New Qc Flames Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a new board the other one is getting crowded with the pr from moving from omaha...

Go Flames Go!!

The Flames were definitely "going" tonight in Des Moines!!! They blanked Iowa 6-0 and looked solid all 60 minutes. It's great they picked up a big road win like this, and certainly shows how far QC has progressed in just a few short weeks. Not only did they record their first shutout ever, but they scored 6 goals against a pretty good team. Kolanos had one of those, and Sutter racked up two.

Another good test is coming up on Tuesday at Milwaukee. So far, the Admirals have owned us this season. If the Flames can pull off a win there, it would give us a tremendous amount of momentum for the next two home games.

The Flames were definitely "going" tonight in Des Moines!!! They blanked Iowa 6-0 and looked solid all 60 minutes. It's great they picked up a big road win like this, and certainly shows how far QC has progressed in just a few short weeks. Not only did they record their first shutout ever, but they scored 6 goals against a pretty good team. Kolanos had one of those, and Sutter racked up two.

Another good test is coming up on Tuesday at Milwaukee. So far, the Admirals have owned us this season. If the Flames can pull off a win there, it would give us a tremendous amount of momentum for the next two home games.

Good deal. 3-1 on their current 5 game trip. Good to see them (hopefully) turn it around, they seemed pretty brutal early on. Congrats McElhinney, first shoutout in QCF history. Go QCF Go!

Good deal. 3-1 on their current 5 game trip. Good to see them (hopefully) turn it around, they seemed pretty brutal early on. Congrats McElhinney, first shoutout in QCF history. Go QCF Go!

McElhinney has been really solid during his last several outings. He gave up only one goal apeice versus Grand Rapids and Lake Erie, while shutting out Iowa. How many goalies in the AHL have a 0.67 GAA over their last three road games? McElhinney is playing so well, I wonder if Krahn will see any time behind the net. The best news, however, is that our offense is FINALLY showing real improvement. If we can keep both the offense and defense playing like they are right now, the Flames will climb above .500 before January.

looks like the flames really might be turning the corner now.. lets hope they can keep it up with both millwaukee and iowa next week tues and wed games and pull off another couple of wins

More wins would be nice, but I'm more concerned with attendance at this point. Wednesday is going to be interesting because it's Thanksgiving Eve and many people travel that day. I'm hoping for a nice crowd then, but given the trend so far I will not be expecting one. Saturday's contest versus Peoria will be a better measuring stick. If they don't start drawing 5,000 per game during the weekend games, I don't see how they'll ever get the attendance average to an acceptable level by April.

heys guys just a quick question which players are standing out for you in QC...whos playing good and who could play better??

McElhinney started out really shaky here, but now he has come on strong the last few weeks. He has only given up two goals in his last three games, which have all been road contests and he stopped all 29 of the shots that Iowa fired at him on Saturday night. Having a GAA of 0.67 over three road games is pretty impressive.

Offensively, nobody is standing out. Our weakness has been getting the puck into the net. The top points leader for QC is Grant Stevenson (4 goals, 7 assists in 17 games) ranking him 88th in the AHL right now. As you can tell, the offense has been nearly absent this season. Dustin Boyd sure has been quiet, considering he is one of the top prospects for Calgary. We could certainly use more scoring from him in the future. Brett Sutter showed some promise on Saturday when he scored two goals at Iowa.

How is Eric Nystrom doing? We are definitely missing him here in the Quad Cities.

Nystrom is playing with lots of intensity hes just coming off his first 2 point night vs. the Oilers!! He was doing a good job getting under the skin of Luongo last night but I guess it made Luongo better...he has 3 fights in his 10 games this year aswell as his first nhl goal!!

Hows Prust doing coming off Surgery his Stats dont look to bad??

Nystrom is playing with lots of intensity hes just coming off his first 2 point night vs. the Oilers!! He was doing a good job getting under the skin of Luongo last night but I guess it made Luongo better...he has 3 fights in his 10 games this year aswell as his first nhl goal!!

Hows Prust doing coming off Surgery his Stats dont look to bad??

Prust is playing well, Chucking his knuckels and scored a couple of goals..

Today McE was just called back up to the big boys and we get Keets back. The way McE played last week something like 2-1 .977% and a 0.67 GAA I think you guys might want to see him in net. He has been standing on his head!

Prust is playing well, Chucking his knuckels and scored a couple of goals..

Today McE was just called back up to the big boys and we get Keets back.

Keetley is coming back?!?! Three weeks ago, I would've been jumping for joy...but after seeing McElhinney this past week, I'm not sure what to think. Keetley was awesome in the season-opener versus Rockford, but he had a rough outing the next day against Peoria. Calgary is getting McElhinney at just the right time. He is definitely at the top of his game right now.

I'm guessing Keetley will be the netminder for Wednesday's rematch with Iowa. Hopefully he'll be ready to stop some shots. I'm sure the Stars are looking to humiliate us at home after the way we slapped them around Saturday. It would be nice to see what Krahn can do between the pipes. Does anyone think he'll get the start Wednesday instead of Keetley?

I just found the answer to my own question in this morning's Quad City Times. Apparently, Krahn will get the net duties tonight in Milwaukee. It will be interesting to see what this guy can do.

well look at it this way other than knocking the rust off the goalies we watch them blossom :P

If there is any rust on Krahn, Milwaukee needs to knock it all off tonight. We'll need a goalie who is ready to go against Iowa.

wow what a 3rd period 4 goals to win 4-2 over the admirals. Kolanos is a stud 5pts in 3 games so far wow im so happy they are one game out of being .500

FLAMES WIN!

FLAMES WIN!

FLAMES WIN!

FLAMES WIN!

wow what a 3rd period 4 goals to win 4-2 over the admirals. Kolanos is a stud 5pts in 3 games so far wow im so happy they are one game out of being .500

What a win for the Flames!!! They looked down and out heading into the third period, but the QC offense and defense dominated the final 20 minutes. We only allowed four shots on goal in the third period, while scoring 4 times in the same stretch. Kolanos is a definite force, but don't forget Grant Stevenson who put in two goals and cemented his status as a go-to guy. Krahn wasn't exactly a brick wall (stopped 19 of 21 shots), but he got the job done against a team that averaged nearly 5 goals per game against us in the previous three meetings.

This win is an even bigger confidence-booster than the Iowa blowout last Saturday. Let's just hope our guys don't get over-confident when the Stars pay a visit in less than 24 hours.

What a win for the Flames!!! They looked down and out heading into the third period, but the QC offense and defense dominated the final 20 minutes. We only allowed four shots on goal in the third period, while scoring 4 times in the same stretch. Kolanos is a definite force, but don't forget Grant Stevenson who put in two goals and cemented his status as a go-to guy. Krahn wasn't exactly a brick wall (stopped 19 of 21 shots), but he got the job done against a team that averaged nearly 5 goals per game against us in the previous three meetings.

This win is an even bigger confidence-booster than the Iowa blowout last Saturday. Let's just hope our guys don't get over-confident when the Stars pay a visit in less than 24 hours.

did you listen to the game or watch it on b2? that was such and exciting game wow! it was a hat trick for the calgary org. Big Flames won our Flames won and The wranglers won!! important note Cracknell got another goal last night thats 8or 9 this year so far!

did you listen to the game or watch it on b2? that was such and exciting game wow!

No, I just follow the score on the AHL website. The Flames chose a lousy FM station out of Kewanee to carry the games, but you can't get the signal in Bettendorf. Have you ever tried listening to the pre-game or post-game shows in downtown Moline on your way to a game? The station does not come in at all in the Quad City area. As far as b2 goes, I'm not paying $160 to watch a streaming video feed. That is a huge rip-off.

I will be at tonight's game with a special guest: my brother, who is from OMAHA!!! He wasn't ever an Ak-Sar-Ben Knights fan, but I told him the Flames used to be an Omaha franchise so he wanted to check out the game. Tonight's game should be much closer than Saturday's versus Iowa. I hope there's no let down, because this team has been playing some great hockey away from the QC lately. Now they need to shine in front of the home crowd.

No, I just follow the score on the AHL website. The Flames chose a lousy FM station out of Kewanee to carry the games, but you can't get the signal in Bettendorf. Have you ever tried listening to the pre-game or post-game shows in downtown Moline on your way to a game? The station does not come in at all in the Quad City area. As far as b2 goes, I'm not paying $160 to watch a streaming video feed. That is a huge rip-off.

I will be at tonight's game with a special guest: my brother, who is from OMAHA!!! He wasn't ever an Ak-Sar-Ben Knights fan, but I told him the Flames used to be an Omaha franchise so he wanted to check out the game. Tonight's game should be much closer than Saturday's versus Iowa. I hope there's no let down, because this team has been playing some great hockey away from the QC lately. Now they need to shine in front of the home crowd.

just click on the website were it says listen to the game for free on you computer.... crystal clear for me. But I do know what your talking about the fm station is worst than the am station that they had last year. and B2 is only 6$ a game you dont have to pay for the whole 160$ at a time. but from what i hear b2 isnt worth it.....

GO FLAMES GO.

Im going tonight i will sit in 205 the best section in the imark!

GO FLAMES GO.

Im going tonight i will sit in 205 the best section in the imark!

I was in section 115, row 20 for the big win over Iowa. I sat right next to Dave Arnold (one of the owners) and chatted with him throughout much of the game. He was very fun to talk to, and its great to see somebody who has such a love for professional hockey in this area. You've probably heard him sing the national anthem with his daughter at a few of this year's home games: http://www.qcflames.com/team/ownership.php?id=4''>http://www.qcflames.com/team/ownership.php?id=4' target="_blank">http://www.qcflames.com/team/ownership.php?id=4[/post]

What another great effort by our Flames! These guys have really found a rhythm the last couple weeks. Krahn was nothing short of amazing last night with all his stops. I have a feeling Calgary will be wanting him back very soon. Stevenson found the net again, and Vandergulik fired the game-winner plus the empty-netter. Defensively, I think we let Iowa have way too many shots at the goal. Luckily, Krahn was ready to swat them all away.

I am so proud to be a QC Flames fan right now. LET'S KEEP IT GOING GUYS!!!!

Archived