Nikita Zadorov signed

jjgallow

2 hours ago, zima said:

Sorry I think for what we got for Bennett we should have kept him Emil Heineman  will probably never see the NHL or possibly even the A unless you know something about this kid but so far he hasn't given me a very fuzzy feeling and the second next yr will probably be a very high pick possibly a late 50's  since we were kind enough to give up on Bennett which I know had to come since we obviously had no Idea how to place in this team funny how the Panthers had his number right away but like most say on here they have a more talented line up to help him succeed. I do wonder however if he will do as well next yr because I do remember him and Brouwer had a good thing going but once the reg season started he went to hell in a hand bag. 

He's 19 and played in the top league in Sweden last year.

Comparing him to Lucas Ratmond, who played in Finland's top league, they had similar results.

SHL is a better league than SM Liga.

I don't know what EH will ever be, but you are selling him pretty short at a young age.

Based on what?

Like Sak22 said, one of the reasons Treliving traded him to avoid having to expose him or another forward.  In retrospect though, I think trading Bennett might have been a mistake. And not just because he went on a run in Florida. 

People point to the trade as the point when Bennett started producing.  But he started before that with 6 points in 6 games when Sutter moved him up the line up.  Its not the first time he went on a point streak in Calgary, especially late season, but given that we had just hired a new coach I think giving Sam another season to see how he did with Sutter would have made sense.  I thought he was really coming along under Sutter, and Bennett himself said he was happy in Calgary with the coaching change.  

Sure, that would have put us in a situation where we would have decided to expose either Bennett or Dube.  But I don't know if Seattle picks up Dube over Giordano anyway, and if they did we would still have Giordano.  

We did get two seconds (essentially).  If we hit on one of them and/or if Treliving can translate the cap space from Giordano and Bennett to something impactful then we can call it all worked out.  But if not, and Bennett keeps performing, we may be looking back on that trade in a not very happy way.  

• Like 1