GDT - Flames at Flyers - November 21, 2022 - 5:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

Liked that they came out strong in the 3rd and a desire to push the play and keep the puck away from the flyers. A positive to keep building on and a good two points of course. 

but Philly is a bad team decimated from injuries. Flames had to be strong in this one. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

One of Ruzie's softer games that I saw.

Minutes seemed reflective of it.

Really only Linholm had decent minutes of that line.

Ruzie 11:38

Toffoli 13:56

Lindy 16:11

The differences seem to be special teams for Ruzie vs Toffoli.

long been the knock on him. So talented but his motor comes and goes and it went in this game. 

I hope he can bust that narrative. 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

long been the knock on him. So talented but his motor comes and goes and it went in this game. 

I hope he can bust that narrative. 

He looked different, not the same way he was playing in other games.

But then again, the whole line looked a bit off.

Ruzie ony really played a couple shifts less than Toffoli, who played on the PK.

I'm not really concerned with one game.

But it seems like he was stapled to the bench at the 8:50 mark.

Toffoli only played the equivalent of one shift after that.

This club goes in spurts. It was nice to see that others outside the first two lines have scored. Each game we have glimpses of what we can be, those glimpses are getting more lenghty as we go on. The brain farts and bad goaltending is alarming though it seems Markstrom is well below average in his abilities this season. The hardest thing to watch is Lucic on the ice WOW. He is like a momentum deflator everynight, the play just dies on his stick. Last night you could see why Ruzicka gets his reputation, gets comfortable and gets lazy.  Both he and Toffili were invisible last night extremely noticable. If was a fair call that Sutter stapled their arses to the bench. Most players gain momentum and ride the train with Rozie it appears the opposite gets momentum and just coasts through it, let hope he gets a reality check from last night. 

This game should have been no where near close as it was. Depleted Flyers team Flames should have won with ease, but no it was a struggle to close out , thats whats concerning. With the roster changes and injuries we are just above .500 hockey, which is optimistic with what can be. I still say once they figure it out it could be good, just need to get rid of the passanger attitude and few roster changes which should help. My only complaint with Sutter is his loyalty to Lucic and veterans, out side of that have no issues with how he runs the system 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

This club goes in spurts. It was nice to see that others outside the first two lines have scored. Each game we have glimpses of what we can be, those glimpses are getting more lenghty as we go on. The brain farts and bad goaltending is alarming though it seems Markstrom is well below average in his abilities this season. The hardest thing to watch is Lucic on the ice WOW. He is like a momentum deflator everynight, the play just dies on his stick. Last night you could see why Ruzicka gets his reputation, gets comfortable and gets lazy.  Both he and Toffili were invisible last night extremely noticable. If was a fair call that Sutter stapled their arses to the bench. Most players gain momentum and ride the train with Rozie it appears the opposite gets momentum and just coasts through it, let hope he gets a reality check from last night. 

This game should have been no where near close as it was. Depleted Flyers team Flames should have won with ease, but no it was a struggle to close out , thats whats concerning. With the roster changes and injuries we are just above .500 hockey, which is optimistic with what can be. I still say once they figure it out it could be good, just need to get rid of the passanger attitude and few roster changes which should help. My only complaint with Sutter is his loyalty to Lucic and veterans, out side of that have no issues with how he runs the system 

Lucic is being used to kill off a minute per shift, not really generate a scoring chance but bottle up the other team and make them use energy.

That's all you can expect from a 4th line on this team.  We aren't a team that uses rookies there for development purposes.

But, I would agree that he tends to lose the puck.  

Markstrom wasn't bad last night.  Made the saves he needed to.  The Mangiapane giveaway was a wide open chance, so most don't stop that.

The other was deflected, so not much he can do about that.  To say it shouldn't have been close doesn't take into account that any game can be won by any team.

There is no certain wins anymore.  I also think that a game that is 3-2 keeps the team engaged.  We have gotten big leads before and fallen apart.

We didn't.  After it was 3-2 we took a penalty, so we could have packed it in.  We didn't.

Last night I saw a game from Ruzie like every other player has had this season.  It happens.  The line wasn't clicking, so it's not just him.

They shortened the bench as a result, so other lines got more minutes.  No big deal.  If it happens a couple games in a row, then more concern.