GDT FLAMES @ Oilers Sat 22 Jan 2022

rocketdoctor

Just now, The_Snowbear said:

they said at intermission backs had to take that or mcbaby had a breakaway

Well, if you are on the wrong side of the player, then yes they would have a breakaway.

He did get the chance, but was slowed up just enough.

Hard to say if he scores, but it was too close to the end of the period to take that chance.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yes, you would think they aim for the glove now.

He's not a horrible goalie. I think his mechanics are off. He's great low. But he needs to bring his glove up in his stance.

It always looks low to me. He'd be faster with his glove cheating high. Faster to drop it than raise it.

He's a good goalie, but he's being scapegoated. He needs better coaching probably.

Shoot high glove.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He's not a horrible goalie. I think his mechanics are off. He's great low. But he needs to bring his glove up in his stance.

It always looks low to me. He'd be faster with his glove cheating high. Faster to drop it than raise it.

He's a good goalie, but he's being scapegoated. He needs better coaching probably.

Shoot high glove.

He's beaten us a lot.  

Even this season he was good until they rode him into the ground.

He's better is you never aim for the glove.

Smith is the one they love there.

Don;t know why.

He's crap now was crap for us.

Hasn;t won anything in the playoffs since he was a Coyote.

Well, a lot of details are missing in the flames game tonight but it’s a tie game and winnable. Need to can the errant passes and giveaways, and establish more ozone time. We’re letting them off easy tonight. Reminds me of the game in Florida where we tried to run and gun. Reel It in boys and take it home. 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Well, a lot of details are missing in the flames game tonight but it’s a tie game and winnable. Need to can the errant passes and giveaways, and establish more ozone time. We’re letting them off easy tonight. Reminds me of the game in Florida where we tried to run and gun. Reel It in boys and take it home. 

Shoot.  It's that simple.

They are trying 10% passes when they have a line to the net.

Pass it to the guy on the wing that has no angle and is covered by a player or two.

FFS, stop giving the refs an excuse to call a penalty.