the night lindholm became captain

Horsman1

Well If a player can be identified as too selfish for his own good.. Tonight was the night.. Johny Hockey's most personal important game in years.. and Tkachuk pulls up lame with zero shots on net and a rotten selfish attitude with  taking horrible selfish penalties  for no reason except somebody hurt his feelings. Lindholm however recognized the importance of todays game and put in a damn fine effort to showcase the talent that all were present to see in the little train that could..If this season goes south.. Id be willing to bet that tonight was a big reason why. with new bride in tow and several friends and family in attendance.. this is the game of the year for Johny Hochey... Johnny.. from Flames fans around the world.. Thank you.. nuff said... game on !!!!

6 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

Well If a player can be identified as too selfish for his own good.. Tonight was the night.. Johny Hockey's most personal important game in years.. and Tkachuk pulls up lame with zero shots on net and a rotten selfish attitude with  taking horrible selfish penalties  for no reason except somebody hurt his feelings. Lindholm however recognized the importance of todays game and put in a damn fine effort to showcase the talent that all were present to see in the little train that could..If this season goes south.. Id be willing to bet that tonight was a big reason why. with new bride in tow and several friends and family in attendance.. this is the game of the year for Johny Hochey... Johnny.. from Flames fans around the world.. Thank you.. nuff said... game on !!!!

I'm confused with the title and what you are saying.

If the season goes south, is it Johnny's fault?

I love Lindholm, but I'm not sure he's a guy that everyone listens to.

Tanev, Gaudreau lead on the ice.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I'm confused with the title and what you are saying.

If the season goes south, is it Johnny's fault?

I love Lindholm, but I'm not sure he's a guy that everyone listens to.

Tanev, Gaudreau lead on the ice.

I think they mean that Lindholm showed up but Tkachuk, who a lot deemed the next captain prior to last season, is showing a lot of selfishness in his game. I thought similar. 

I don’t know if his hit on the player near the goalie was warranted or for show? It seemed theatrical to me, but then, also, want to protect the best player on the team and let players know not to come near them, or else. But I don’t remember if that was a penalty. But it was boardering on one of it wasnt, in a game where we took a lot of penalties.

the team is 5th in the league in penalties. The PK better be good, and they do get a lot of practice. 

but I’m really liking Lindholm’s game. And maybe he does deserve the captaincy. For the most part, he seems to be one who brings it every game, he has the right team first attitude. He’s what Monahan would be if Monahan could skate. 

ive officially put the Hamilton trade to bed! It’s buried! We win that one. Good job BT! 

now let’s get something for Hanifin while he’s got some value, and make Lindholm our captain. 
Lindholm is what Backlund could be if Backlund would hit the net more often. The amount of times he misses open nets would put him at 55-60 points per season. Not as much as Lindholm, but we’ve got a player there!

imagine what Carolina would be like if they were able to keep him…

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I think they mean that Lindholm showed up but Tkachuk, who a lot deemed the next captain prior to last season, is showing a lot of selfishness in his game. I thought similar. 

I don’t know if his hit on the player near the goalie was warranted or for show? It seemed theatrical to me, but then, also, want to protect the best player on the team and let players know not to come near them, or else. But I don’t remember if that was a penalty. But it was boardering on one of it wasnt, in a game where we took a lot of penalties.

the team is 5th in the league in penalties. The PK better be good, and they do get a lot of practice. 

but I’m really liking Lindholm’s game. And maybe he does deserve the captaincy. For the most part, he seems to be one who brings it every game, he has the right team first attitude. He’s what Monahan would be if Monahan could skate. 

ive officially put the Hamilton trade to bed! It’s buried! We win that one. Good job BT! 

now let’s get something for Hanifin while he’s got some value, and make Lindholm our captain. 
Lindholm is what Backlund could be if Backlund would hit the net more often. The amount of times he misses open nets would put him at 55-60 points per season. Not as much as Lindholm, but we’ve got a player there!

imagine what Carolina would be like if they were able to keep him…

The stick to the mask of the goalie was called.

Unlike the backhander the other game, this one was harder to say it was the right call.

You are going for the puck.  It's not like a high stick on a player standing up.

It seemed like the puck was frozen or close to it, so I will say it's probably the right call.

Can't say for sure it was intentional.

I'm okay in moving Hanifin, but not unless we get a top 4 LD somehow.

Kylington may be more skilled and a better 200 foot player, but he's not ready for 22 minutes.

Chychrun would be ideal for a target.

Would even throw in a 1st and Ruzicka.

Probably wouldn't get it done.

Just to add trade talk in another thread....

Monahan to MTL for Dvorak.

Hanifin + 1st + Valimaki for Chychrun.

We get a top D, plus a 200 foot C that is not fitting well in MTL.

Then we figure out what the lines look like:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Mangiapane

Tkachuk-Dvorak-Dube

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Ruzicka-Duehr/Lewis

Chychrun-Ras

Kylington-Tanen

Zaddy-Guddy

Stone

27 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The stick to the mask of the goalie was called.

Unlike the backhander the other game, this one was harder to say it was the right call.

You are going for the puck.  It's not like a high stick on a player standing up.

It seemed like the puck was frozen or close to it, so I will say it's probably the right call.

Can't say for sure it was intentional.

I'm okay in moving Hanifin, but not unless we get a top 4 LD somehow.

Kylington may be more skilled and a better 200 foot player, but he's not ready for 22 minutes.

Chychrun would be ideal for a target.

Would even throw in a 1st and Ruzicka.

Probably wouldn't get it done.

Just to add trade talk in another thread....

Monahan to MTL for Dvorak.

Hanifin + 1st + Valimaki for Chychrun.

We get a top D, plus a 200 foot C that is not fitting well in MTL.

Then we figure out what the lines look like:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Mangiapane

Tkachuk-Dvorak-Dube

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Ruzicka-Duehr/Lewis

Chychrun-Ras

Kylington-Tanen

Zaddy-Guddy

Stone

to clean up your post, then you make Lindholm the captain 😝 after all of those trades. 

I like it!

24 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

to clean up your post, then you make Lindholm the captain 😝 after all of those trades. 

I like it!

I don't think we name the cap'n this season.

We give an A to Lindy.

In an alternate universe, we trade Monahan for Forsberg.

Give him the A and negotiate an extension IMMEDIATELY.

If he isn't a center, then we move Dube there.

I'm becoming less of a Tkachuk fan on a nightly basis.

Maybe we do Tkachuk for Forsberg and Monahan for Dvorak.

All of a sudden we have two top 6 RHS.

Then slap an A on Forsberg.

53 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I don't think we name the cap'n this season.

We give an A to Lindy.

In an alternate universe, we trade Monahan for Forsberg.

Give him the A and negotiate an extension IMMEDIATELY.

If he isn't a center, then we move Dube there.

I'm becoming less of a Tkachuk fan on a nightly basis.

Maybe we do Tkachuk for Forsberg and Monahan for Dvorak.

All of a sudden we have two top 6 RHS.

Then slap an A on Forsberg.

and then name the captain next year? 

36 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's a big thing.

Maybe whomever is really leading this team into the playoffs should be named C at the start of it.

It has to be a guy the refs respect.

ya, it is clear that Tkachuk’s reputation has been a bit smeared with the refs. 

IMO, the team clearly wants to give the captaincy to Tkachuk but will use it as a bargaining chip this summer.  One thing to note is that while his stats are down, he's sacrificing his stats by playing on the off wing all season.  He's taking a huge hit for the team.  Moving to the off wing is not an easy transition for every player and in Tkachuk's case, his game is not designed to take advantage of a Left shot coming down Right wing.  Tkachuk is not a shooter.

So depending on his stats, we could possibly get him signed long term for a bit cheaper than we thought.  Give him the captaincy.  Then use his contract as the new team cap like we did with Giordano and keep everyone else's cap in check.

Lindy deserves the "A" at minimum, not sure yet about wearing the "C" yet , I think Tkachuk is wearing on us including myself, too much drama and dumb penalties.

Yah we need someone to get ugly and greasy in front of the net but keep its a bit overboard for me with the after whistle "poor me", drama.

Monahan looks really sluggish , I still have hopes for him I really want him to find his position on the team up front but maybe trade potential if there is decent value.

I agree with an earlier post Tkachuk has smeared his reputation with the ref's, sorry ranting on him again.

Flames are doing ok, just need to find a way to win in Overtime games, all positives for goaltending wow.