G.D.T. Avalanche @ Flames - Tues. 12 March 2024 @ 7 PM M.S.T.

It’s gonna be a death march to the end of the year. 

They’ve played three of the best teams in the past three games, but the way they’ve gotten clobbered. I think we may see some guys check out sooner than later. I can’t say I’m surprised, they don’t have an NHL caliber blueline and they don’t have elite talent up front.

11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It’s gonna be a death march to the end of the year. 

They’ve played three of the best teams in the past three games, but the way they’ve gotten clobbered. I think we may see some guys check out sooner than later. I can’t say I’m surprised, they don’t have an NHL caliber blueline and they don’t have elite talent up front.

I don't think you can really put the blame on the D entirely.  The F have been as much responsible for weak coverage and poor back pressure.  This is (at least) the third game in a row that we have gotten owned in all stages of play.  Related to the D, I expect some growing pains.  Ras out for 4 goals against, 3 at EV.  Backlund out for 2 EV goals against.    Miro-man and Oky out for one against.  Oky has some work to do, but he was brought in because he is a rugged player.

This game was a trap game.  Marky out.  Mange and Kuzmenko out.  Two days after the end of a 3 game in 4 days roadie.  Playing a top West team.  We are for sure going to struggle against top teams.  We may go on a long losing streak, hopefully one that convinces GM that we need to move more than just D, but we have some easy games.  5 games against the bottom of the Pacific.  Couple against teams from the East that are inconsistent.  VAN x 2, Oilers.  Games we can get up for.