Flames Offence

robrob74

I figured since there was a Flames Defence thread I would start a Flames offence thread. 

I saw an article in The Athletic on Savard being an offensive coach. Too bad about his playbook being stolen. I'd ask and be like, hey guys, I just want a copy and the rights to my plays... here is the link.

https://theathletic.com/4882786/2023/10/08/calgary-flames-marc-savard-coach/

i hope it can make a difference in the offence and creativity can thrive. I like the sound of an offence being constantly in motion. 

one of the pp plays they described in The Athletic reminds me of how Mullen used to play. 

I hope this becomes a popular thread for the right reasons.

My hope: move the puck faster and outright trade a couple of forwards for a couple of players that enjoy the sandbox in front of the other team's net. Even Corey Perry would look like an upgrade atm. Too much thinking, not enough doing.

Need to get goalies moving and mess with their sightlines. 42 shots they can see are 42 they will stop. Tic-tac-toe goals have become a rarity for us, and we don't really have the prick standing in front of the goalie ala Holmstrom. Then we can cringe over this type of thing:

• Like 1