GDT - Game 3 - Calgary @ Edmonton - Sunday October 13 6:00pm MDT

Amander

A good win is always best when the Coilers lose to anyone, but it is always much more bittersweet when they lose against us. Barrie was okay tonight. Mantha, man, if that guy would play to his size, he would be a force. That line has been a huge surprise. Vldar was good. You have to be happy for Kirkland which always nice to see a guy that has been grinding to find a goal. This start is great, and when you gain confidence we know it could be rode very hard to goals and success. Well bring on CHI and we shall see what that brings, GFG

The goalie interference call was weak.  If that had been against the Flames we would have been howling.   Offside call was spot on.   Backs with the naughty boy slash was fun to see.

We defintiely rode our luck at times but who cares when you beat the Oil.   Got to enjoy the wins  while we can as its only October.

Really pumped for Kirkland.  Made me smile seeing his delight at getting that goal.  

Thought Coronato had a good game on the 4th line and the Hubs, Mantha, Posposil line is coming along nicely.

3 hours ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

By rights any goalie touching by a player can be called interference no matter how minor or major it doesnt matter if it effects the Goalie in making the save then boom no goal

Yeah I don't have a problem with the call.  Dicksplash was in the blue paint.   The problem with the call is the consistency around the league issue again.   Other nights that would have been called a good goal.  I was surpised it was called back when it went to reivew.

Perhaps this season they are trying to send a message about GT interference. There was a similar weak call in the Rags/Utah game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Yeah I don't have a problem with the call.  Dicksplash was in the blue paint.   The problem with the call is the consistency around the league issue again.   Other nights that would have been called a good goal.  I was surpised it was called back when it went to reivew.

Perhaps this season they are trying to send a message about GT interference. There was a similar weak call in the Rags/Utah game.

Yeah, I have noticed it being called back more than not recently.  The fact he was in the crease when the goal was scored may have played an even bigger part.  He wasn't pushed in.  In fact, he came from behind the goalie where he tapped the goalie.  I thought the contact was weak, but it seemed to be his location that triggered the call.  Vladar may have been restricted in his ability to defend the net.  It was minor, but the goal was scored inside the crease.  

Overall, the Flames played a clean game for once.  There was nothing really blatant that I would say on either side.  Don't call Backlund on a bit of a slash.  Lomberg tripped up resulting in a turnover no call.  We didn't give the refs anything that they could call easily.  That's unusual against the Oilers.  I would say that for most of the last 40 minutes we never gave the Oilers a chance to do anything.  They defended our PP well, but I think we just didn't adjust to the pressure well.  At times we snapped the puck around really well, but didn't get shots off.  Our bad.

This is a game where the Oilers thought they didn't execute.  The reality is they played against a well structured team game.  Weegar tracked McD all the way to the net and he didn't get a penalty shot out of it.  A poor play resulting in the Brown breakaway.  Other than that, we rarely gave them looks.  If we were to play a game like this, we would win more than 60% of the time.  Vladar made some good saves but he didn't have to face that many HD chances.  He gave up the post twice.  You might say that's the only part of the net he gave up.

Unfortunately missed the first BoA this season thanks to having night shift this week:(

But I got lucky that german payTV showed this match and recorded it. Watched it this afternoon and did have a good time. We were a bit lucky in the first on that Perry goal and Vladar did a good job keeping it close. Really liked the last 40min from us, just some hard work overall. That Backlund backcheck, after the Oilers had an 3on1 odd man rush, was a key moment I believe.

Overall very happy with the effort and the start so far!  Outside from the strong performance of Ras and our Keeper I thought Bahl had a strong game as well.