GDT - Golden Knights @ Flames 27 November 2023 - 7:30pm MST

Ryan Man

11 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Yeah I realise there is some reverse karma stuff going on with calling out guys and the shut out for the enemy keeper.

Usually wouldn't comment but yesterdays seemed more than usual negative when I had just watched them play pretty well.  But all in the eye of the beholder.

I like that Huska shortens the bench and goes with the players he thinks are working.  It's one of the things we moaned about Sutter not doing last year.

I think some of the negativity was spurred on by a couple of using reverse karma.  I tried to drag it back to good stuff.  There was some truth to the frustration of the PP woes and certain players doing certain things.  It's not so much that the coach benched the kids but that a few players escaped the ire while doing as poorly or worse.

I get a little frustrated with the coach at times.  He makes a lot of astute decisions, but some leave you scratching your head.  Like when Hunt was in games and he gets put out there late trying to tie the game.  Just head scratchers.  I rarely give up on a game until it's so far out of reach.  Still watch it.  

That had to be one of the more entertaining games this season.  Make a mistake, oh we get a save.  Their goalie down and out and we are doing everything but scoring.  Our goalie staring down breakaways.  A furious PP extending into OT and not one whistle for 4:55 of OT, all but the PP played 4v4.  A GWG on an end to end rush with Backlund either picking or bumping a player and possibly being offside.  Start the car.  We just beat the cup champs in a goalie battle.  If we play that way in Vegas we may win for the first time there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Yeah I realise there is some reverse karma stuff going on with calling out guys and the shut out for the enemy keeper.

Usually wouldn't comment but yesterdays seemed more than usual negative when I had just watched them play pretty well.  But all in the eye of the beholder.

I like that Huska shortens the bench and goes with the players he thinks are working.  It's one of the things we moaned about Sutter not doing last year.

At the end of the day we all want the same outcome, definite in the eye of the beholder tis why its rare I even comment in roster lines, trades, etc. in the main forums section. Everyone has an opinion and I only like mine (lol) kidding of course I just dont comment hardly except game days because no matter what opinion one has there is always an adversary which I myself cant stand (being retired now had enough of others opinions being in management I bit my tongue too many times and took the high road). Being open with different opinions is truly healthy I will state that.

Flames are improving thats all that matters, yes we can be better but I think in the next few years we are and will trend as a contender we have lots of young players who are moving in the right direction and im excited for them.

5 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The flu thing has me a bit concerned for the next start.  Practice today and game on tomorrow.  DAL will come hard at us.  Need whatever goalie to be 100%.  If we see an emergency recall later today, we know the starter.

Made reference to a Wednesday night game, but it's Thursday.