GDT - Golden Knights @ Flames 27 November 2023 - 7:30pm MST

Ryan Man

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Not sure I get the logic behind benching Zary and Pospisil in the 3rd. Especially for Dube and Greer.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

I thought Zary was alright. Thought Pospisil struggled a bit.

Greer was alright.  Nothing special.

The lines were doing a lot of nothing after benching the 3 kids.

Zary a total of 45 seconds in the 3rd and Pospisil with 93 seconds.

Guys, got to say this GDT is so negative throughout!

I thought we played a decent game.

Zary and Pospisil were off it tonight.  Perhaps Zary still carrying an injury?

Kadri looks like a different player at the moment and Hubey shooting more which is good to say.

My favorite player at this time is Sharangovich.  Never stops workking.

But stars of the game were Vladar & Hill with Weegar making a cameo appearance at the end!!

Go Flames Go!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Not sure I get the logic behind benching Zary and Pospisil in the 3rd.

I thought neither were playing particularly well, which is kind of an expectation for rookies. Not saying that will be the norm, but there will be some wear, particularly for a 3rd game in 4 nights. Their last lesson is what a meat grinder this league can be. Time to rest up!

50 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

I missed the 3rd, but it's kinda fun seeing the team beat back on Nelly's and eventually change their minds.

Imagine if pro athletes gave up as quickly as their fans?lol They're here for a reason.

I'm negative towards Backlund and Andersson, but I've always been, I just try to hide it most of the time.

Andersson has to hide behind stats imo, and I do like the Backlund that plays with jam, a lot. It just hasn't been there near as much as it hasn't.

But I lovveee having 2 goalies and not doing the "hot hand" or "stats vs x team" thing. Start either with confidence. Don't amplify bad games, or even bad stretches. Showing faith rarely goes unrewarded.

Special shout out to @taz89, it's that kind of fed up that the team has to prove wrong!! He's hardly alone.

But 4 pts out of THAT 3 game set is more than a little impressive.

3 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Kadri looks like a different player at the moment and Hubey shooting more which is good to say.

But stars of the game were Vladar & Hill with Weegar making a cameo appearance at the end!!

Go Flames Go!

I'm not sure of the overall theme, but two of us were doing the reverse karma thing.  When we criticized Backlund and Ras, it was to get them going.  LOL.  Well most of it.  Ras deserves some of the overall sentiments.  Overall, It's pretty hard to be down on a team not scoring against Hill.  Yes, there were sequences that made me cringe.  Vladar saved our bacon.  The things that I really hated to see were passing off with golden opportunities right in front of the player.  This is one thing that needs to change; overpassing is killing us.  Kadri is shooting more now, Govich is taking the shot, even Huberdeau is taking shots.  

I don't take exception with the rookies having off games, as it happens.  I just found that the coach lost trust completely in them.  Maybe he felt that they were getting creamed out there.  I think his comments suggested they were just okay.  Effectively he shortened the bench to 3 lines.  

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

But I lovveee having 2 goalies and not doing the "hot hand" or "stats vs x team" thing. Start either with confidence. Don't amplify bad games, or even bad stretches. Showing faith rarely goes unrewarded.

Special shout out to @taz89, it's that kind of fed up that the team has to prove wrong!! He's hardly alone.

But 4 pts out of THAT 3 game set is more than a little impressive.

The flu thing has me a bit concerned for the next start.  Practice today and game on tomorrow.  DAL will come hard at us.  Need whatever goalie to be 100%.  If we see an emergency recall later today, we know the starter.

4 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Go Flames Go!

This game was most exciting, yah like TD mentioned we get fickeled in in karma at times but I feel this actually was one of the most fun and exciting games to watch.  Much improvement is what im seeing in the past few games and seeing Vlad play like this, Weegar scoring his biggest goal of his career (he mentioned that post game), and watching the young guns adapt into pro hockey Govich is awesome! Has me actually positive overall although maybe I don't show it enough.  

Got some crazy fans in here albeit, I think I just bought into it with the antics so blame TD and the likes 🤪.

4 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

This game was most exciting, yah like TD mentioned we get fickeled in in karma at times but I feel this actually was one of the most fun and exciting games to watch.  Much improvement is what im seeing in the past few games and seeing Vlad play like this, Weegar scoring his biggest goal of his career (he mentioned that post game), and watching the young guns adapt into pro hockey Govich is awesome! Has me actually positive overall although maybe I don't show it enough.  

Got some crazy fans in here albeit, I think I just bought into it with the antics so blame TD and the likes 🤪.

I stand accused and plead the 5th.  I was alluding to Ras scoring the GWG in a game where we were trashing him for his questionable play.  Similar result where we were calling out Backlund and he scored.  It's funny.  Same reason I talk about shutouts during the game.  

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

The flu thing has me a bit concerned for the next start.  Practice today and game on tomorrow.  DAL will come hard at us.  Need whatever goalie to be 100%.  If we see an emergency recall later today, we know the starter.

Think after coache;s presser they said tomorrow was a maintenance day.  So probably a rest day and keep people away from the rink.  Don;t need the flu going around your team

3 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Think after coache;s presser they said tomorrow was a maintenance day.  So probably a rest day and keep people away from the rink.  Don;t need the flu going around your team

As you know, you tend to be a carrier days during the course of the illness.  The late sickness has me concerned that he will be weak and a bit off by Wednesday.  Vladar showed great resolve by coming in with zero prep.  He worked extra time as the backup in practice.  All I am saying is go with the healthy guy.  An extra day of rest is never a bad thing.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I stand accused and plead the 5th.  I was alluding to Ras scoring the GWG in a game where we were trashing him for his questionable play.  Similar result where we were calling out Backlund and he scored.  It's funny.  Same reason I talk about shutouts during the game.  

Yeah I realise there is some reverse karma stuff going on with calling out guys and the shut out for the enemy keeper.

Usually wouldn't comment but yesterdays seemed more than usual negative when I had just watched them play pretty well.  But all in the eye of the beholder.

I like that Huska shortens the bench and goes with the players he thinks are working.  It's one of the things we moaned about Sutter not doing last year.