FLAMES @ Blackhawks - Sun 2 Jan 2022

rocketdoctor

31 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Gaudreau now 7th most points as a Flame.

Who did he pass?  I googled, got a different result

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/calgary-flames-players-career-nhl-stats.html

Looking on that list of players, in terms of talent alone, I'd have to rank them:

1.  Gaudreau

2.  Fleury

3.  Niewendyk

I want to put MacInnis up in the talent list but I can't decide if a slap shot counts as talent.    

Then you've got Suter, who was actually pretty talented, and then those players with sorter stays:

Makarov, Nilsson, Loob, Mullen, Gilmour, Lany, Tkachuk, Housley all special.   Lots of debate to be had after Gaudreau but I don't think any of these guys were anywhere near his talent, not even Makarov or Nilsson.

Going to the FLA teams and Carolina will be something. I watch quite a bit of the Cats. A bit of the other 2.

We have to be mistake-free. Can't cheat a single bit with them. Just wait for their mistakes.

All 3 teams are high event teams. We have to keep it reeaalllly low event.

All 3 are waaay faster than us. It's gonna be a ride.

Can't wait.

10 hours ago, jjgallow said:

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/calgary-flames-players-career-nhl-stats.html

Looking on that list of players, in terms of talent alone, I'd have to rank them:

1.  Gaudreau

2.  Fleury

3.  Niewendyk

I want to put MacInnis up in the talent list but I can't decide if a slap shot counts as talent.    

Then you've got Suter, who was actually pretty talented, and then those players with sorter stays:

Makarov, Nilsson, Loob, Mullen, Gilmour, Lany, Tkachuk, Housley all special.   Lots of debate to be had after Gaudreau but I don't think any of these guys were anywhere near his talent, not even Makarov or Nilsson.

SKCjB5ah_normal.png

Johnny Gaudreau now has 530 points and is in sole possession of 7th on the #FlamesNHLTeam_2021_Flames.png all-time leaderboard.

11 hours ago, jjgallow said:

1.  Gaudreau

2.  Fleury

3.  Niewendyk

Heard this on the broadcast, but here is the tweet about it:

Gaudreau’s three points gave him 530 points with the Flames, passing Guy Chouinard for 7th all-time on the franchise’s leaderboard.

I admit that any stats I looked up showed Gaudreau passing Gio, but that was some time ago.