Flames 20/21 Seasons Predictions

sak22

Just a thought for fun, I'm trying to devise a scoring system to put a little bragging rights to whoever gets the most or closest

1) The Flames will win how many games.

2) They will finish where in the Canadian division.

3) Will they make the playoffs?

4) If yes, how far will they go?

5) Top scorers will be goals and points(Forward and Defense)

6) Totals for each

7) Goalie win totals (# for each netminder)

8. Breakout players (Forward and Defense) (include point totals)

9) Players to regress (Forward and Defense)

10) Top scoring newcomer (include point totals)

11) Will the Flames play all 56 games without any COVID delays, if yes how many?

12) Will the Flames make a major acquisition (top 6 forward, top 4 d)?  If yes who?

13) Will the Flames trade a current roster player (taxi squad will count), if yes who?

*14) First goal scorer of the season.

I'll start with my guesses

1. 31

2.  2nd

3. Yes

4. 2nd round

5. Monahan goals Tkachuk points - Andersson in both

6. Monahan 22 Tkachuk 51 points, Andersson 12 goals 33 points

7. Markstrom 22, Rittich 8, Domingue 1

8. Dube 35 points and Valimaki 20 points

9. Ryan and Giordano

10. Leivo 22 points

11. Yes, just 1

12. No

13. No

14. Mangiapane

Edit: added first goal scorer, as that should have been on

I missed this yesterday, so I obviously can't do 14, but here it goes

1. 33 wins

2. 4th

3. yes

4. Another 1st round exit

5. Tkachuk points, Lindholm goals. Andersson both

6. Tkachuk 50pts, Lindholm 23 goals, 31pts Andersson

7. Markstrom 19 wins, Rittich 12 wins, Domingue 2 wins. 

8. Valimaki 6-17=23, Dube 11-19=30

9. Lucic and Hanifin. Valimaki ends up taking Hanifin's role in the top 4. 

10. Simon 8-15=23

11. There will be a covid delay, but they will still play 56 games. The schedule will be very compressed down the stretch and the Flames end up playing more than the 8 scheduled back-to-backs.

12. Pierre-Luc Dubois will be a member of the Flames this season. 

13. Johnny Gaudreau will be a part of the blockbuster deal to bring in PLD. Could be other moving pieces.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like a .500 record might be good enough for the 4th playoff spot. We look fairly evenly matched with all of the teams we’ve played before so .500 might be where we are heading. Although, hope we don’t take Ottawa too lightly as they’re the team that’s going to gain us the extra points if we take them seriously.

8 hours ago, robrob74 said:

It looks like a .500 record might be good enough for the 4th playoff spot. We look fairly evenly matched with all of the teams we’ve played before so .500 might be where we are heading. Although, hope we don’t take Ottawa too lightly as they’re the team that’s going to gain us the extra points if we take them seriously.

With any luck, we will be playing VAN before they figure things out.

Holtby is furious.

The D is a mess.

Lazy backchecking.

Coach on his last legs.

11 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Many people won't like this answer, and I don't say this to excuse what we've seen on the ice but at the end of the day the Flames are easily the 3rd best team in this division. You could even the argue the 2nd if you want. Again, doesn't excuse what we've seen but the idea that this season is over or the doom is gloom is too early. 

That being said it's up to the team to start proving it. Of their next 11 games you've got 1 against the Jets (despite the record I think the games have shown the Flames are the better team), 4 against the Nucks, 2 against the Oilers and 2 against the Sens. 

Need to start making headway here. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Many people won't like this answer, and I don't say this to excuse what we've seen on the ice but at the end of the day the Flames are easily the 3rd best team in this division. You could even the argue the 2nd if you want. Again, doesn't excuse what we've seen but the idea that this season is over or the doom is gloom is too early. 

That being said it's up to the team to start proving it. Of their next 11 games you've got 1 against the Jets (despite the record I think the games have shown the Flames are the better team), 4 against the Nucks, 2 against the Oilers and 2 against the Sens. 

Need to start making headway here. 

I agree with this.

We are a better team than what we have shown.

We should not be struggling to compete in some games.

Marksstom is easily good enough to give us a chance to win each game he starts.

Gio and Ras are better than what we have seen; there may be some communication issues or current practices they need to fix.

Too many deflections by D that are killing us.

Piss poor line 4.

The unfortunate thing is that there are only division games by everyone in front of us.

We need to take care of our games first, and look for help for teams above us.

In some ways it's better that EDM wins about half of the games against MTL and TOR.

And that OTT and VAN beat WPG, TOR and MTL.

I'm not as concerned about winning the division as much as keeping pace with them.