Quad City Flames

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I am a new member. I live in Iowa and was at the Quad City Flames' first game against the Rockford Icehogs. The gane was awesome, our guys really came in pumped up, and beat up on Rockford like they always did us when we had the Mallards here. We had a big crowd, 7,548 fans, biggest I have seen for hockey here in a long time. Everyone was pumped and the crowd was making a lot of noise, me included. It was a virtual sea of red. The guys played great, and beat up Rockford pretty good, both in the score and with the fists, they were really in to this game.

I signed up here to keep track of the big club so I can be better informed. Keetly was called up already so I will be listening to the games to see how he does. Now that we have the Falmes here I will be a new Calgary, Flames fan from now on. Glad to be part of the Flames, and the Quad Cities is fired up over this team. All of the greats from our old team were in attendance Saturday night for the first game. It was huge.

That is so good to hear that people are coming out to their games. Hockey is such a good game and I personally enjoy going to games not with NHL teams just as much as ones with NHL teams. The atmosphere is great there too. I think the QC Flames are going to do awesome this year, they have a lot of good players and I am looking forward to seeing what they can pull together.

ps. qcflamesfan1, you may want to introduce yourself in the welcome topic. :) But welcome anyways

basically the Quad City Owners Group offered to take everything in the butt, except the Team Salary....so attendance isn't a big deal(which is the reason they left omaha...but season ticket sales were up and they knew this!!)

but i know watching that prust fight on youtube...it didn't look like the arena was any fuller then the Knights played in front of

I was just wondering, why exactly did the Flames move to QC from Omaha?

basically the Quad City Owners Group offered to take everything in the butt, except the Team Salary....so attendance isn't a big deal(which is the reason they left omaha...but season ticket sales were up and they knew this!!)

but i know watching that prust fight on youtube...it didn't look like the arena was any fuller then the Knights played in front of

I would also add that travel was the second reason. Omaha had one of the most travel distances in the AHL, & it was said to be "planes, trains & automobiles" to get a player from Omaha to Calgary or elsewhere when there was a requirement.

As a plus to QC they were one of stronger franchises when they were in the CHL. As far as attendance, give them some time to heal the wounds of losing the Mallards, get to know what the Flames & AHL are about & wait for baseball & possibly football season to end. I hope they do really well.

I would also add that travel was the second reason. Omaha had one of the most travel distances in the AHL, & it was said to be "planes, trains & automobiles" to get a player from Omaha to Calgary or elsewhere when there was a requirement.

As a plus to QC they were one of stronger franchises when they were in the CHL. As far as attendance, give them some time to heal the wounds of losing the Mallards, get to know what the Flames & AHL are about & wait for baseball & possibly football season to end. I hope they do really well.

for one the Mallards were in the UHL which changed the league name to the IHL. two these are bears idoits over here and everything revolves around them since they were in the super bowl last year they are the"greatest" team ever one or two more weeks and they will be at the games.

that was a sunday game and the mallards in there hay day didnt bring that many fans out on sunday to the games opening night they had 7500 and that game was around 4k for fans . its sad i have been to more away games than home games!

HALLO JENS WIE GEHTS?

Also, "The Mark" puts 99.9% of other minor pro arenas to shame.

Topic: Quad City Flames.

They don't play in Germany.

yeah technically they play in Moline Ill which is part of the quad cities. the other 3 cities are Davenport, Iowa Bettendorf, Iowa and Rock Island Ill. so im sorry i was just saying "hi" and i was talking about the qc flames

What's up with Boyd?

I see Tim Hambly had 3 goals and 3 assists.Will he a alternative as defender with Calgary?

I dont know whats up with boyd it dont seem like we can buy a goal right now. thank god we have good D here. He did have a real sweet goal on opening night while he was falling down top shelf goal though

after watching Boyd last season in Omaha, i can say w.o a doubt he will come around. he had a "slow start" last season as well, but then scored 60 pts lol just give him some time.

sad to c Mac back in the AHL, he's hurt so they sent him on a "rehab" sorta gig down here for a while till he is bak to 100%. Keenan didnt pull Kipper b.c they were down big. he was seeing where Mac was.

enjoy him while hes in the QC boys!

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

The Flames are averaging around 5,500 per game right now. In the Knights final season, the attendance average was about 3,600. With football still going on, it may be another month or two before we have a better assessment of actual attendance trends for the team. Traditionally, the Quad City area shows up in bigger numbers for hockey after December. Whatever the case may be, I'm positive the final total will surpass last year's figure in Omaha.

Archived