Stanley Cup Final

8 hours ago, conundrumed said:

That Nurse-Ceci pair, oh boy.

No idea why they went back with that pairing, maybe the coaching truly believed the winning streak was all on Connor’s suit.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Bobrovsky heard this chat Edmonton might have the goalie edge and said “pardon?”

Anyone getting tired of all of these Vladislav Tretiak jrs yet? lol

I think I'm cheering for Paul Maurice. He wins the soundbite award. So dryly nonchalant and self-deprecating.

This one's a great, honest interview minus the chuckles of his media scrums:

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

No idea why they went back with that pairing, maybe the coaching truly believed the winning streak was all on Connor’s suit.

Nurse should have meme's of his mouth open in confusion while watching the replay of why they scored.

That $9.25 is looking like an absolute nightmare. I kinda thought he'd come around, but seeing him a lot more now, that D-play is a train wreck.

My reaction to poor plays is, "oh boy". It doesn't stop with that guy. He should do the George Costanza of do everything opposite of what he's thinking. Constantly making bad decisions with his coverage. Ceci isn't much better, but he's not $9.25. That contract has gone to Satoshi Nakamoto. He likely isn't even a top 4.

• Like 1

Nurse appears to be demoted.

They've toyed with it at times during this playoffs but I wonder how much longer till they consider splitting up Ekholm and Bouchard. Dallas wasn't able to do it, but in game 1 I thought the Panthers (albeit in low quantities) finally exposed the lack of depth in the Oiler D. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

They've toyed with it at times during this playoffs but I wonder how much longer till they consider splitting up Ekholm and Bouchard. Dallas wasn't able to do it, but in game 1 I thought the Panthers (albeit in low quantities) finally exposed the lack of depth in the Oiler D. 

Yet the talking heads have been handing out passes like free candy. He does not pass the eye test at all. If rumours are true, they wanted us to take back Ceci in a Tanev deal. Good job on the "No" Conny.

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

That is some serious shallow, er I mean depth.

Broberg and Desharnais in the same game?

Desharnais is only getting a shot because they were run over by FLA.

Both are 7th D on a normal team.

3 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I was told Kane would “dominate” Tkachuk

Ahh, the battle of the cheap shots.  They both battle for MDP, most douchiest person.

Kane has always been all talk.  Respect me because I think I am tough.

Tkachuk has always been drive the other players to drink.

43 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Nice elbow by Draisaitl to the face of Barkov

Love watching Sportsnet call it a questionable call, roles reversed and they are calling for Barkov to be suspended.  I’ve switched back and forth between Sportsnet and ABC and am leaning towards watching ABC the rest of the way.  Can’t deal with the biased crap.

Just now, sak22 said:

Love watching Sportsnet call it a questionable call, roles reversed and they are calling for Barkov to be suspended.  I’ve switched back and forth between Sportsnet and ABC and am leaning towards watching ABC the rest of the way.  Can’t deal with the biased crap.

Well, at least Bieksa admitted it was a real penalty.

Gas-dick was removed from being a regular commentator.

I can't believe he calls an elbow to the head as questionable and only as result of the injury.

ilers believe they had their chances and didn't convert.

I was watching a different game.

One shot on the PP's all night.

21 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I've been ABC for the first two games.

Draisaitl will get off the hook. His name isn't Carson Soucy.

23 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Well, at least Bieksa admitted it was a real penalty.

Gas-dick was removed from being a regular commentator.

I can't believe he calls an elbow to the head as questionable and only as result of the injury.

ilers believe they had their chances and didn't convert.

I was watching a different game.

One shot on the PP's all night.

Another thing

I don’t understand why the Canadian broadcasts don’t bring on a rules analyst.  I know I don’t respect the refs opinion all the time but they do know more about being an NHL official than the entire Sportsnet crew.

Draisaitl should sit for game 3. That was extremely dirty, left his feet to elbow Barkov in the head. Just because Barkov has been outplaying McDavid and Draisaitl and shutting them down for two games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

Another thing

I don’t understand why the Canadian broadcasts don’t bring on a rules analyst.  I know I don’t respect the refs opinion all the time but they do know more about being an NHL official than the entire Sportsnet crew.

Elliott has to text the NHL about questions of rules.  Bieksa probably knows more but won't say.  Ronnie isn't allowed by contract to talk about rules unless it's a meaningless game.

Even if the call was a miss, it was about as close to a 50/50 at best.  It's not a call you can challenge.  No better or worse than a missed high stick that doesn't draw blood.

The NHL should and will review the head shot.  It was not accidental.  He knew his elbow pas was headed towards the head.  Whether I like or hate the player doesn't enter into it. 

They showed a clip where Draisaitl gave up on a shift and just skated to the bench then the room.  There was nothing before it, just him whiffing on a dump in.  He may be injured, but he sure looks healthy when things go his way.  I laughed when McD and Tkachuk had a little dustup after the partial break.  The linesman was between them, and you saw McD's stick blade in Tkachuk's face.  Maybe there was good reason for it, but it looked like Tkachuk was just jawing before it.