One (or both) of McE and Krahn are Group VI UFA after this season anyways (barring a catastrophe)

Keetley is the only one who remains under contract, he's not going anywhere for now.

Where's he gonna play then? Cant see him playing in the ECHL if hes sticking around. And thats why the Joseph pick-up was a bad move in my mind!

Does it matter? :huh:

He's still under contract next year. The Flames will find somewhere for him to play. If it's the ECHL, it's the ECHL. Might be whatever goalie isn't in the Flames long term plans goes to the ECHL, not just Keets.

Does it matter? :huh:

He's still under contract next year. The Flames will find somewhere for him to play. If it's the ECHL, it's the ECHL. Might be whatever goalie isn't in the Flames long term plans goes to the ECHL, not just Keets.

Guess not! But whoever goes to the ECHL will be gone. All three goalies are too good to be playing in the ECHL.

Let me tell you, Grant Stevenson is a player that doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is 6th overall in all of the AHL in scoring and on a team that needs it. I would really like to see him get the chance, but hey, you guys already have Boyd and Nystrom...LOL>>>> I am all for the players getting that shot to move up....It's why they are here....

Archived