24-25 Training Camp

conundrumed

9 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

What a shift by Klapka!

Denies Catton of a breakaway. Then goes down and scores. Great drive to the net by Honzek 

Klapka may not be able to fight that well, but he doesn't get pushed around or allow others to push his line around.  Perhaps some questionable in holding, but he plays the game well otherwise.  

A little lax at the end, but that happens when you have a big lead and are defending a PP.

I am interested to see the lineups for the split squad.

In CGY, it should be the over 30 EDM crowd.

In EDM, it will be the best they have.

I know it's probably stupid to play McD any games in pre-season, but he loves it.

We have two squads that haven't played yet, but really do they need to use them that way?

What good does a bunch of AHL or CHL players playing against the Oilers do?

When they are seriously getting considered for the NHL, then sure.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Damn, you picked a great game to attend. So many solid performances.

Really gutsy performance by the Flames.

I’d have thought, going in, that it would be 6-1 the other way. 

Not to be too hyperbolic but this is what Conroy refers to when he says he doesn’t want a losing mindset . Go out and compete. See what happens.

In a lot of ways this win is notable because it’s a lot of young players that you expect to be important pieces in the future. Something to build off. Go on the road and blow out a more veteran team. Awesome. If these were both NHL rosters, whatever. I don’t think either is great. But when it’s your young kids, fantastic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

What is this? Tenacity, crisp passes, hitting, sticking up for teammates, great goaltending, scoring...

End the rebuild!!! lol

If the year continues like this, the only way we're getting a high draft pick is via trade... lol, first preseason game of the year.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

What is this? Tenacity, crisp passes, hitting, sticking up for teammates, great goaltending, scoring...

End the rebuild!!! lol

No problem sacrificing sleep to watch a game like that....?

16 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Has Stromgren done anything?  Only heard his name once.

I admit I haven't watched as closely as I could.

He played well, not outstanding.  Received two massive hits, including a late one headfirst into the boards, no call.... 

I have to say impressed by Honzek tonight, kid can skate. Stromgren was invisible tonight. I thought the D was excellent tonight, Bru is more seasoned than one thinks. Guys I thought would stand out didn't Morton, Pelts, and Strogrem, each was invisible. 

My Three stars

1) Coronoto

2) Bru

3) Klapka

Honorable mention to Wolf 

• Like 1