G.D.T. Habs @ Flames - Sat. 16 March 2024 @ 5 PM M.S.T.

9 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Just tuned in, not sure if wins are good at this point, want to win , want to lose...  see what happens.

I hear ya, but not to this team. To many of the wrong jerseys in the stands. Can't give them the satisfaction. 

• Like 1

Beatdown continues after a letdown.

Well, if I had any doubt about Wolf, the last two games have clinched it for me.

He moves like a cat.

The screen goal was impossible to stop, but he has to learn how to look around and set on the blind side.

A screen shot is 80% luck and 20% where you sit in the crease.

I wish they would use Hunt on the 4th line.

He's a go-er but has little puck sense.

Better suited to help the 4th line.

Maybe it's just this game but it seems that the passes don't make sense.

This isn't Hunt hate; I don't bother since he's sometimes good.

It's just a lot of good and bad.

Big picture, games like these are really important for Wolf. Proof that he can play really well at this level.

I would like a top ten pick, but if they're gonna play Wolf games like tonight are 1000% more beneficial than draft position. The Flames have what other rebuilding teams like MTL do not. A legit top prospect goalie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Big picture, games like these are really important for Wolf. Proof that he can play really well at this level.

I would like a top ten pick, but if they're gonna play Wolf games like tonight are 1000% more beneficial than draft position. The Flames have what other rebuilding teams like MTL do not. A legit top prospect goalie.

Save these games for next year though.  Right now, big picture is we need Yakemchuk or Tij for the next 10 years more than a couple of wins.

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It's funny.  I figured that Wolf would not get a start while the Flames are still fighting.

His excellent game the other night suggests that he is the better choice to win now.

As well, the coach may already know that Markstrom will be traded.

Have to get next man up.

Vladar may not have had good games recently, but that's not 100% on him.

But let's not kid ourselves about this team.

We beat Vagas, who has not looked good recently.

We are beeting a bottom 8 team at home.

Lost these before, but we are playing the people that actually want to be here.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Save these games for next year though.  Right now, big picture is we need Yakemchuk or Tij for the next 10 years more than a couple of wins.

I figured Wolf got the first game because he was tossing in the towel.

Now it seems that Wolf is the choice if you are trying to win.

5 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Well said. Clearly time to give him the ball. Should have happened with Markstrom's first injury. Wins and losses don't matter. Him getting a workload is way more important than draft position. If he goes 10-0, great. We need to know. If he gets lit up, put him right back in. We're past the point of being shy with him. We're growing a team and he has to grow with them.

• Like 2