GDT Flames @ Ranges Feb12/24 5 pm MST Start

21 minutes ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Bassa Trouba needs to get pay back

Playing hockey when I was young, yes, I used to take a number and exact some payback when the opportunity presented itself. 

Then, as a teen, I discovered a better way to exact revenge. I would target someone else on the team, and then skate by that original offender and let him know that was for him. I only ever remember seeing 2 outcomes:

1. He’d get tunnel vision for me, and completely lose sight (and his impact) on the game.  (Oh, and I’d poke that bear so much for countless power plays for us 😊)

2. He’d take fewer liberties knowing that someone else was going to pay for it. 

Targeting their better players really works to get their attention and get them off their games. Oh, and their goalies. 😂😏

Trouba doesn’t need to feel payback. He needs to see everyone but him getting targeted. Nothing burns more than someone who won’t engage you but will run over everyone else. 

Someone facewash and pop Zabenajad a few times in front of the net. Nothing egregious. Nothing penalty worthy. Just target him. Fun times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Playing hockey when I was young, yes, I used to take a number and exact some payback when the opportunity presented itself. 

Then, as a teen, I discovered a better way to exact revenge. I would target someone else on the team, and then skate by that original offender and let him know that was for him. I only ever remember seeing 2 outcomes:

1. He’d get tunnel vision for me, and completely lose sight (and his impact) on the game.  (Oh, and I’d poke that bear so much for countless power plays for us 😊)

2. He’d take fewer liberties knowing that someone else was going to pay for it. 

Targeting their better players really works to get their attention and get them off their games. Oh, and their goalies. 😂😏

Trouba doesn’t need to feel payback. He needs to see everyone but him getting targeted. Nothing burns more than someone who won’t engage you but will run over everyone else. 

well said, I could see that would burn him more

Can't believe we can't score.

Igor, I mean Eyegore, coming up large.

Wants to try for star of the week.

Was one win behind Marky end of last period.

A shut out would help his case.

The battle of the two teams on 4 game win streaks.

You know who will lose the streak.