2021 Stockton Heat

17 hours ago, JTech780 said:

And here you have the bad with Ruzicka. Love the points, but he still has some things he needs to clean-up in his game.

I agree. he is getting points but when I've watched he still isn't screaming "call this guy up". I watch Phillips and I want him up here but Ruzicka I still want to see more consistency. 

Although to be fair that goal isn't entirely his fault. His support person (#8) was too far up ice or that never happens but it does go to show Ruzicka still needs to have the play slow down for him at times. 

46 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I agree. he is getting points but when I've watched he still isn't screaming "call this guy up". I watch Phillips and I want him up here but Ruzicka I still want to see more consistency. 

Although to be fair that goal isn't entirely his fault. His support person (#8) was too far up ice or that never happens but it does go to show Ruzicka still needs to have the play slow down for him at times. 

What in the world would we do with a player like Phillips that can pass and create chances?

He's too small like Gaudreau and Mangiapane to play in the NHL.

He's too small to play in the AHL.

(sarcasm off)

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

What in the world would we do with a player like Phillips that can pass and create chances?

He's too small like Gaudreau and Mangiapane to play in the NHL.

He's too small to play in the AHL.

(sarcasm off)

Call him a mixed bag of the two biggest criticisms we seem to have with our forwards.  Size he doesn't have, RHS he does.  

Just now, cross16 said:

I’m really starting to believe the Flames might have their next head coach in Cail Maclean. He continues to really impress and this year the Heat are just flying. Hopefully he doesn’t get poached in the next couple years. 

The Heat had the best PP and PK in the AHL last season under MacLean. That's impressive stuff 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The Heat had the best PP and PK in the AHL last season under MacLean. That's impressive stuff 

i don’t know how it will work out in the end but right now they look like a force. Every time I watch they are running over teams and dominating the possession. Think they have the top PP so far this year too. 

and he does this all with a really young team and many rookies or 2nd year pros. Very impressive. 

Really impressive win. Outside of a 10 min stretch on the 3rd, which I think was by design as the seemed to be playing safe, that game wasn’t close. 

the line of Zary-Ruzicka-Phillips is proving to be pretty unstoppable at this level. They almost always have the puck in the offensive zone 

That was about as a dominant performance as I have seen in awhile. Phillips should be in the NHL. Ruzicka is the beneficiary of Phillips playmaking, nice to see him on the PK. MacLean is trying develop Ruzicka's all around game. Zary belongs at this level, but I get that the WHL needs players like him to get fans in the building.

Pettersen shows flashes of his skill and skating, needs to do it on more consistent basis, but that will come. 

I am bigger on Pospisil than most, his skating has really improved. Good size, there is skill there, physical, plays with an edge often goes over the edge.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

That was about as a dominant performance as I have seen in awhile. Phillips should be in the NHL. Ruzicka is the beneficiary of Phillips playmaking, nice to see him on the PK. MacLean is trying develop Ruzicka's all around game. Zary belongs at this level, but I get that the WHL needs players like him to get fans in the building.

Pettersen shows flashes of his skill and skating, needs to do it on more consistent basis, but that will come. 

I am bigger on Pospisil than most, his skating has really improved. Good size, there is skill there, physical, plays with an edge often goes over the edge.

I’ve come around on Pospisil. He had the look of a caveman when they drafted him but you can see why they liked him. 

im not sure he’s close yet but he’s making good strides. 

2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Treliving might not have to look to far for a top 6 RHS RW, Phillips looks ready to make the jump. He is absolutely flying out there tonight.

I don't know exactly where he would fit, but he seems to be an awesome playmaker.

Would be fun to see him with a skilled line.

Maybe on the RW if Backlund?

Too much respinsibility?

Lucic would have his back.

51 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Good job heat 3-2 down and scored 2 in the last 2 mins for the 4-3 regulation win.

impressed with Phillips.

What is Galchencyuk doing in the AHL?

Ruzicka held off the scoresheet for ince.

Had gone a bunch of games in a row with 3 points per game.

Galchenyuk is in the AHL because the Leafs want him to develop his game without worrying about his spot in the lineup.

Makes sense I guess.

12 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Big win in OT, for the Heat. It wasn't the prettiest win, but they kept pushing. They were going hard to the net all night.

Last night was a good example of how I suspect the Heat are going to have to play much of the year. Because their D and goaltending aren't great they'll have to keep scoring their way out of it, but give them credit they did. 

a lot of d breakdowns though and Manitoba was allowed to walk right in on several occasions. I don't think Zag was great but also give him credit he did make several saves to keep them in it and give them a chance. 

Back to back pointless game for Ruzicka, which is not that big a deal but I think it does show he has more work to do before he is in the mix for a call up. He's good at finishing plays but his play away from the puck is still a work in progress. 

Phillips continues to impress. Great work on the goal that should have won the game for Stockton. For a small guy he finds his way to the tough areas. 

I think Pospisil needs to get a little quicker, but it wouldn't surprise me if he sees an NHL game this season. He brings a lot of elements the NHL team is short on. Big body, great in front of the net/slot area, tips, always willing to engage physically.