travel_dude

8 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

A split wouldn't be terrible, they cant catch us, play a little rope-a-dope until when it matters post season.

I'm glad no one is talking about us, don't need our guys getting big heads anyways.

Under the radar and steady as she goes.

I'd just as soon start intimidating everyone rn.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

I'm glad no one is talking about us, don't need our guys getting big heads anyways.

Under the radar and steady as she goes.

I agree. The hockey world will have all summer to talk about us after we win the cup ;) 

Lots of trade nuggets for Flames in Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

1. Flames liked their chances of re signing Stone but it was always a no go on Valimaki. Once Vegas said yes to Brannstrom Calgary was basically out. 

I think if Calgary got him there, the Flames loved their chances of it eventually occurring. But word is Ottawa’s ask included Juuso Valimaki, and for the second year in a row Calgary rejected anyone’s attempts to pry loose the Finnish defenceman.

2. Calgary apparently asked about Matt Hendricks

Winnipeg wasn’t the only team that asked about Matt Hendricks. I think both Calgary and Edmonton did, too. People love the guy.

3. Not certain it was a 1st round pick in the deal for Zucker

Jason Zucker didn’t fail a physical, but knows this weird feeling after his near-trade to Calgary, involving Michael Frolik and what’s believed to be a first- or second-second-round draft pick, fell through.

4. Flames may have put a claim in on Healy but didn't have priority

It’s possible Calgary made a waiver claim on Micheal Haley, too. But San Jose had priority.

5. Flames were in on Edler. 

The Flames wouldn’t confirm it, but did ask about Vancouver’s Alexander Edler.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-golden-knights-won-mark-stone-sweepstakes/

23 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Lots of trade nuggets for Flames in Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

1. Sounds like even if BT said yes to Valimaki, VGK would have gotten Stone because Brunstrom is the guy the Sens wanted more.

2. Good to hear.  Hendricks is the perfect cheapshot deterrent.  He's a Hockey Code guy.  

3. Hope Frolik has a great playoffs for us and we laugh at this when we look back at it.

4. Fantenberg is a solid consolation prize.  Low risk safe reward.

5. Meh, after Edler's face fracture, I'm not sure I want him.  It's not even that's he's a Canucks but rather he probably doesn't go 110% physically after that injury.  He's going to take it easy.  

41 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

1. Sounds like even if BT said yes to Valimaki, VGK would have gotten Stone because Brunstrom is the guy the Sens wanted more.

2. Good to hear.  Hendricks is the perfect cheapshot deterrent.  He's a Hockey Code guy.  

3. Hope Frolik has a great playoffs for us and we laugh at this when we look back at it.

4. Fantenberg is a solid consolation prize.  Low risk safe reward.

5. Meh, after Edler's face fracture, I'm not sure I want him.  It's not even that's he's a Canucks but rather he probably doesn't go 110% physically after that injury.  He's going to take it easy.  

Their loss.  Brunnstrom over Valimaki?  And to get that, they gave up a 1st and possibly another GOOD piece.

Ottawa handled it badly and got as much as they could by starting the asks in crazy territory.

Frolik is going to be missed when he goes.  Hard to replace that, especially this time of year.  Saying that, he's a hole filler in BP's mind.  Isn't set on playing with Backlund.  Could still sit out.  Could be 3rd or 4th line.  You want your $4m players at least in the top 9 and playing every night.

The only thing I don't like about Fantenburg is coming from a losing organization.  They have fallen.  Last year they were ok.  This year not so much.  He's on a tryout with the Flames for next season.  A decent end to the season and playoffs (if he plays) could turn into a multi-year deal.  Nothing crazy. 

Archived