Stanley Cup Final

This game reminded me of a Flames game.  Overpowering the other team, get the PP and then a lazy cross ice pass to get picked off.  Let them get a 3-0 before we show up.  Battle back to get it close and blow it on the EN.  FLA has to stop taking the dumb penalties.  You are not allowed to try to hurt McD.  He is given the benefit of the doubt on hacking and picks, but you touch him the wrong way and the refs get ticked.  

I wasn not impressed with the level of reffing.  You don't always call the team hitting first; usually it's the retaliation, but I guess there is none of that.

Can we get to the off-season soon?  These 2 full days between are killing me.  Being forced to drink Tim's out of disposable Oiler cup in orange makes me puke a little in my mouth.  Disposable is right.  Much like a jersey is when they lose one game too many.  Let's make that soon.

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

This game reminded me of a Flames game.  Overpowering the other team, get the PP and then a lazy cross ice pass to get picked off.  Let them get a 3-0 before we show up.  Battle back to get it close and blow it on the EN.  FLA has to stop taking the dumb penalties.  You are not allowed to try to hurt McD.  He is given the benefit of the doubt on hacking and picks, but you touch him the wrong way and the refs get ticked.  

I wasn not impressed with the level of reffing.  You don't always call the team hitting first; usually it's the retaliation, but I guess there is none of that.

Can we get to the off-season soon?  These 2 full days between are killing me.  Being forced to drink Tim's out of disposable Oiler cup in orange makes me puke a little in my mouth.  Disposable is right.  Much like a jersey is when they lose one game too many.  Let's make that soon.

Yes, the reffing hasn't been great but they didn't lose because of it.  How about the mindless PP passes as you mentioned, relaxed PK coverage not matching the Oilers intensity.  They finally got it going midway through the game but by then it was 0-3 Oilers.   

5 hours ago, cberg said:

Yes, the reffing hasn't been great but they didn't lose because of it.  How about the mindless PP passes as you mentioned, relaxed PK coverage not matching the Oilers intensity.  They finally got it going midway through the game but by then it was 0-3 Oilers.   

The borderline call after the 3-1 goal killed them.  It set up the 4-1 PPG.  That was the backbreaker.  While their poor PK didn't help and the play that set up the shortie started the game off on the wrong foot, they didn't generate enough in the 1st.  

Panthers were always gonna have to weather the storm early but would have liked to see the PP be more crisp. Another not very good start for them. 

Oilers are cooking. Panthers really really have to up their game here. 

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

They are a bit too loose when they make passes across the ice.

The first goal came off a poor pinch on a nothing play.

True, plus a few guys falling down, like Barkov.  Can’t believe Panthers refusing to take shots, 10-1 now,  must be coaching?

2 minutes ago, cberg said:

True, plus a few guys falling down, like Barkov.  Can’t believe Panthers refusing to take shots, 10-1 now,  must be coaching?

Oilers are taking away the shooting lanes and Florida has yet to adjust

as long as oilers play stick to their assignment in the d zone they arnt giving Florida anything. The goals in game 5 came off of missed assignments.

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Oilers are taking away the shooting lanes and Florida has yet to adjust

as long as oilers play stick to their assignment in the d zone they arnt giving Florida anything. The goals in game 5 came off of missed assignments.

Yeah, they haven't really changed the game from the first three that they won.

Same plays and the Oilers have adjusted to it.

It might be my imagination, but I think the Oilers are getting away with a lot more questionable hits and holds.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  The Cats aren't exactly knocking people over in their own zone.

Can blame officials all you want but reality is the Oilers raised their game and at this moment Florida hasn’t matched. Oilers are faster, hungrier on pucks and when Florida does get in the o zone the oilers limit their chances. 

the Oilers are playing very well right now. They’ve earned this 

the only thing I’d say about Florida is they’ve gotten more conservative since the 3-0 lead. 

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yeah, they haven't really changed the game from the first three that they won.

Same plays and the Oilers have adjusted to it.

It might be my imagination, but I think the Oilers are getting away with a lot more questionable hits and holds.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  The Cats aren't exactly knocking people over in their own zone.

Yes, same old plays, not aggressive, not shooting even when open.  Seems like massive coaching fail, not doing what works, doing what doesn’t work.  If this keeps up Oilers win the series.

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Everything is coming up Oiler right now

Well it was a good pushback.  The Panthers are not guarding against the F that has blown the zone.  In the old days that would have been a 2 line offside.  But we got rid of that one ages ago.