GDT - Flames @ Stars; 24-November-2023; 6:30pm MST SNW/O/E

conundrumed

Unfortunately, I was not at home for the game and have only seen the highlights.

From that very limited viewing, I only saw one goal that Markstrom SHOULD have stopped.

Tanev and Hanifin had a good night.

Scoring was spread out very well among the 4 lines.

Sharangovich was my star of the game. I especially liked his post game comment: “I think it's really a good comeback. The first two periods weren't good. The third period, we played more aggressive, better forecheck. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

Unfortunately, I was not at home for the game and have only seen the highlights.

From that very limited viewing, I only saw one goal that Markstrom SHOULD have stopped.

Tanev and Hanifin had a good night.

Scoring was spread out very well among the 4 lines.

Sharangovich was my star of the game. I especially liked his post game comment: “I think it's really a good comeback. The first two periods weren't good. The third period, we played more aggressive, better forecheck. 

In the heat of the game we want our goalies to stop everything. It's not happening and there will be bad ones too.

We just need to differentiate between, "should have had" and "bad" goal. That's where the problem lies.

I 'don't think any were "bad". Every goalie would like a 2nd chance at every goal. It's like that last moment when you have an accident and, "why did I do that" screams at you. Goalies get that sensation every day.lol

Russians need to train everyone else how to do interviews!!

Got to say I enjoyed that!  But then again when we went 1-0 down after 90 seconds I did say frel it and looked at the score.  So I wasn't neervous at any time 😄

I thought Matkstrom was fine.

Zary was quiet throughout but the pass to Backs was top draw.

Sharangovich probably his best game as a Flame.

Kudos to the 4th line.

Go Flames Go!

11 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The original?  I thought it was Boston.  Then again dumpy cities all look the same.  LOL

I say that sittiing in Edmonton.

In the intro they do a fly-by of Boston because that is where the story takes place - but the actual filming was in Toronto, imitating Boston. 

11 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Love it!! Seen both several times. They were teasing more, but Walking Dead got in the way for 'Murphy MacManus'.

Exactly. The original movie is superior in my eyes. One of my all time faves. 

Also, way to go Flames. Good battle back. But the winning has to stop if we want any significant change to happen… right? Right??!? 🥴

• conundrumed changed the title to GDT - Flames @ Stars; 24-November-2023; 6:30pm MST SNW/O/E
5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

In the heat of the game we want our goalies to stop everything. It's not happening and there will be bad ones too.

We just need to differentiate between, "should have had" and "bad" goal. That's where the problem lies.

I 'don't think any were "bad". Every goalie would like a 2nd chance at every goal. It's like that last moment when you have an accident and, "why did I do that" screams at you. Goalies get that sensation every day.lol

Russians need to train everyone else how to do interviews!!

Your 100% correct here but the definition on a "bad goal" is different with every fan.  To me and I quote "me" a bad goal is where a goalie could or should have made a save binding there was no traffic in front, screening, tip-ins, interference whereas the puck was in straight line with a goalie to make a save provided he is in the correct position period.  Now a bad goal let in is compensated with "great saves" which in turn usually is higher whereas last night for example Marky performed very well.

Bottom line, we all note bad goals probably more then the great saves more so when our team loses.

The media is great at highlighting this.

I believe there were two goals Marky should have had the save but it is what it is this happens almost every night with every team , but the team had a great comeback and overall I think Marky is performing exceptionally well as of late.

18 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Your 100% correct here but the definition on a "bad goal" is different with every fan.  To me and I quote "me" a bad goal is where a goalie could or should have made a save binding there was no traffic in front, screening, tip-ins, interference whereas the puck was in straight line with a goalie to make a save provided he is in the correct position period.  Now a bad goal let in is compensated with "great saves" which in turn usually is higher whereas last night for example Marky performed very well.

Bottom line, we all note bad goals probably more then the great saves more so when our team loses.

The media is great at highlighting this.

I believe there were two goals Marky should have had the save but it is what it is this happens almost every night with every team , but the team had a great comeback and overall I think Marky is performing exceptionally well as of late.

It's nice to see speed guns used more often now with US teams. People used to be floored by slapshots >100mph.

Starting to see some players pushing wrist shots past 90mph with great accuracy. They should have wrist shots in the ASG like they have slapshots.

If Bedard isn't showing everyone where stick technology is at now...it's more like a slingshot. So when people really think Markstrom should have had Johnson's shot, I beg to differ. A fast release and accurately placed 80+mph, even from the high slot, is what the top kids are doing these days. Those shots are also accelerating when they leave the stick. It's getting worse for goalies. Now they're even starting to work out releases from the heels and toes of sticks. It's getting crazy. When you see Bedard and how that puck leaves like a bullet, other young players can do that almost as well. Johnson happens to be one of them. The moment I saw the open ice he had, I was thinking "aww F%^&". These guys have shot 1000 pucks/day for 10 years with ever-improving sticks. Those shots are going to become a bigger problem moving forward. Slow motion makes it look easy.

It's stick to net in a very small decimal of a second. All a goalie can do is pray.lol

Great Comebackwin in the third against one of the best teams in the west.

Both goalies didn't have a good game, though kudos to Marky taking a page out of Vladdar's book and shutting it down in the 3rd. Great game by the Lindholm & 4th line and a filthy pass from Zary.

I'd say last season we would have lost after Dallas scored the 4th goal, so nice to see the Flames battling hard to the end, even when they're not playing great. I can't really imagine where we would be in the standings, if we could cut down on the big individual mistakes (especially turnovers).

• Like 1