GDT - Kinks at Flames - Tuesday March 28, 2023

travel_dude

Damn, slept through the whole thing and being blacked-out means no replay. Looks like a great goalie battle and Walker Duehr is officially found money. We are in it again.lol I'm almost excited but still trying to overcome the, "fool me 14 times" that this season has become.

I really had zero fear coming into this year that I could watch the Wings develop and the Flames be my playoff team. Now I have to be hopeful again because LA has been dominant and added a very good goalie. I'm sure they'll take it out on Edmonton Thursday night. Unfortunately they'll be playing the other goalie as they ease Korpisalo in as their playoff goalie. I still remember him almost single-handedly beating out the Leaks in the covid playdown while I was surrounded by Leaks fans. Still can't thank him enough.lol

8 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Damn, slept through the whole thing and being blacked-out means no replay. Looks like a great goalie battle and Walker Duehr is officially found money. We are in it again.lol I'm almost excited but still trying to overcome the, "fool me 14 times" that this season has become.

I really had zero fear coming into this year that I could watch the Wings develop and the Flames be my playoff team. Now I have to be hopeful again because LA has been dominant and added a very good goalie. I'm sure they'll take it out on Edmonton Thursday night. Unfortunately they'll be playing the other goalie as they ease Korpisalo in as their playoff goalie. I still remember him almost single-handedly beating out the Leaks in the covid playdown while I was surrounded by Leaks fans. Still can't thank him enough.lol

I'm no longer sure of anything.  We have 4th line and Zaddy/Stetcher pairing out for a goal against.

Then they get a timely rebound goal on a nothing shot, because of a Lucic hit and a fast skating Duehr.

Weegar and Gilbert out with them.

LA was bad last night and still kept it close (overturned goal on offside and missed 2004 goal not withstanding).

Sutter almost gives the game away with his dumb start of the 4th line players on the end of a PP.

I believe LA hit the post on that shift.

Markstrom deserves a lot for this win.

LA was sluggish and had a lot of turnovers and we scored on goals Korpi had no chance on.

Possibly because of the first game at elevation on a road trip.

VAN and NAS will decide our fate.

They are the two teams that have the most to play for and have beaten us.

No wins in 2 games against NAS.

Even in the games against VAN, but we play 2 in their barn.

WPG seems to be imploding but still play us tough.

Playing flawless hockey for the last 7 games seems next to impossible.

If we managed that, we would either be unstoppable in the playoffs, or so burnt out from the fight that we waste 8 days.

Love the win but really if not for Markstrom this was over with the number of giveaways and breakdowns. I see the last period of the Sharks/Peg game and if not for Reimer yeah it was a different story. The Sharks had no right to win that game. There is going to have to be a huge breakdown from NSH and Win for us to get in. The real question is do you want to get in? With all the negative and the FIRE SUTTER chants is this going to make it worse or better in Flames ville if they do squeak in.  

49 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Love the win but really if not for Markstrom this was over with the number of giveaways and breakdowns. I see the last period of the Sharks/Peg game and if not for Reimer yeah it was a different story. The Sharks had no right to win that game. There is going to have to be a huge breakdown from NSH and Win for us to get in. The real question is do you want to get in? With all the negative and the FIRE SUTTER chants is this going to make it worse or better in Flames ville if they do squeak in.  

If we make the playoffs and win the cup, the noise is going to be quiet.

Make the playoffs and lose?  Not sure, depends on the reasons.

Some see last playoffs loss as a combination of coaching and other factors.

If the big plus for this coach is winning in the playoffs and he doesn't get it done, then what?

Systems are only as successful as the results show.