New Qc Flames Discussion Thread

I just hope that Cullen can get here from Finland by the weekend

We need all the help we can get because Milwaukee and Manitoba won't be easy wins. They have both beaten us at home this season, but we were in those games right up until the end. The Flames can climb back above .500 with two wins over the weekend. I hope the home crowd gives them the inspiration to get it done.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need all the help we can get because Milwaukee and Manitoba won't be easy wins. They have both beaten us at home this season, but we were in those games right up until the end. The Flames can climb back above .500 with two wins over the weekend. I hope the home crowd gives them the inspiration to get it done.

Cullen signed with Sryacuse but we called up Gerry Burke and Jason Josza today and cut that other kid loose... Ramholt played a wopping 45 seconds last night because he cant play in the right spot... Keenan put him on the bench for not preforming why cant he do that to any of the other players that just are not cutting it.

The Flames played very well last night against the Admirals, and Krahn had another impressive performance. It was definitely the most thrilling home victory QC has put together this season. I was a little disappointed we blew a 2-0 lead, and didn't capitalize on that power play near the end of regulation...nevertheless, the Flames pulled off an amazing win over a good Milwaukee team. They have won 3 of their last 4 at home, which is a dramatic improvement from a month ago.

I keep wondering when the attendance situation here is going to improve. Last night's crowd was a little over 3,100 which wasn't the smallest of the night (Toronto and Lowell both had much lower numbers) but it was not very encouraging either. We've actually slipped behind Iowa now and are only better than Springfield and Lowell in attendance. The QC front office needs to start coming up with real promotions to steer in the casual fans. All they've offered so far is a revamped "chuck-a-puck" contest and some cash giveaway if the Flames score a goal in the third period (which they didn't last night!) Neither one of those offerings, at least by themselves, will help generate the additional fan base this team needs right now.

Manitoba snuck by us again, 3-2, to send the Flames back below .500 for the season. The game-winning goal by Moran was one of the biggest fluke goals I've ever seen. QC has two games in Peoria next Friday and Saturday. They have to take at least ONE, preferably both games to make that series with the Rivermen respectable. Then it's two games in San Antonio, followed by another road contest at Rockford. I'm hoping the Flames can go 3-2 on this road trip. We'll see!

If anyone is wondering how Dustin Boyd is playing in Calgary the answer is...much better then he was in QC. Although he does not have a goal yet, he has an assist where he made the goal happen entirely on his own. He is also getting a fair amount of ice time. Its good to see him playing so well. Now if he could only add a little more muscle to his frame.

If anyone is wondering how Dustin Boyd is playing in Calgary the answer is...much better then he was in QC. Although he does not have a goal yet, he has an assist where he made the goal happen entirely on his own. He is also getting a fair amount of ice time. Its good to see him playing so well. Now if he could only add a little more muscle to his frame.

I watched the detroit calgary game and he looked to hussle alot more up there than he did down here. but last night only had 5 mins of ice time

Hey, any QC fans out there want to let us know what to expect from Pardy?

Looks like he got the call.

He has been fairly quiet in recent games, although last week he did score our lone goal against Chicago with 10 seconds left in the game. That one kept the Flames from being shutout by the Wolves. He is definitely showing signs of improvement compared to what he did last year in Omaha, and he has been a key part of our solid defensive play.

He has been fairly quiet in recent games, although last week he did score our lone goal against Chicago with 10 seconds left in the game. That one kept the Flames from being shutout by the Wolves. He is definitely showing signs of improvement compared to what he did last year in Omaha, and he has been a key part of our solid defensive play.

hes a defencemen hes not going to get 100 pts in a season.. I thought he has done very very well for the year. I think we have had as many call ups as they did all of last year allready...

hes a defencemen hes not going to get 100 pts in a season.. I thought he has done very very well for the year. I think we have had as many call ups as they did all of last year allready...

I know he doesn't score alot in that position, but the fact he scored on Kari Lehtonen in the Chicago game was worth mentioning. The number of call-ups we've had lately is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it gives the QC Flames a selling point to local fans regarding the caliber of players they possess. Yet, the call-ups are due mainly to Calgary's unfortunate injury situation, which hurts both teams in the win-loss column.

I see the Iowa Stars drew 4,839 for their game tonight versus Manitoba. If Iowa can draw that type of crowd on a Tuesday night, when will QC start drawing that on a Friday night? I don't like seeing our team right next to Springfield and Lowell in the attendance rankings.

The Flames are off to a great start on their 5-game road trip. They finally beat Peoria last night, 3-2 in a shootout, after trailing 2-0 in the second period. It was another gutty victory for a team that seems to play better on the road than they do at home. Here's hoping they can make it two-in-a-row over the Rivermen tonight in Peoria. GO FLAMES!

Deja vu: one-goal squeaker in Peoria!!!

The Flames overcame another 2-0 deficit against the Rivermen and pulled off their second win in as many nights. Grant Stevenson had another big night (one goal, two assists) and became the first Flames player to reach 10 goals on the season. Keetley gave up a few early goals, but recovered nicely in the second and third periods. Now it's off to San Antonio to battle a team we almost beat during the two home meetings in early November.

GO FLAMES GO!!!

A big 3rd period for the Flames in San Antonio tonight!!! They score three times in the final 6:30 and pull off a 4-2 victory on the Rampage's home ice! It's nice to see QC getting some wins against those teams they struggled with earlier in the season. Now if they could just find a way to beat Chicago, the Flames will have secured at least one win against every team in the division.

QC has won 11 of their last 15...quite a turnaround from that 2-10 start to the season. GO FLAMES!!!

How has Keetley been playing? It sucks not being able to watch the QC games, because i like watching players develop. I watch them in the Dub then miss them for a couple years before they make the jump, ie Boyd, Keetley. He hasnt played alot of games this year, but seems like the team is getting in a rythm and starting to play alot better.

Wonder how long its gonna be before the Back-Up switch again. McE is getting far less ice time then i think he deserves, even behind Kipper. How long is Krahn out for?

How has Keetley been playing? It sucks not being able to watch the QC games, because i like watching players develop. I watch them in the Dub then miss them for a couple years before they make the jump, ie Boyd, Keetley. He hasnt played alot of games this year, but seems like the team is getting in a rythm and starting to play alot better.

Wonder how long its gonna be before the Back-Up switch again. McE is getting far less ice time then i think he deserves, even behind Kipper. How long is Krahn out for?

Krahn was smaked in the head with a puck during practice and was knocked out so hes like me right now and day to day with a concussion.

Keets has been playing very well. they have another game tonight. yeah I know that McE doesnt see much time even though TB put up 6 goals he didnt see a second of playing time other than warmups and when he gave kipper a high five. shoot Calgary should just send him down to save there salary and just keep kipper on the roster.

Krahn was smaked in the head with a puck during practice and was knocked out so hes like me right now and day to day with a concussion.

Keets has been playing very well. they have another game tonight. yeah I know that McE doesnt see much time even though TB put up 6 goals he didnt see a second of playing time other than warmups and when he gave kipper a high five. shoot Calgary should just send him down to save there salary and just keep kipper on the roster.

Its kind of a joke really and not helping for the future

The Flames were shut out in Rockford last night. I figured it would be tough to win three-in-a-row over the IceHogs, especially considering the last two games were on the road. At least QC took both from Peoria and one from San Antonio. The Flames have to snap out of this skid Wednesday when the Stars are back in town.

The Flames beat Iowa again, 2-1 in a shootout! We have won all three meetings with the Stars this season, and have held them to a total of 2 goals over those three games. Kolanos was the only player to net a goal in the shootout...nobody from Iowa could put one past Keetley. He had some big saves and was the reason we won. Once again, our offense struggled to convert on some golden opportunities, but a win is a win. GO FLAMES!!!

The QC Flames current record is:

GP--W--L--OTL--SOL--Pts--PCT--GF--GA

30--14--12--1----3-----32--.533--73--79

The currently sit in 5th in the West Division and 7th in the Western Conference.

Grant Stevenson is the leading player with 10G, 14 A in 30 Games which is 33rd in the league.

It looks like the team has taken a hit with the call up of Boyd, Nystrom, McElhinney and Prust and the defection of Taratukhin, Giordano and little Regehr.

Archived