GDT - Flames @ Coyotes; 11 January 2024; 7pm MST; SN1; FAN960

Just now, The_Tribal Chief said:

I used to work in that.lol Moisture in the air crystallizing. It's quite beautiful from indoors. It's 0 here but feels like -2. We actually just got cumulative snow last night for the first time this season. Maybe 20mm.

18 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Fun trade revisited. Last TDL.

EDM acquires: expiring Bjugstad (50% retained); Cam Dineen

ARI acquires: 2023 3rd rd pick; Mike Kesselring

Bjugstad re-signs with ARI, Kesselring is a solid 5-7 NHL dman. Dineen, notsomuch.

Free 3rd rd pick, free dman for a 30-ish game loan, pretty tidy business.

I had thought that Kesselring was a stud when he was a prospect, but they passed on him.

Bad trade no doubt.

Was BT there?

Oh right Kenny cap master.

i was Busy Working during the Xmas Rush Td then i left Calgary during Xmas holidays to visit my parents i only go see them once a year cause of the hours i work so when i do i usually go down for 4-5 days and take a bit of time off of work for them cause you dont know how much time you have left to spend with your parents so you want to take as much time as you can

Just now, The_Tribal Chief said:

i dont need that that is why i got you here to razz me lets me know im definatly alive lol lol lol

Don't drive on anything even remotely rough surface at -50. Your tires are frozen and you'll blow the seals. I know this by experience. Don't tempt it. A couple of pot holes, you've got a flat. Let alone you have zero traction. Stay safe like nothing else matters, because it doesn't. I've lost friends at work, on roads, with that Satoshi Nakamoto. It's real.

Everyone will say, "it's okay, take your time". It's not okay. That's people that want production. They aren't thinking straight. No one owes anyone that kind of risk.

Let's not find out what happens when it doesn't work out. I do not miss that part of the Alberta work mentality, at all.

2 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

Conundrumed I cant Drive i have Grand Mal Epilepsy im forced to take Transit a Cab or uber

At those temps you shouldn't be expected to. -20 to 40, yeah maybe with lots of precautions. Over that has to be a no. -50 is real, I was at work (outdoors but in trucks) with that. No Blockchaining way should that have happened. The outdoor temps don't give a Satoshi Nakamoto about how warm it is in your cab.

I've been to 2 closed-casket funerals precisely because of that. One of my friends made it in the passenger seat, only to see a grader tooth pretty much decapitated my other friend, the driver.

I had been going off on everyone about why we are working...everything is okay until it's not.