FLAMES @ Capitals Sat 23 Oct 2021

rocketdoctor

Who takes the first minor penalty for the Flames tonight?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the first minor penalty for the Flames tonight?

• Backland
    • Ritchie
    • Dube
    • Tkchuck
    • Pitlick
    • Anderson
    • Other

16 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Not the prettiest debut for Vladar but pulled through and a nice pass for his first point and win, and probably means more to him given his performance against them last year.  Nice to be able to throw a backup in against the toughest team on a road trip and pull out the win, not something we can say were used to.

darth vader fist shake GIF

He was scored on by snipers....

But, they are stoppable, so he has to get used to skilled shots like that.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Risky call gooing with the guy who didn't have a shutout last game, but I think it's a reasonable decision.

We have been good in bouncing back.

We aren't in a hole, so it's a positive.

I almost think Kylington and Hathaway are going to scrap.

Wilson deserves a smackdown, and Mantha was a little bit of a douchebag.

It seems to me 99 % of time when we had a shutout that same goalie would lose the next game so in my little mind good decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

nope.

We got what we deserved in the 2nd.

Served them right.

What the hell was that?

Watched the 3 goals again, and it is what it is.

Shorty was a poor bump back by Ras, left JH little time and space to make a decent play.  Sneaky 5 hole shot by Kuz.

2nd goal was lazy play by Looch that opened up a ton of room for the rookie to shoot. Stick side, just above his pads far side.

3rd goal was Ovi, Ras gave him the space for a clean shot.  Stick side.

The 2nd was terrible.  Stopped skating.  Got like 4 shots for the period.

12 hours ago, jjgallow said:

A win's win.  They have me surprised two games in a row now.

Or maybe the team is starting to settle down after a few years of crazy upheaval and things are starting to click…kinda what Sutter has been saying, they need to learn how to pay the right way in certain situations…and hence the experience issue.

it can’t be a coincidence that all the experienced guys are doing well under Sutter (gubs’s, Stone, Lucic…heck even Coleman) I get a sense, simple is best and that’s exactly Sutter and it has a tendency for boring hockey but also reliable steady results which more often than not win games.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Or maybe the team is starting to settle down after a few years of crazy upheaval and things are starting to click…kinda what Sutter has been saying, they need to learn how to pay the right way in certain situations…and hence the experience issue.

it can’t be a coincidence that all the experienced guys are doing well under Sutter (gubs’s, Stone, Lucic…heck even Coleman) I get a sense, simple is best and that’s exactly Sutter and it has a tendency for boring hockey but also reliable steady results which more often than not win games.

It would be nice.   I'm hardly about to throw the towel in on my off-season rhetoric but without a doubt they could not have picked a better coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

It would be nice.   I'm hardly about to throw the towel in on my off-season rhetoric but without a doubt they could not have picked a better coach.

What?

Actually, I am impressed that we beat the Caps.  When ws the last time that happened? 2017 by the looks of it.

No Backstrom, which may have helped.

20 minutes ago, zima said:

We have a long ways to go and Mony seems to have disappeared other than his -3 what has happened to him is he nothing with out JH on he line?

Ahh, no like anyone on a line with Lucic and Lewis he’s actually lucky to be -3 oh and he’s also only getting like 12 mins per game…he used to get what something crazy like 20/21 per game…hard to get a rhythm going on the 4th line with guys like that and greatly reduced play…I seem to recall Backlund was tethered to Lucic for a stretch last year and the same thing happened to Backlund…now I will admit I blamed it on Backlund just getting older and slower which he dose seem to be as th 2nd Ctr again but I will also admit he’s a heck of a lot better than when he was stuck with Lucic…it’s pretty clear if guys like Backlund, Bennet and now Monahan struggle the issue is the common denominator which is Lucic…they need to find a way to dump him honestly at the moment I could care less how, and if it even saves any money, at this point he’s clearly dragging any line and his line mates down so the spot could be better served with Raz or Gaudwin or well anyone at this point.

there is a reason why Monahan is on that line it’s gotta be one of:

1. Sutter just don’t like Monahan 

2. maybe trying to show how bad Lucic’s presence really is on any line with any one

3. and most probably, they are easing Monahan back, sheltering home, as to not risk him getting injured again 

or 

4. To force a trade to get Eichel, in the sense that maybe if they can be competitive without Monahan in the top lines they can wait for Eichel…though with that, it would definitely reduce Monahan’s trade anywhere which would have to be moved out to fit Eichel’s salary so it’s kinda an odd way to go.

in any event, those are pretty much the only reasons I can think why Monahan fell to the 4th line…can’t see a team penalizing a player for being hurt especially given how good  he has been for the team over all when healthy…