FLAMES @ Golden Knights Sun 5 Dec 2021

rocketdoctor

Quite the melee in leaf land too. Looks like they don’t respond too well to physicality either. Simmonds is only one guy - Spezza getting involved, Matthews… come to think of it, I think hair boy Willie Nilly was already on the flight to the next game once the physicality started! Or maybe he scratched himself from the game when he saw WPG as the opponent. 😂

Just now, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

It will be interesting if anything comes of it. I've seen a lot worse hits barely get a 2 min minor.

I there was no injury, then less chance of missing a game.

But, I guess if you compare to Lucic's hit, he didn't get a game either.

The thing about CMD's was that it was predatory.

It wasn;t a hockey play, it was meant for payback.

Target was the head, and there is no way to sell that as the victim's fault.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I there was no injury, then less chance of missing a game.

But, I guess if you compare to Lucic's hit, he didn't get a game either.

The thing about CMD's was that it was predatory.

It wasn;t a hockey play, it was meant for payback.

Target was the head, and there is no way to sell that as the victim's fault.

You raise some interesting points. It’s true it was a targeted retaliation. Hmmm

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Quite the melee in leaf land too. Looks like they don’t respond too well to physicality either. Simmonds is only one guy - Spezza getting involved, Matthews… come to think of it, I think hair boy Willie Nilly was already on the flight to the next game once the physicality started! Or maybe he scratched himself from the game when he saw WPG as the opponent. 😂

Willie is typical of a player that dishes but can't take it.

He would be more likely to throw his glove or get in a slapping match.

For this game, we should be intimidating them, not letting them control the O zone.

I’m all for equality, I’ve been supportive of Cassie historically, I’m just…. Tired of waiting for her to improve her commentary. She misses the mark so often and doesn’t really add color to the play by play. Apologies, but it’s getting increasingly annoying. 

2 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I’m all for equality, I’ve been supportive of Cassie historically, I’m just…. Tired of waiting for her to improve her commentary. She misses the mark so often and doesn’t really add color to the play by play. Apologies, but it’s getting increasingly annoying. 

Time to move on.

She reads stats more than she says anything of value.

We haven't had anyone of any great skills in years.

Hrudey?  Nope.

Hextall?  Nails on chalkboard, but she doesn;t really have the flow for the game.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Time to move on.

She reads stats more than she says anything of value.

We haven't had anyone of any great skills in years.

Hrudey?  Nope.

Hextall?  Nails on chalkboard, but she doesn;t really have the flow for the game.

Or, maybe I’m just complaining about her because I can’t complain about the flames this season? 😂 No no, you’re right. It’s time to move on. I like Hrudey tho. Where he lacks he makes up for in personality. Fun guy. I’d still like to have Loubo back on TV. “That’s some kind of save!”

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Or, maybe I’m just complaining about her because I can’t complain about the flames this season? 😂 No no, you’re right. It’s time to move on. I like Hrudey tho. Where he lacks he makes up for in personality. Fun guy. I’d still like to have Loubo back on TV. “That’s some kind of save!”

You remember Loubo and that other guy?

"Doink"

"The product of Kindersley...."