New Qc Flames Discussion Thread

yep word is a flu is around the locker room so boyd is called up

I hope he plays better up there than what he has done so far down here!! here in the qc area we get the stupid chicago games but that means we get to watch the BIG FLAMES play tonight!!!! that was the talk of the game last night with the C Flames on tv today!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he plays better up there than what he has done so far down here!! here in the qc area we get the stupid chicago games but that means we get to watch the BIG FLAMES play tonight!!!! that was the talk of the game last night with the C Flames on tv today!!

Considering he was the Flames top prospect, I expected to see more from him during his stint in the Quads. Is there any word on who (if anybody) might be sent down from Calgary or up from Las Vegas to replace him?

Considering he was the Flames top prospect, I expected to see more from him during his stint in the Quads. Is there any word on who (if anybody) might be sent down from Calgary or up from Las Vegas to replace him?

I dont think anyone is getting sent down to QC. But 2 guys I would like to see in QC is Adam Cracknell and Justin Donati. (via Las Vegas)

Edit : Yes, I just seen Cracknell was already called up to QC. :blush:

I dont think anyone is getting sent down to QC. But 2 guys I would like to see in QC is Adam Cracknell and Justin Donati. (via Las Vegas)

Edit : Yes, I just seen Cracknell was already called up to QC. :blush:

He played in the victory over Iowa Friday night, but I don't recall hearing his name at any point during the game. He probably only saw a few minutes of action. Cracknell was putting up some strong numbers (17 points in 12 games) with the Wranglers.

He played in the victory over Iowa Friday night, but I don't recall hearing his name at any point during the game. He probably only saw a few minutes of action. Cracknell was putting up some strong numbers (17 points in 12 games) with the Wranglers.

he played quite a bit vs iowa.. Played on the pp and i thought he was doing better than boyd and sutter. Poor Prust had a horrible game he couldnt get out of his own way. let hope he rebounds agiants the Hogs tonight

he played quite a bit vs iowa.. Played on the pp and i thought he was doing better than boyd and sutter. Poor Prust had a horrible game he couldnt get out of his own way. let hope he rebounds agiants the Hogs tonight

Cracknell is making himself known tonight...he just scored a goal on Rockford! It is a crazy game so far, with the Flames leading 3-2 at the end of the first period. Vandergulik has the other 2 goals for QC. Both teams are on pace to tally 40 shots in the game.

Cracknell is making himself known tonight...he just scored a goal on Rockford! It is a crazy game so far, with the Flames leading 3-2 at the end of the first period. Vandergulik has the other 2 goals for QC. Both teams are on pace to tally 40 shots in the game.

4-3 flames after 2 germyn with a fight hes starting ww3

Wow, it sounds like the QC Flames are doing pretty good. From the sounds of things earlier, they had a really rough start, but now, how many games have they won in a row?

In a way, it's like they're playing better than Calgary.

5 in a row now.

Brent Krahn improves to 3-0.

Warren Peters had 2 goals and an assist, and Adam Pardy finished +4.

GO QC GO!

The Flames are above .500 for the first time since opening night, but we have some unfinished business with Peoria coming to town this evening. The Rivermen have beaten us in both meetings so far, and I see they took out mighty Chicago last night. Even though Peoria is in last place right now, they are a very dangerous team. The Flames will need all this momentum and a little luck to keep the streak going.

Krahn should be getting the call-up any day now, unless he has a meltdown against the Rivermen tonight. Hopefully McEl hasn't gotten too relaxed up in Calgary because we'll need him sharp for his return. Cracknell looked pretty impressive last night and Peters really stepped up. Coach McGill has turned this thing around in a hurry and the ownership gets huge credit for bringing in Kolanos to spark the offense.

GO FLAMES!!! BEAT THE RIVERMEN TONIGHT!!!

P.S. -- The Flames have actually won four straight games (they lost at Lake Erie on the 15th), and seven of their last eight!!!

The Rivermen do it again! Why is it we can beat Iowa and Rockford, both home and away...but never Peoria???

Krahn kept Peoria scoreless during two of the three periods and had very little help from our defense. Meanwhile, the offense had a relapse into their late-October form and missed numerous point-blank scoring opportunities. I realize you can't win 'em all, but THIS ONE we should've won. If it wasn't for Krahn's solid netminding, the score might have gotten out of hand. This takes some wind out of our sails heading into Tuesday's showdown at Chicago. The Wolves have had our number just like Peoria. The Flames need to beat them to gain back some of that confidence they lost tonight.

The attendance was better than we've seen lately; the biggest crowd since opening night. Still, it didn't quite hit the 4,000-mark which is disappointing for a Saturday night contest. The marketing department needs to start figuring out why some of those 7,500 fans from opening night are now staying home.

The Flames are above .500 for the first time since opening night, but we have some unfinished business with Peoria coming to town this evening. The Rivermen have beaten us in both meetings so far, and I see they took out mighty Chicago last night. Even though Peoria is in last place right now, they are a very dangerous team. The Flames will need all this momentum and a little luck to keep the streak going.

Krahn should be getting the call-up any day now, unless he has a meltdown against the Rivermen tonight. Hopefully McEl hasn't gotten too relaxed up in Calgary because we'll need him sharp for his return. Cracknell looked pretty impressive last night and Peters really stepped up. Coach McGill has turned this thing around in a hurry and the ownership gets huge credit for bringing in Kolanos to spark the offense.

GO FLAMES!!! BEAT THE RIVERMEN TONIGHT!!!

P.S. -- The Flames have actually won four straight games (they lost at Lake Erie on the 15th), and seven of their last eight!!!

Yeah, my mistake, I said 5. :blush:

And other news (a few days old) if anyone didnt see it, Kevin Lalande was sent to Las Vegas due to a finally healthy Brent Krahn.

http://www.qcflames.com/news/fullstory.php?id=109

Yeah, my mistake, I said 5. :blush:

And other news (a few days old) if anyone didnt see it, Kevin Lalande was sent to Las Vegas due to a finally healthy Brent Krahn.

Yeah...I was surprised Lalande wasn't shipped off sooner. We also picked up another Wrangler, Jason Krischuk, who played in Saturday's loss to Peoria.

yeah i guess palin and hambly are hurt.. we signed some cullen guy from the finnish league

I can't seem to find any information about this Cullen you are talking about. There was nothing on the QC Flames website or AHL transactions about him.

Hambly was the early-season leader and it sure would be nice to have him back from injury. I keep wondering how much longer it will be until Krahn is called back to Calgary. Having McElhinney as goalie would be nice, but Krahn has really impressed me over the last few games.

I think after his good performance against St.Louis McE will be with the Calgary Flames for a while.

But it's nice to hear that Krahn also had good performances.

I keep my fingers crossed for tonights game at chicago!

Go Flames!

Keetley was given the start for tonight's game in Chicago. I'm listening to it right now as the Wolves lead 1-0.

Well, at least the Flames avoided a shutout in Chicago thanks to Pardy's goal with 10 seconds left in the game. Unfortunately that loss puts us below .500 again, just as we were starting to climb in the standings. We are now a combined 0-6 versus Chicago and Peoria. Aside from Rockford, the Flames are having a tough time with their fellow Illinois rivals.

Keetley was given the start for tonight's game in Chicago. I'm listening to it right now as the Wolves lead 1-0.

Nice to see him back between the pipes.....He hasnt played in well over a month and it was only his 4th start of the season. Im sure he will get better the more he gets to play!

Nice to see him back between the pipes.....He hasnt played in well over a month and it was only his 4th start of the season. Im sure he will get better the more he gets to play!

Keetley was spectacular in the season opener versus Rockford. The IceHogs only scored one goal on him, and that was well after the Flames had the game wrapped up. Kevin Lalande is doing very well in Vegas, with a shutout in his first appearance and he had a shutout going through the first two periods of their game tonight versus Bakersfield.

The Flames organization has no shortage of capable goalies.

Another one? Why don't they just move the franchise from Calgary to the Quad Cities. I would save them $$$ on travel expenses for all the players they've called up lately.

well all the teams are running low on d-men lv is short we are short with palin and someone else hurt and people in Calgary getting hurt. I just hope that Cullen can get here from Finland by the weekend

Archived