Quad City Flames

Calgary doens't really have a whole lot of interest in him. He was brought into main camp and was virtually invisible and not impressive. They figured he woudl give them a veteran presence on the A but he chose to pursue another NHL job before relegating himself to the A.

ahh okay, well lets hope he plays well and doesnt ruin the chemistry that they finally got going so far. I think the whole Dan Ryder deal was hard on some of the players

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ahh okay, well lets hope he plays well and doesnt ruin the chemistry that they finally got going so far. I think the whole Dan Ryder deal was hard on some of the players

It will be interesting to see how Kolanos handles playing in the AHL, since he was a no-show when Calgary assigned him to QC back in September. Its great whenever you can get an NHL veteran on your roster, but sometimes those players will make game decisions that benefit themselves instead of the team. He has the talent level to help spur our offense. I just hope he doesn't decide to become the offense.

I think Sutter and many other Flames scouts still believe in Kolanos so thus, he was invited to the Flames training camp. He doesn't have a two-way contract but that can be worked out later if he shows some promise. With the departure of Dan Ryder, the Flames have room on the roster for an offensive center. Otherwise, i think it's best for Boyd and Ryder to play more minutes.

I think Sutter and many other Flames scouts still believe in Kolanos so thus, he was invited to the Flames training camp. He doesn't have a two-way contract but that can be worked out later if he shows some promise.

Quad City Sports Ventures is footing the bill for Kolanos right now, so hopefully he'll provide the offensive punch to get more local fans excited about this team. If he is successful enough to lead us to more wins, maybe Calgary will start picking up the tab for his salary. I give QCSV a lot of credit for taking a gamble by bringing in Kolanos. His deal was reported at six figures, which means they'll really have to draw some large crowds to pay for it. If he doesn't lead the team to at least a .500 record by the end of January, then I think QCSV will have screwed themselves.

Quad City Sports Ventures is footing the bill for Kolanos right now, so hopefully he'll provide the offensive punch to get more local fans excited about this team. If he is successful enough to lead us to more wins, maybe Calgary will start picking up the tab for his salary. I give QCSV a lot of credit for taking a gamble by bringing in Kolanos. His deal was reported at six figures, which means they'll really have to draw some large crowds to pay for it. If he doesn't lead the team to at least a .500 record by the end of January, then I think QCSV will have screwed themselves.

six figures could be 100k to 999k so we just wont know how much but im in the same boat. roofie said his name alot last night in the game agianst lem

six figures could be 100k to 999k so we just wont know how much but im in the same boat. roofie said his name alot last night in the game agianst lem

I doubt Kolanos is making much more than $150,000 from this contract because no NHL team wanted him. If they are paying him more than that, it's a sign that QCSV has money to burn...which could actually be a good thing. The ownership group is going to need those deep pockets and some brilliant promotional ideas to get this situation turned around here. Obviously, there was great interest in Flames hockey on opening night with 7,500+ fans showing up to see their debut. Now the ownership has to figure out why more than half that group has since decided not to come back.

I doubt Kolanos is making much more than $150,000 from this contract because no NHL team wanted him. If they are paying him more than that, it's a sign that QCSV has money to burn...which could actually be a good thing. The ownership group is going to need those deep pockets and some brilliant promotional ideas to get this situation turned around here. Obviously, there was great interest in Flames hockey on opening night with 7,500+ fans showing up to see their debut. Now the ownership has to figure out why more than half that group has since decided not to come back.

well I think maybe more promotions... something to get the "casual" fan in the seat. I have only missed one game that was due to myself having a hockey game to play and it was agianst manatoba ( a game i really wanted to go to) plus i have been to peoria twice milwaukee once. im not making the trip to des moines though but lets hope they can get to .500 this wed

well I think maybe more promotions... something to get the "casual" fan in the seat. I have only missed one game that was due to myself having a hockey game to play and it was agianst manatoba ( a game i really wanted to go to) plus i have been to peoria twice milwaukee once. im not making the trip to des moines though but lets hope they can get to .500 this wed

If you have Mediacom cable, you can watch tonight's game in Des Moines versus the Stars on channel 22. There is a promotional night coming up on Wednesday when they host the Stars. It will be John Deere community night, and given the fact Deere has 8,000+ local employees...maybe the attendance will be decent. On the other hand, having a promotion during a weeknight contest isn't the best possible timing. The Saturday game versus Peoria probably would've been a better choice for filling up the seats.

I saw the Manitoba game on Halloween night. The crowd (about 2,300) was the smallest of the season. That game was exciting because it went to a sudden death shoot-out, which the Flames lost. My game ticket was free, so it wasn't a total disappointment.

If you have Mediacom cable, you can watch tonight's game in Des Moines versus the Stars on channel 22. There is a promotional night coming up on Wednesday when they host the Stars. It will be John Deere community night, and given the fact Deere has 8,000+ local employees...maybe the attendance will be decent. On the other hand, having a promotion during a weeknight contest isn't the best possible timing. The Saturday game versus Peoria probably would've been a better choice for filling up the seats.

I saw the Manitoba game on Halloween night. The crowd (about 2,300) was the smallest of the season. That game was exciting because it went to a sudden death shoot-out, which the Flames lost. My game ticket was free, so it wasn't a total disappointment.

I know my team lost in a shootout that night and so did the flames... good to see kolanos get a goal tonight.. i live in muscatine we dont have mediacom here

Archived