Hockey's Bo Jackson

jjgallow

So, legit question....

What does hockey have in the way of Multi-sport, and multi-position Pro Athletes?

I'm just curious as not much immediate comes to mind.  First neuron that fired said Gary Leeman darts lol.  That neuron needs to die off.

Next in my mind was Gretzky, not a shocker that he had his choice of pro sports.   But he only ever really got paid for the hockey and wasn't nearly at the same level in baseball.

Curious ...Trivia experts who know:

Who are some prominent Bo-Jackson type NHLers?

ALSO:

Goalies who can play Forward or D?

D who can play forward?    ***  I'm actually shocked we don't see more of this.   Sometimes I think if they let Hanifin play wing I'd like him more as a player.

Lionel Conacher - hockey (won Stanley Cups with both the Chicago Black Hawks and Montreal Maroons, football (won Grey Cup with Toronto Argonauts), boxing (won multiple championships as a teenager and even fought Jack Dempsey), baseball (won International League title with Toronto Maple Leafs), lacrosse (won championship in the International Professional Lacrosse League), & wrestling (won multiple championships as a teenager).

He passed away in 1954 during a softball game between MPs and parliamentary media members.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

Lionel Conacher - hockey (won Stanley Cups with both the Chicago Black Hawks and Montreal Maroons, football (won Grey Cup with Toronto Argonauts), boxing (won multiple championships as a teenager and even fought Jack Dempsey), baseball (won International League title with Toronto Maple Leafs), lacrosse (won championship in the International Professional Lacrosse League), & wrestling (won multiple championships as a teenager).

He passed away in 1954 during a softball game between MPs and parliamentary media members.

Holy Satoshi Nakamoto!

4 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Conacher

Wow.  That will be hard to beat lol

Interesting that Cory Conacher is related

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Should we move along to hockey's Bojack Horseman?

Alex Galchenyuk maybe?

lol.   Galchenyuk's too banged up I think?   I'm guessing he's a case of painkiller problems.  Purely speculation and more a generalisation about the nhl than him.

Sutter came to mind

On 7/23/2023 at 7:03 AM, conundrumed said:

Should we move along to hockey's Bojack Horseman?

Alex Galchenyuk maybe?

This week, Crime in Sports will release episode 365... I wonder if Galchenyuk, gets in there before #400. They usually like to let it percolate awhile, but this guy is cementing his place!

Love.

• Haha 1